It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by theRhenn

There is a significant difference between the gulf of Mexico and the strait of Hormuz.

The gulf of Mexico is not a major shipping lane, the strait of Hormuz is, the two can't be compared.

Have you every heard of the Panama Canal?

They very much can be compared!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

There is a significant difference between the gulf of Mexico and the strait of Hormuz.

The gulf of Mexico is not a major shipping lane, the strait of Hormuz is, the two can't be compared.

I don't think the main reason for this thread was to compare the Gulf of Mexico to the Strait of Hormuz, it seems that it was more along the lines of, "Crap, they are as close to us as we are to them".

I don't think that this would be anything more than posturing, unless of course Iran is the first wave to be followed by the Chinese, Russians, North Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis.
edit on 31-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

As did I. You should read ALL of the information before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
and this is BAN.

absolute bollix.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What your link is talking about is;

What if Iran did to the US, what the US is doing to Iran. Would the US behave like Iran?

It also mentions how the media is used to spread justification in favour of US covert activities in and around Iran.
Something the media would never have done if Iran conducted converted activities in and around the US.

The media along with the US government would have called it illegal and unjust.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

What about Panama canal?

Its not part of the gulf of Mexico...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
fake or not, who cares?!?!? if israel wants to go at it with them then let THEM do it alone, nobody else on earth gives two craps about this BS, except maybe newt, rick, and mitt.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This is a scenerio, the thread name is misleading. When i first saw this thread I thought, there is just no way this is true, becuase if it was we average americans would already know about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Over 25 responses in the first half hour! If this were presented by the MSM as fact the response would beat H.G. wells 1938 of War of the Worlds broadcast. ATS members are usually a little more critical of the MSM than the average news listener.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

What your link is talking about is;

What if Iran did to the US, what the US is doing to Iran. Would the US behave like Iran?

It also mentions how the media is used to spread justification in favour of US covert activities in and around Iran.
Something the media would never have done if Iran conducted converted activities in and around the US.

The media along with the US government would have called it illegal and unjust.

Really just a new spin on this:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

With all due respect Chad, your completely missing the point. Yes they are two very different bodies of waters but it is more about simply being there. Let's take the Strait of Hormuz out of this. We have also sent people into Iran, we have flown drones over their country. We have continually injected ourselves into their domestic affairs.

If Iran put a ship into the Gulf Of Mexico.. GOOD! We deserve it. They have no right to be there, just like we have no right sending our ships and troops into other areas of the world to play policeman, overthrow governments, or involve ourselves in the domestic issues of other Nations.

As an example, here is an article from early January where China warned the US to mind it's own business in relation to 3 Tibetan Monks who lit themselves on fire as a form of protest.
China warns US against meddling

Now we have had the same thing happen right here in the US. I can recall 2 cases. One was a women in Miami who set herself on fire in the mall. The second was a case in New Hampshire when a man set himself on fire on the steps of the Courthouse. Now what if China decided to involve themselves in our domestic issues after this had happened (which they did not)?

That is the point.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Fair points.

Let's not forget Russian bombers entering US airspace several times over the years too, since we're talking about countries sticking their noses in where they're not wanted.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Anyone actually following any recent events should have known right away the concept of the article since Iran doesn't have an aircraft carrier. I took the time to read the article and I thought it was actually pretty good.

If you can stop banging your war drums for a minute and take a look in the mirror, much of what the author is getting at makes good sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A lot of imagination......in this story.

As ruthless as those make out America to be,imagine if America was more like the Japanese or the Germans of WW2?

Food for thought........

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I found it! pretty scary stuff....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Okay, so I made that up. Sue me.

Why is this not in the HOAX bin?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

This bogus thread headline is just another example of what happens when the standards of ATS are allowed to slip. Had he simple said "Suppose Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico?" that would have been OK. but no, he had to go for the dramatic, tableoid effect. And evidently, it has been allowed to stand.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This story is a lie.

If you idiots would research before you post, you would find that Iran does NOT have a carrier. And that the gulf of Mexico isn't international waters, and Iran in them would be an act of war.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Now before anyone get's carried away, this is a scenario topic. It is for discussion only.

I hope you get a temp ban for this joke of a thread. You are purposly misleading which only hurts the reputation of this site. I will from now on remember your name and everything you say will be discredited

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Its all a big show. Every bit of it.

If islamic terrorism was such a big deal a Dubai contractor would not be building next to St Davids Hospital at 32nd st and IH35.]] China would not be doing military exercises on US land sea and air

All the conspiracy theories whether true or not true are part of the show. The key is to be greater than the manipulative show. This means a whole bunch of lifelong conceptions will have to be tossed out the window.
There is no such thing as Democrats or Republicans is one
There is no such thing as al Qaeda as it was explained to you is another
There is no such thing as a libetarian party or a tea party
There is no rogue group of hackers called Anonymous thats against government corruption...its all an integral part of the military and global intel community.

There...i have got you started on your trek out of the illusion..fly it out. All systems are nominal, warp capabilities, photon torpedos and phaser banks are in working order and shields are at maximum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join