It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Iranian Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf of Mexico

www.huffingtonpost.com

(Tehran, FNA) The Fars News Agency has confirmed with the Republican Guard’s North American Operations Command that a new elite Iranian commando team is operating in the U.S.-Mexican border region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So, we are in Their gulf, and now they are in Ours.

Did we anticipate this? What do you think the US will do about this now?

Things are looking very hairy folks. I think the topic and possibility of war, looms every more closely now.

I would love to have everyone's take on this. How about some new ideas, new discussions. Not the same old "The US Deserves it" comments.

*Be Civil Please! 1 liners and snide comments will be reported*

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Now before anyone get's carried away, this is a scenario topic. It is for discussion only.

The primary day-to-day mission of the team, known as the Joint Special Operations Gulf of Mexico Task Force, or JSOG-MTF, is to mentor Mexican military units in the border areas in their war with the deadly drug cartels. The task force provides “highly trained personnel that excel in uncertain environments,” Maj. Amir Arastoo, a spokesman for Republican Guard special operations forces in North America, tells Fars, and “seeks to confront irregular threats...”

The unit began its existence in mid-2009 -- around the time that Washington rejected the Iranian leadership’s wish for a new diplomatic dialogue. But whatever the task force does about the United States -- or might do in the future -- is a sensitive subject with the Republican Guard. “It would be inappropriate to discuss operational plans regarding any particular nation,” Arastoo says about the U.S.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I just don't think that one country has more rights then another.

So good for them (if true) that they don't back off.

The USA is always bullying

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

There is a significant difference between the gulf of Mexico and the strait of Hormuz.

The gulf of Mexico is not a major shipping lane, the strait of Hormuz is, the two can't be compared.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ha!

Those Iranians are pretty funny dudes,

Edit -fail. I wouldnt have been surprised though
edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Okay, so I made that up. Sue me. But first admit that, a line or two in, you knew it was fiction.

After all, despite the talk about American decline, we are still on a one-way imperial planet. Yes, there is a new U.S. special operations team known as Joint Special Operations Task Force-Gulf Cooperation Council, or JSOTF-GCC, at work near Iran and, according to Wired magazine’s Danger Room blog, we really don’t quite know what it’s tasked with doing (other than helping train the forces of such allies as Bahrain and Saudi Arabia). And yes, the quotes are perfectly real, just out of the mouth of a U.S. “spokesman for special-operations forces in the Mideast,” not a representative of Iran’s Republican Guard. And yes, most Americans, if they were to read about the existence of the new special ops team, wouldn’t think it strange that U.S. forces were edging up to (if not across) the Iranian border, not when our “safety” was at stake.

So, in my opinion, if this story were true, would be more proof that the IRGC (along with Hamas) would be helping Mexican drug cartels to build tunnels underneath the borders to commit terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

We already know why U.S. forces would be off the coast of Iran.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

anticipate? Well, if they are in gulf, we most likely let them. A chinese submarine getting in stealthy is one thing.. And aircraft carrier is huge and the US had to see it coming, so.. Does leaving te door open and the jewelry out equal anticipation?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I would imagine that the person who does laundry for the Iranian ship is pretty busy right now. The crew must be pooping themselves being that close to "the great satan".

That being said, it'd be a suicide mission if they fired on the mainland. So let them run their little games.

Ignoring them might upset them worse than treating them as hostile.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So The Huffington Post is The Onion now?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If true? Wouldn't Iran NEED an aircraft carrier, to have an aircraft carrier in the gulf? 20 years from now, when completed, Iran is welcome to float it anywhere the tug boats can pull it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Misleading title and a fake news story that clearly was for reactions.
Huffington Post is garbage and bias, they are fishing for support.

At least the author admitted it was a fake headline and story.

Junk.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Apparently none of you took time to read the complete source article.

This is FICTION.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I find it funny, that people here are arguing whether it should be allowed. not weather an Iranian aircraft carrier even exists...... You guys should look into the specs on this Iranian aircraft carrier... bwhahahah

If let go, ATS could turn this into "Iran has 4 aircraft carriers in the gulf of Mexico"

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
makes sense...

we (and allies) provoke them...they get in a threatening position to us...we retaliate towards them...(false flag, we are workng together) they attack our land...martial law is instilled and the police state and eternal war are set in stone.
if our land is attacked, all of the sheeple will beg the government to take their rights and make them safe. they will no longer question and soley follow.

sounds about right
edit on 31-1-2012 by JAsay1LOVE because: haha... i was tricked, should have read the source first. i think the statement holds true tho. if they had a presense here i believe my formula would hold true

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am just trying to get clarifiaction here. Am i correct in thinking this whole story is a fabrication?

There is no Iranian Aircraft in the gulf of Mexico?

The guy in the report says he made it up. He doesn't specify which part he made up, so i have to guess he made it all up.

This has got to be one of the dumbest pieces of journalism I have read.

You seem to give an indication of this in your third post but you do not make if very clear. You talk about this being some exercise. You do not make any sense. Its like your third post is an exercise on its own while infact its attempt at admitting the whole story is fake.

Is it is correct that there is actually no truth to the story? If this is the case the article and the thread should really be in the bin.
edit on 31-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Very misleading thread seeing its a made up article.www.huffingtonpost.com...

Okay, so I made that up. Sue me. But first admit that, a line or two in, you knew it was fiction.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Despite it being a junk story, I've seen quite a few posts mentioning this scenario.

It's a popular tit for tat argument, but as I said above, I don't believe one can compare the two scenarios.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The whole story is fake.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This news if true is a little puzzling ...It makes me think ,well we know US has most if not the majority of its forces deployed all around the world away from the mother land and they have many foreign troops inside their own borders being trained for what, we don't know ...do you see where this is headed ....Na ,couldn't go down like that ,could it? peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join