It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds in Sky Explained by Scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We're beginning to transit the ecliptic of the Milky Way. The MW's 100 billion stars emit energetic particals omnidirectionally. So, as a rule, our solar system is receiving these particals from a variety of directions. As we transit the ecliptic, however, we are receiving these particals from an increasingly narrow 'window'. Perhaps this concentartion of energetic particals is somehow interacting with our magnetosphere. Considering that the last transit occurred roughly 26,000 years ago we'd have little historic information since we were living in caves.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

...honestly, we could have come up with that if we had the equipment. We're paying these guys to operate the equipment, that's all.

They have told us pretty much what we already knew, and nothing we didn't know. Nice find, but the sounds are still a mystery.

As yet, we have no conclusive reports.

Yea.. in a previous thread about the noises, I said:

For what it's worth, people may be just hearing the upper spectrum of the noise. It's funny that for the longest time, people did not realize elephants were making a ton of sounds they couldn't even hear. One lady who now has been doing elephant communication research for over a decade, first felt what she felt was a throbbing or pulsing feeling when near the elephants. Using certain recording and playback techniques, they discovered that elephants were making a ton of low frequency sound to communicate that humans could not hear.

So.. you may just be hearing some of what's going on. There could be a lot more.

So I already had been thinking this, mostly because of the tone of the sounds, and how low it is. How they were able to hear the sounds the elephants were making was by playing back the sound at a very high speed - then the sounds became more audible, and could be heard. So... perhaps we can do that with some of these sounds, and see what we can come up with.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Another possible explanation for some of the sounds heard: a new aircraft propulsion system. It could even be trans-atmospheric capable of going into space on its own.

One candidate is the Pulse Jet Engine with Ramjet/Scramjet, Below is a video of such an engine. If you listen to it, it does sound like some of the posted sounds (the low frequency ones):

The engine above is a hobby model, so there's no telling what the military with big budgets could fly.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by Cythraul

In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves...

Hmmm, i do believe i suggested gravity as a source of these sounds in the last thread, but was a little scoffed at.

Maybe i was reaching by suggesting it could be the gravity of a celestial body, or galactic centre, but i may have been along the right lines all along

edit on 1-2-2012 by McGinty because: In a damned muddle with my quote formatting !

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
We really need someone to record the sounds on video and then run/move a ways away from the initial point to see if they can still hear the sound just as well, or maybe not at all. That could possibly disprove the atmospheric "tunneling" of thunderstorms/waves that I've been hearing about.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by judus
Wow.

So we know what can cause these sounds but still do not know what caused the sounds.

But this is also quite interesting

There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.

edit on 31-1-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

so we can expect what, earth either shrinking or expanding ? or some kind of wave puls travelling as a wrinkle over the tectonic plates ?
edit on 1-2-2012 by pheniks because: sorry, added a question

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I wonder, is this the same Khalilov....?

Yes, this is the same Khalilov according to the guy's credentials in Wikipedia. Also, the photos match.

It's interesting that one day my wife and I heard something weird and thought it might be what people are hearing. When I tried to research what it might be, infrasound seemed likely. This seems to confirm that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm....

Lets keep in mind that not so long ago, well respected intellectuals insisted the universe revolved around the earth. Even Einsteins theories which seemed so groundbreaking and infallible at the time, have been debunked to a degree.

Science is an ever evolving, always theorizing method of explaining things by comparing them to other events and sounding logical.

Solar flares? Magnetism? Who knows what is causing these sounds. What I do know, is that we shouldnt take one man's interpretation as the gospel. Hell, the guy even debunks himself in his own article!!

He goes on to list a myriad of possible causes, but then admits that it probably isnt those things. So basically he wrote a whole article to say "yeah, I took a look, and I dont know what the hell it is either!"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Does this mean an end to all the other silly theories behind the noises? I read on here the other day that some guy suggested they were the 7 trumpets from the book of revelation. The mind boggles......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How can you record sounds outside humanities range when the tools recoding them record within human range?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
One thing which I'm not sure I'm getting about this theory on the sounds, if it is a natural phenomina, and something which can be casued by quakes and volcanos and other earthly/athmospheric phenomina, then why is it only fairly recently being recorded? Surely if this is the casue as presented, then we'd have been recording these sounds for aslong as we've been able to, or they'd be no mystery, and we'd have had a definitive answer long ago.

Not buying it.

good points

some believed that tptb know what it is or maybe they don't, I hope they don't..
I hope they are !@# scared.

something isn't right,, does the sound mean anything? are we ignorant if we believe this is nothing important?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Hmmm, i do believe i suggested gravity as a source of these sounds in the last thread, but was a little scoffed at.

Maybe i was reaching by suggesting it could be the gravity of a celestial body, or galactic centre, but i may have been along the right lines all along

edit on 1-2-2012 by McGinty because: In a damned muddle with my quote formatting !

