It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France near to sell Air Fighters to russia ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I've read somewhere today that Serge DASSAULT (Son of Marcel DASSAULT and CEO of Dassault aircraft group) met the president Putin last week, to talk about some business.

Do you think Russians could be interested in Buying some RAFALES ?
Or maybe they just need some other stuff, like DUC drones ?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im not sure why Putin would want to buy Frances Aircraft tech, i thought they had a pretty decent Airforce already.The French make some good Aircraft though the Mirage is an exellent fighter that gave the UK in the Falklands a lot of trouble.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Not Rafale, russians have better planes and they want to support their industry, but maybe some avionics.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Not Rafale, russians have better planes and they want to support their industry, but maybe some avionics.

Longbow, I think your dead on. It has to be avionics or other electronics etc. Russia may be trying to market to western countires and the one area they lag is in avionics esp in thier commerical ventures. They still build killer planes and don't really have a need for the Rafale.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I concur with it being to discuss something with avionics or possibly a joint development project for one of Russia's next generation fighter (I know there are many prototypes out there already) where Dassault will develop the avionics while the Aircraft Bureaus (or the coming super-bureau) focus on the engineering.

The French make some of the best avionics in the world and it would be a good idea to do so

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
to bad the French never use their �killer� avionics in a war
Maybe Russia simply doesn�t have the money to develop a new jet from the ground up so buying cheap French systems might help them.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by longbow

Longbow, I think your dead on. It has to be avionics or other electronics etc. Russia may be trying to market to western countires and the one area they lag is in avionics esp in thier commerical ventures. They still build killer planes and don't really have a need for the Rafale.

Agreed

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Finally, you was a bit wrong. It's something else. Dassault (EADS group) may soon enter of 10% in the capital of the Russian Fighters aircraft Irkout. But I write may...

[edit on 25-9-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

new topics

top topics

join