It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect example over why some "professional" polls are not accurate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Exhibit A:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Notice anything wrong with this picture? Yeah, well that's because Gingrich and Santorum are not on the Virginia ballot. If this was a truly accurate poll, then the only 2 choices would be Paul or Romney. And no, write-ins are not allowed.

And something I noticed with all these polls is that they're pretty much the same for most of the country. Maybe it's just me, but that seems odd. Surely there would be some candidates that would poll better in some states than others. But the state polls all seem to follow the national polls very closely. Seems odd because there should be more volatility as every state is not representative of the nation.

What do you all think?
edit on 31-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well do not forget Super Pacs are now taking their own polls as well, with little to no oversight. As far as I am concerned, a lot of these polls are worthless.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Notice the date of the polls -- December.

That was before the ruling that they couldn't be on the ballot, so those numbers reflect polls at the end of December. Even PPP's last survey was December 13th. I think everyone's watching Florida right now, and that we'll get updated opinions only after Florida's vote is finished

join