It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
I hope you get a temp ban for this joke of a thread. You are purposly misleading which only hurts the reputation of this site. I will from now on remember your name and everything you say will be discredited

He didn't mislead anyone. If you took two seconds to actually read the story at the link, you'd have known it was just a story put out to engage people into thinking about the subject.

You just got your panties in a bunch because you failed and fell for it all. Get over it.

Reputation of ATS? Yeah, right.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
This bogus thread headline is just another example of what happens when the standards of ATS are allowed to slip. Had he simple said "Suppose Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico?" that would have been OK. but no, he had to go for the dramatic, tableoid effect. And evidently, it has been allowed to stand.

Wow, another poster that failed to follow simple instructions.

Did you read the link prior to hitting the "reply" button on your post. The OP quoted the actual title of the article; he didn't make anything up.

You fell for it hook, line and sinker and now you're all mad about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I just don't think that one country has more rights then another.

So good for them (if true) that they don't back off.

The USA is always bullying

Yeah, right. Let the Iranians close the Straits. It's only an international waterway that they have no right to close.

I guess, according to you, it would be OK if Panama closed the Canal, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by MrWendal

Fair points.

Let's not forget Russian bombers entering US airspace several times over the years too, since we're talking about countries sticking their noses in where they're not wanted.

And that is also a fair point, I would question when this took place and if it was a response to our own meddling.

Fact is the US can not keep involving themselves into other countries affairs and think nothing will come of it. The whole idea is beyond silly and teeters into sheer stupidity. I do not know what the people are like in your part of the world, but I can tell you for me people really do not like it when someone sticks their nose into their business. So it amazes me why people in the US think it should be different when we are the ones doing the sticking. If we dislike it so much ourselves as individuals, why would others not resent the same treatment?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have to read no further than the title of this thread before calling hoax. You see, Iran doesn't have any aircraft carriers.

Who has aircraft carriers: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-1-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Someone has to say this, so it might as well be me:

"How do we really know Iran doesn't have aircraft carriers? Maybe they back-engineered stealth technology from the alien saucer they captured back in the 1960's!"

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Where did they build this carrier? Why has nobody heard of this carrier? Why hasn't the little rat come out and used it as a threatening tool? If Iran had a carrier, that little pimple would be squirting venomous rhetoric all over the place.

Frankly, any country that would build (1) carrier to attempt a go at the USA, could have saved time and just took 27K tons of steel and dumped it into the ocean.
edit on 31-1-2012 by KillShotMi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
I have to read no further than the title of this thread before calling hoax. You see, Iran doesn't have any aircraft carriers.

You should read the whole thread because, you mist the whole point all together.

Your reply would have been way different.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by theRhenn

This is a scenerio, the thread name is misleading. When i first saw this thread I thought, there is just no way this is true, becuase if it was we average americans would already know about it.

Its the headline of the article. It's SUPPOSED to be missleading.

It's a scenerio.

Not to mention, this shows exactly how many people ACTUALLY READ the OP before they go off on the OP.

(Face Palm :dn

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

My end of the woods?

I'd say we're crawling with Chinese spys and British UAV's

Although the spys are probably mostly corporate and the UAV's are on test flights, so a bit dull really...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
This story is a lie.

If you idiots would research before you post, you would find that Iran does NOT have a carrier. And that the gulf of Mexico isn't international waters, and Iran in them would be an act of war.

I could say.. If YOU idiots would read the damn OP's before typing "this"....

Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Then that is a problem you must overcome.

By reading only the title.. You failed in finding out what the post is about. The title is supposed to be as such, just as the article admits that it is a scenerio to make you THINK. Guess that went over your head, huh?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
OP before you run around calling people damn idiots what the hell gives you the right to post a fake headline and a fake story in breaking alternative news.

you show yourself to be as foolish and deceitful as the orignal author of the story. Your three opening posts do not make it clear that the whole story is fabricated.

Your 3 opening posts do not make sense. Its only when you go to the origianl article you realise that the whole thing is a lie. If someone hasn't time to check the full article the will make a fool of themselves and you get to call them a damn idiot??? Great work.

I expected this on other sites. Maybe this is the norm for ATS now.
edit on 31-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
The whole story is fake.

