It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill a new born painlessly for $1 billion dollars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You will not see or hear the child die. This child is a product of rape and has severe burns on his/her face. In truth when this child grows 95% of society will look at it in disgust while the other small percentage will falsely lie to themselves that he/she is still beautiful. Would not it be it better smarter to end his/her life at birth with a reward of $1 billion? With that money you can donate to the many in need.

There is no god
There is no karma
There is only atoms, morals that are man made, emotions that are programs so why not make some easy money.

Do you value this child? You'll answer yes. But isn't value itself an illusion? Yes. So how can a new born have value if it's just another illusion.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

that is whats wrong with our society. For "the Love" of money is the root of all evil !!! I say nay

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
ok....i just gotta ask...are you the product of rape?

you loaded this question up with more powder than i think you realize...this is a very touchy post you have here...not even cuz of the choosing over a child's death question...you sound like you might very well have some issues to be running these thoughts through your head and sharing them with everyone.

or perhaps you're young and your mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts and you're trying to establish your moral compass?

you must realize...this was a fairly pointless question that is begging to explode...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Have you been watching old Twilight Zone re-runs?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

IMHO, this question is just so controversial.

There is no price on human life.

vvv

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don't think humans are worth as much as some want to believe. I don't like the fact that the OP had to write that the child was a rape baby and burnt. what has that got to do with anything?
Just ask me outright if I'd do the same to a normal baby under the circumstances that I never see the kid etc and I have to say yes. Not because I want to be rich and buy handbags but because that money can save so many animals in the world. I would build shelters and go to the far east and save decent creatures from torture, I would save animals all over the world.
To me it is worth one baby easily. I would even sacrifice myself if someone would get enough money to save animals. So yeah, I'd sacrifice the baby.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No, I wouldn't.
Do you have any other ridiculous questions that you've spent all night thinking about?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
ok....i just gotta ask...are you the product of rape?

you loaded this question up with more powder than i think you realize...this is a very touchy post you have here...not even cuz of the choosing over a child's death question...you sound like you might very well have some issues to be running these thoughts through your head and sharing them with everyone.

or perhaps you're young and your mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts and you're trying to establish your moral compass?

you must realize...this was a fairly pointless question that is begging to explode...

No, I'm not a product of rape.

I don't understand how this is a touchy post. Please explain this.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

ot because I want to be rich and buy handbags but because that money can save so many animals in the world. I would build shelters and go to the far east and save decent creatures from torture, I would save animals all over the world.

So you would sacrifice a new born baby, to save the lives of animals!!!?? WTF?
Look, i love my pets, and i know there are some messed up things going on with animal research and such, but still, this is just beyond me.

Like i said:

THERE IS NO PRICE ON HUMAN LIFE.

VVV

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I dont care how a conditioned society may think of an 'unfortunate' person, I would not self benefit from the loss of a life, I'd rather carry the amazing feeling of knowing i had saved a life over accepting $1billion.

YOU selfishly saved the child's life so YOU can feel good? Lol, in the end YOU are still the selfish one.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yes I would. Yes I would kill one baby to save thousands of animals. Yes I would. I repeat: Humans are not the most important thing on earth...at all! So you would save one baby but let thousands of creatures die a horrible death? WTF to you!

Oh and as to my age, I am probably older than you. I have life experience and don't live in cloud coo-coo land.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This question isn't really anything new or revolutionary and I'm sure is something that most people will have considered at some point but In my opinion the issues you need to address in a well thought out response are far, far too complex to really be worth discussing on ATS in a thread that will inevitably descend into trolling and flamewars in about 3 pages. The OP also reads as being quite hostile and seems to be inviting such behaviour.
There are so many different assumptions and implications being made that i just don't know where to begin with a response - I think an instinctive 'knee jerk' reaction would be pointless. This is bound to be a very emotional subject for a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by n00bUK
I dont care how a conditioned society may think of an 'unfortunate' person, I would not self benefit from the loss of a life, I'd rather carry the amazing feeling of knowing i had saved a life over accepting $1billion.

YOU selfishly saved the child's life so YOU can feel good? Lol, in the end YOU are still the selfish one.

You gave me the choice though, so its obvious im going to emotionally choose the right choice, rather than choose through self want - money. The selfish act is taking it upon your self to take ones life - naturally, human nature was not born with these choices so my human nature, not conditioned behavior - prevails.

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

(SNIP)

im 24, thanks.

Quote of offensive material removed.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

With that money you can donate to the many in need.

There is no god
There is no karma
There is only atoms, morals that are man made, emotions that are programs so why not make some easy money.

Ahh you just contradicted yourself, if one does not have morals or emotions why would they want to donate to the many in need? The money would be useless as they would never feel any enjoyment, they will only exist but never truly live.
edit on 30/09/10 by Maccaron.Shakaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hell to the No. That is just evil, even if you dont do it directly. To try to gain money at the cost of your HUMANITY? No matter what, that child is still a LIFE, and has just as much to live for as you do! What if you were that child, would you not want a chance to live still? I dont care if it was missing its arms and legs, an its eyes, whatever...The pursuit of money is the Root of all evil in this world...Im sorry but i have a soul, and a conscious, and while you might live good for the rest of your time in this life, you WILL have to pay for your actions in another, meaning you might be born in the same condition as that child...Its called KARMIC DEPT. Im sorry but that was a rhetorical question for me...NO SIR u can keep your $1 Billion

---1Love

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yes I would. Yes I would kill one baby to save thousands of animals. Yes I would. I repeat: Humans are not the most important thing on earth...at all! So you would save one baby but let thousands of creatures die a horrible death? WTF to you!

Oh and as to my age, I am probably older than you. I have life experience and don't live in cloud coo-coo land.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

Firstly, the age question was not directed at you, as you can see from the quote preceding it.

Secondly, so humans are not the most important thing on earth?? Are you suggesting animals are???

You might get your billion dollars, but would you be able to live with the eternal torment, that you had to kill an innocent baby, to get it, or will using the money to save the animals, make you forget about it.

This is an emotional topic, wich will inevatably lead to many different answers.

I don't know what the OP expected, with this question, but this thread is rather controversial.

vvv

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron

With that money you can donate to the many in need.

There is no god
There is no karma

Ahh you just contradicted yourself, if one does not have morals or emotions why would they want to donate to the many in need?

EXACTLY! There is no basis to this argument whatsoever....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join