Sorry, just a terminology thing: acoustic-gravity waves describes a wave type.

Gravity-waves in theoretical physics are different and, if they exist, are entirely undetectable without ultra sensitive equipment (we've been looking for them for years and have not seen any yet).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by McGinty

Sorry, just a terminology thing: acoustic-gravity waves describes a wave type.

Gravity-waves in theoretical physics are different and, if they exist, are entirely undetectable without ultra sensitive equipment (we've been looking for them for years and have not seen any yet).

Hmmm, scoffed at again.... and rightly so!

I'm always getting my classical fluid waves and relativistic gravitational waves mixed up

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Good work! This is a very interesting developement, to have this scientist comment,
and then the last one. I am very intrigued now...more so than ever.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Maybe the sounds are being generated by HAARP low frequencies used as carrier waves in the ionosphere, while the audio frequencies are beamed down from above and superimposed on the HAARP carrier frequency? Perhaps the audio signals are coming from the X-37 drone or even the NROL-32 spy satellite?

Just a thought...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goekaz11
reply to post by chr0naut

Maybe the sounds are being generated by HAARP low frequencies used as carrier waves in the ionosphere, while the audio frequencies are beamed down from above and superimposed on the HAARP carrier frequency? Perhaps the audio signals are coming from the X-37 drone or even the NROL-32 spy satellite?

Just a thought...

Good thought but if you check up, carrier waves in radio are usually much higher than the frequency they carry.

You also can't just "add" an external signal to an already generated radio wave, from another radio source.

When they add a signal to a carrier it is done before the amplifier and antenna, so the high frequency carrier is now modulated by the piggy-backed signal.

edit on 3/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: judus

I realize this is an old post, but I think something significant has happened relating to Mr. Khalilov and his affiliations, WOSCO and IC GGEC.

Here (www.internationalskeptics.com...) Adman wrote:

I haven't found sources that examine Khalilov's claims, but here is the original source of the GeoChange article: wosco.org... BTW, has anyone heard of the "World Organization for Scientific Cooperation (WOSCO)"? I'd never heard of it, and the only entry on Wikipedia that I could find on it looks mighty fishy (as does the "WOSCO" site itself): en.wikipedia.org...:Ea...ic_Cooperation.

Since Adman's publishing in Feb 2012, Mr. Khalilov has been arrested, his Wikipedia entry has been deleted and the WOSCO.ORG site has become defunct. However, Mr. Khaliliv, WOSCO and the IC GGEC all seem to be alive and active on WOSCO.CO. I'm posting links and relavent text here so these changes can be tracked over time.

Source: securityassistance.org...
Arrested another former senior official of the Ministry of Defense
On charges of abuse of office and embezzlement the former head of the Research Center of the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan Elchin Khalilov was arrested. The military court remanded arrest for a period of 3 months against him. Violations of the law in the activities of the Research Center of the Ministry of Defence have been identified during the investigation conducted by the Military Prosecutor's Office . The investigation revealed facts and considered them a ground for bringing Khalilov to criminal responsibility, a source in the Military Prosecutor's Office told Turan. Khalilov is charged under articles 308.2 (abuse of power, which resulted in grave consequences ) and 179.3.2 (embezzlement on a large scale). He faces up to 12 years in prison . Note that Khalilov is also known as an expert on earthquake prediction. Since 1989, he headed the international scientific and technical complex Intergeo Thethys. However, its activities in the Defense Ministry are still unknown to the general public. He was removed from his post as head of the Research Center of the Ministry of Defense after the change in leadership of the military department in October 2013. Khalilov is the third former senior Defense Ministry official arrested last month. According to investigators, Elchin Khalilov at the time when he was head of the Research Center of the Ministry of Defense, exceeding his authority, appropriated state property on a large scale . Elchin Khalilov is involved as an accused under articles 308.2 (abuse of authority , entailing grave consequences ) and 179.3.2 (embezzlement on a large scale ) of the Criminal Code of Azerbaijan. April 3 was arrested the former Chief of Naval Staff of Azerbaijan, former acting Navy Commander, Captain First Rank Yunus Mammadov . He is accused of fraud and falsification of official documents. April 24 on charges of official forgery and embezzlement on a large scale was arrested former commander of the Navy of Azerbaijan, Vice Admiral Shahin Sultanov . Recall that after the change of the Minister of Defense about two dozen senior military officials lost their jobs. Observers believe that several more people can be accused of crimes of corruption in the army and prosecuted. -06D -
Country(s):
Azerbaijan
Link to Article:
Date Published:
Monday, April 28, 2014
Publisher / Source: Contact (Azerbaijan)
Language: English

Source: deletedwikipedia.gawker-labs.com...

Source: www.wosco.org...

Source: www.wosco.co...#!about-us/nkm7j

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join