It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill a new born painlessly for $1 billion dollars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I have to ask you, Alyssa, what exactly brought that thought to bear? Everyone does have a price, you know, and this would be akin to murder for hire, would it not? I am curious of how this came to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by twinsoulz23

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron

Originally posted by Alyssa
With that money you can donate to the many in need.

There is no god
There is no karma
There is only atoms, morals that are man made, emotions that are programs so why not make some easy money.

Ahh you just contradicted yourself, if one does not have morals or emotions why would they want to donate to the many in need?

EXACTLY! There is no basis to this argument whatsoever....

"Emotions are programs" doesn't mean there aren't any emotions. I'm saying you are a flesh machine living in an illusion.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Alyssa

I have to ask you, Alyssa, what exactly brought that thought to bear? Everyone does have a price, you know, and this would be akin to murder for hire, would it not? I am curious of how this came to you.

I don't see life and many of my emotions are shallow. Unlike in that other topic how people were saying "I'm emotionless", that's not true, I simply feel it at a shallow level. I'm shallow in emotions thus I can't always feel what others feel deeply. I find pleasures in life like everybody else but in the end it's all atoms and quantum.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

So if somebody put a gun to your head and said they are going to blow you away, you wouldnt be afraid for you life because the gun is just an illusion right? LOL. I understand that Reality is possibly an Illusion, but an Illusion is simply a distortion of the truth! Think about it, who created the Illusion??

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

In short, no i could not do it, who am i to take someone elses life? As for the $1 billion reward, money really has no interest for me apart from how i get by in this current system, i suppose it would be good to give away to deserving causes, but not worth the life of a child or anyone else. The child commited no rape, therefore the child has done no wrong, why make it suffer for the crimes of the (using term very loosley) father?

I say change how society would perceive the child, i am not responsible for how people react to me, so how should that child be even when it gets older, i say society should learn to accept it when people are different to the mainstream and doing nothing wrong. Live with it. ftw

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

In truth when this child grows 95% of society will look at it in disgust while the other small percentage will falsely lie to themselves that he/she is still beautiful.

I will gladly kill the 95% for free.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Haha, the high and mighty!
Because you believe that your opinion is the right one, you can insult others? I stand by my opinion. However I won't go as low as you and start resorting to insults. I did say that I would sacrifice myself for $ 1 billion if I knew the money is going to save animals from suffering. Why do I have to splatter my brains though? Did you say that because my opinion makes you angry?
Just imagine how I feel reading all this infantile dribble by people who I believe have a skewed vision on real life, nature and everything?
You can all rip your hair out and jump headfirst at the ceiling for all I care, it won't change my opinion one little bit. Oh and just to drive you completely over the edge: I would happily sacrifice all of human kind in order to let this beautiful world and nature get back to the healthy equilibrium it was before the human came and destroyed it all.
Now what?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I would NOT kill this child for ANY amount of money! Rather, I would ask that if this child was not wanted by anyone that the child be given to me. I would love this child and raise it as my own. The child's life might not be perfect, but I am reasonably sure that I could provide this child with enough love to give it a good life.

I am a pro-choice person, but when you choose to give birth to a child there is NEVER a reason to kill it! It is an innocent baby and deserves a chance to live! For all you know this child could grow up to cure cancer or bring peace to the entire world!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

My post wasn't an attack towards you. You said you would sacrifice yourself to save animals. I was just giving you an option to achieve your goals. I don't know how you took that as an insult. For someone who is so confident in their beliefs, you sure seem angry and defensive.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

No karma? You don't deserve any further commenting its waste of typing

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I can't imagine a situation where I would take this child's life, although if I did, it wouldn't be for money. I would NOT accept any amount of money for it.

Having severe burns on its face is no reason to take its life. Many people are disfigured. I had seizures in my youth and people made fun of me. It made me stronger.

Being a product of rape is no reflection on the child.

Do you value this child? You'll answer yes.

Actually, I don't know this child and don't value them any more than anyone else. It's simply not my right to take another's life, except in self-defense. That's my own moral code.

But isn't value itself an illusion?

An illusion? I suppose you could call it that. I would say that our values are relative to our beliefs. We each have our own ideas of what is valuable. So, one man's trash is another's treasure. This child wouldn't be particularly valuable to me, but my morals are.

edit on 1/31/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just because a question or an idea pops in your head, does not mean it should leave your head.

It shouldn't be on the internet.
The only place that it should be if you really desire to let it out is in a notebook full of your weird problems.

I know the internet is full of strange things and vile questions like the OPs but we should learn to be more responsible with what we say and what we contribute to the internet.
People talk of world peace but they cant even help the virtual world stay free of demonic thoughts and vile things.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I would NOT kill this child for ANY amount of money! Rather, I would ask that if this child was not wanted by anyone that the child be given to me. I would love this child and raise it as my own. The child's life might not be perfect, but I am reasonably sure that I could provide this child with enough love to give it a good life.

I am a pro-choice person, but when you choose to give birth to a child there is NEVER a reason to kill it! It is an innocent baby and deserves a chance to live! For all you know this child could grow up to cure cancer or bring peace to the entire world!

How are you going to tell this deformed child it was an unwanted product of rape? Even you realize this baby is of low-value otherwise you wouldn't have tried to increase his/her value by stating it could "grow up to cure cancer or bring peace to the world!"

You selfish women you are. To keep this low-value child alive just so you can feel great about yourself. It's the ones that end it's life that truly care. No matter what you think, value and status plays an important role in rather we find mates or land a high paying job.

Just go into the pic section and notice the attention the beautiful users get compared to the ugly people. Looks and status matter much more in this world of primitive drives. Living a lie believing in some magical force called love will save the day is very silly.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Cheer up friend.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

To keep this low-value child

No child is low value, that is a twisted way of viewing it.

Just go into the pic section and notice the attention the beautiful users get compared to the ugly people.

And you are judging who is ugly and who is beautiful?? You are contradicting yourself quite often in this thread.
Also, that argument is not really valid, because it simply is not true.

vvv

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
what is right and what is rong? right to act in love, rong to act in fear.
it is not the act which is right or rong its the emotion you acted upon.
if you love our life more than your own you will act through love and make the right choice.
if you act through the fear of the consequences of the babys deformities your choice was rong.
if you acted through the love of money you are acting through the love of your own life making you selfish,
you need to learn you dont need money to live, alls you need to live is love,
loose your love you loose your life
if you feel you need money to live then find real love
if the baby grows up to love our life it would not need the love of anyone else, it would be creating its own.
fear makes us hide love lets us fly.
next time you walk past a park play on the swings, when you choose not to you must understand you acted through fear.
love creates an energy which is not afraid to live, love life an do the right thing, play on the swings

your love is your life and your life is your love for our life

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I would take the billion dollars, pretend to kill the baby, but secretly kidnap it. I would spend part of the money on reconstructive surgery for the child. Then I would lovingly raise it as part of my family. Baby wins/I win.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

How are you going to tell this deformed child it was an unwanted product of rape?

When the child was old enough to understand, I'd sit down with her and explain... "Back before you were born, something terrible happened to me and I want to tell you about it..." I would be honest, telling her enough to satisfy her curiosity about it. But I would tell her that when she was born, I loved her immediately and knew that she was here for me to love... I would leave NO DOUBT that her place in my life was exactly as it was meant to be. I wouldn't worry over the fact that she was a product of rape. That's not something to be ashamed of. I would focus on how much I wanted and loved her and how happy I was to have her in my life.

Looks and status matter much more in this world of primitive drives.

Looks do matter, but they are certainly not the only factor in the value of a person.
Many successful people have imperfections. They make us stronger.

Living a lie believing in some magical force called love will save the day is very silly.

Love is not magic.
And it's definitely not a lie.

I'm sorry you're hurting so badly.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

If you truly believe that looks and status are the most important things in the world then I pity you. There is no greater joy in life than to love and be loved by a child, and it matters not what they grow up to do or not do. Apparently you must have had somebody really mess up your head while you were growing up.

The purpose of this life is to live and to learn. It's not to be the most attractive or have the highest paying job. If that is what you value above all then you have a lot to learn about life indeed!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I have decided that there must be something seriously wrong with you.
I am basing this on the subjects of your threads.To answer your question...
NO!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join