These Russian Scientist says the link is not real.

Experts say ATS is crumbling under its own weight.

The intellectual heights of abstraction are failing as people refuse to try thinking for themselves.

The sky is falling!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KillShotMi

Where did they build this carrier? Why has nobody heard of this carrier? Why hasn't the little rat come out and used it as a threatening tool? If Iran had a carrier, that little pimple would be squirting venomous rhetoric all over the place.

I was joking. Unfortunately, there are people who actually think like this. When a story is shown to be a fabrication or a hoax, they draw on other fabrications or hoaxes to keep their beliefs alive.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
HUFFINGTON POST SUCKS............most of their statistics are MAKE BELIEVE TOO.-----------------
CORP MEDIA IS BOUGHT&SOLD BY THE ''ELITE'' their attempt @ BRAINWASHING The SHEoPLE- I SKIP BIASED JOURNALISM-there are plenty of ways to get the REAL NEWS-(c-span) for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES i read their TRASH- HONEST REPORTING is left to WHISTLE BLOWERS & CITIZEN REPORTERS. abc,cbs,nbc,cnn,fox ALL HAVE AN AGENDA it is called AGENDA21 a NEW WORLD ORDER- they feed us the information they WANT US TO BELIEVE & we are supposed to WATCH T.V.-play with our GADGETS& ALLOW the 1% ''THINK TANKS'' process & handle CRISIS as it ARRIVES- WHAT THEY FORGET is there are MORE OF US- THAN THERE ARE OF THEM.////// WE THE PEOPLE- do the work that keeps the country open for business& our TAXES keep theM INSULATED from the REAL WORLD, giving them time to MAKE UP THE NEWS for us to ''believe' so we WILL go out and DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW- NEWSPAPERS are BELLY UP because WE THE PEOPLE do not SUBSCRIBE TO PROPAGANDA. i miss the PAPER with REPORTS that were unbiased.....oh well EVERYTHING CHANGES......

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
OP before you run around calling people damn idiots what the hell gives you the right to post a fake headline and a fake story in breaking alternative news.

you show yourself to be as foolish and deceitful as the orignal author of the story. Your three opening posts do not make it clear that the whole story is fabricated.

Your 3 opening posts do not make sense. Its only when you go to the origianl article you realise that the whole thing is a lie. If someone hasn't time to check the full article the will make a fool of themselves and you get to call them a damn idiot??? Great work.

I expected this on other sites. Maybe this is the norm for ATS now.
edit on 31-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

Continue to missread.. If you had read the responce before my responce you would have seen the refrence to the "name calling".

I will also quote myself on my "missleading 3 posts".

Now before anyone get's carried away, this is a scenario topic. It is for discussion only.

How hard is this???

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lindsaylove
HUFFINGTON POST SUCKS............most of their statistics are MAKE BELIEVE TOO.-----------------
CORP MEDIA IS BOUGHT&SOLD BY THE ''ELITE'' their attempt @ BRAINWASHING The SHEoPLE- I SKIP BIASED JOURNALISM-there are plenty of ways to get the REAL NEWS-(c-span) for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES i read their TRASH- HONEST REPORTING is left to WHISTLE BLOWERS & CITIZEN REPORTERS. abc,cbs,nbc,cnn,fox ALL HAVE AN AGENDA it is called AGENDA21 a NEW WORLD ORDER- they feed us the information they WANT US TO BELIEVE & we are supposed to WATCH T.V.-play with our GADGETS& ALLOW the 1% ''THINK TANKS'' process & handle CRISIS as it ARRIVES- WHAT THEY FORGET is there are MORE OF US- THAN THERE ARE OF THEM.////// WE THE PEOPLE- do the work that keeps the country open for business& our TAXES keep theM INSULATED from the REAL WORLD, giving them time to MAKE UP THE NEWS for us to ''believe' so we WILL go out and DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW- NEWSPAPERS are BELLY UP because WE THE PEOPLE do not SUBSCRIBE TO PROPAGANDA. i miss the PAPER with REPORTS that were unbiased.....oh well EVERYTHING CHANGES......

....wait is this the face value of self-aware parody or the parody of self-aware face value?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I found it! pretty scary stuff....

LOL I loved this!

Thanks for the humor

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics