It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds in Sky Explained by Scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There is no doubt that processes in the core rule the internal energy of our planet, therefore, we should expect by the end of 2012 a sharp rise in strong earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and extreme weather events with peak levels in 2013 - 2014.

Wow, SHARP rise in strong earthquakes. Ok. That's all well and good, but so far, PuterMan has showed that there is no discernible increase in "strong" quakes. In fact, they may actually be decreasing.

Seems to me by now we would have gotten at least a taste of it, but so far I am starving. Pretty soon I will be so emaciated that it's time for the coffin or fire, so they better hurry up.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They have been monitoring this stuff for awhile , here is a pdf sponsored by US Army Space and Missile Defense Command on part of it .

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The article states that this is bigger than an earthquake etc. That is why it has not been heard before since we started keeping records, although this is new to us, it is not new to the planet.

It kind of reminds me of a crystal wine glass,
the sun's energy rubbed along the edges and made the world sing!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

...honestly, we could have come up with that if we had the equipment. We're paying these guys to operate the equipment, that's all.

They have told us pretty much what we already knew, and nothing we didn't know. Nice find, but the sounds are still a mystery.

As yet, we have no conclusive reports.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Makes me think of church when i was a kid. My dad was the preacher, and he used to say that as hard as it is to imagine that all people of earth would hear the trumpets of the angels before Armageddon. We don't know what past generations experienced. This may have happened before, and we were warned in the best way they could describe it. I am thinking some kind of massive earth change (possible a pole shift) that they were nearly wiped out. I really hope that is not the case, but if you close your eyes and listen to the sounds it really is eerie, made me think of trumpets from heaven.... I guess only time will tell. But i have a feeling that something major will be occurring soon. You can read the bible and see how they explain certain things in the only way they could understand it, but it may have happened for other reasons. Really makes you think.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The gravitational pull of the alignment with the great rift causes resonance in all objects in line, including the earth.

That's my crazy theory lol

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In my opinion, its nothing more than wind blowing through something near those apartment buildings in Keiv. That was the very very very first video ever of that sound. But it also could be a very good haox in dead. Now, www.youtube.com... sound spretty darn close to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Just to be clear on the "just a theory" thing, evolution is just a theory. So is relativity. The Big Bang is just a theory. Chaos theory is just a theory. So is Theory of truth. We swear by a lot of theories, but they are just theories.

Is this guy's theory just a theory or is it a lesser theory?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Okay, so people heard something similar 119 years ago.

That's not enough to make the point you attempted to make.

As common as it is now (last year or so), something "strange" is obviously happening.

Don't be so quick to ignore something so important.

Whatever these sounds are... They are happening too often to brush off as "common".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by budcin

Interesting idea. It wouldn't be the first time an ancient peoples saw or heard something and, without understanding it, just compared it to what they already knew. We don't even know what to compare it to. This would have be frightening to an older people and most certainly would be recorded somewhere if it has happened before.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

No it wasn't the first video of the mysterious sounds, look up Florida rumbling, March 2011. Well documented, actually happened. Also there are recordings from 2009 onward of various different incidents, not the same sounds. Some high pitched, some lower pitched etc. No one was really paying attention back then, except for some here at ATS.

August 2011 was a busy month for the mysterious sounds and the Kiev clip, whether hoax or actual, was just one that emerged that month.

On topic... destabilization of the ionosphere is one of the theories that the scientist in that interview claims is possible. Isn't there a certain man made technology that can do just that?
But seriously,

Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.
Then why is this phenomenon not more wide spread, covering larger areas if it's of solar origin? And rarely reported as happening until just recently? Still many questions, the guy has some interesting theories but nothing is certain still.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Just my own little off the top of my head theory here to answer your question....

The bands of the magnetosphere and the upper atmosphere probably carry the sound, so it might be stronger along magnetic lines within and along the earth. Just a brain fart...probably wrong, but loved to think it.

perhaps ley lines carry the vibration, if you believe in those.....
edit on 31-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sort of had the same thought, when you look at where the aurora borealis occurs in comparison, and consider this sound has been reported frequently up north in Canada, it would make sense it could be more audible up in those regions. But then you look at Florida and Costa Rica also hearing these sounds and well...

I'm just glad some credible scientists are looking into this, finally.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards the pole shift theory. I read recently about how there has been a mass migration of snowy owls from the arctic down to the lower 48 states, and even as far as Hawaii. A leading owl scientist call's this "unbelievable" and "the most significant wildlife event in decades."

source

If you look at all the animal deaths in the last year, birds falling from the sky, whales and dolphins beaching themselves, fish washing ashore, etc.etc.. Could any of these things coupled with all the sounds that have been heard have to do with a pole shift? It makes sense to me that if these animals internal electro-magnetic compasses are going haywire that would lead to all the crazy animal deaths.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've actually only been following the story of these sounds very loosely, but I came across the article and knew that loads of folk here on ATS would love to be offered at least one seemingly official explanation.

Personally, even if the sounds can be described scientifically and rationally, I don't see why that precludes their belonging to the realms of spiritual/supernatural. If a higher being were to sound "the trumpets of Armageddon", it's not like a large humanoid is going to float down from the sky and blow on a colossal brass instrument. 'God' (whether and whatever you believe it is) would operate within the natural order of things and these sounds, whilst being scientific, could still be a precursor to something huge.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Nice find, and very interesting!

I wonder, is this the same Khalilov....?

International Station for the Forecasting of Earthquakes ATROPATENA

On August 03, 2009 the Global Network for the Forecasting of Earthquakes, built on a principally new technology, started functioning at full scale. Three automatic digital “ATROPATENA” earthquake prediction stations established in Baku (Azerbaijan), Islamabad (Pakistan) and Yogyakarta (Indonesia) are combined into a global network and continuously transmit information regarding unusual gravitational precursors of earthquakes to the central database in the USA. Based on all that data, the Global Network allows predicting earthquakes all over the Eastern Hemisphere with a 90% probability. The author of the new technology, Vice President of the International Academy of Science H&E, General Director of Global Network for the Forecasting of Earthquakes, a well-known scientist and Academician, Professor Elchin Khalilov has provided some detail on the new technology. seismonet.org...

seismonet.org...

This is at least the second "expert" scientist that has gone on the record, both of them
having different opinions in a way, yet similar, as they both say that this is not something
ordinary, that humans can hear this.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"hey are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular."

I am inclined to give this possible explanation more than a passing glance. Very interesting indeed. On the other hand, the above referenced quote seems to point to another tinfoil hat answer and/or a combination of the two.... what man-made 'thing' also happens to 'mess' with the atmosphere/ionosphere??? Anybody??? Don't make me say it....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Something i want to throw out as a possibility is what if, just what if, the oil contained inside the earth is some sort of lubricant and like the squeeky wheel that gets the oil, we, by taking the oil out, are causing the earth's atmospheric sounds. Just thinking outside the box.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Something i want to throw out as a possibility is what if, just what if, the oil contained inside the earth is some sort of lubricant and like the squeeky wheel that gets the oil, we, by taking the oil out, are causing the earth's atmospheric sounds. Just thinking outside the box.
That is exactly why I dump all my used motor oil in a deep hole in my back yard!
Call me a visionary, a friend of our earth, just doing my little part!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is exactly what I first though: some type of natural phenomena occurring in the atmosphere. But I agree that they shouldn't be as loud and constant as has been observed. I put forward my honest opinion that I believe HAARP could be involved, or a similar entity, possibly even military.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the attempt to weaponize the atmosphere to create earthquakes, etc. I never really bought into those theories, but this definitely could be related to those organizations "researching" emitting waves into the sky.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join