It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds in Sky Explained by Scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Mr. Khalilov, what is the nature of the unusual very low-pitched sounds reported by a great number of people in different parts of the planet since the summer of 2011? Many call them “The Sound of the Apocalypse”. Information about that comes from all over the world: US, UK, Costa Rica, Russia, Czech Republic, Australia, etc.

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

More at the GeoChange Journal

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow.

So we know what can cause these sounds but still do not know what caused the sounds.

But this is also quite interesting

There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.

edit on 31-1-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Thumbs up on a rational possibility.

Investigate and eliminate all rational probabilities then, what's left over, even improbable becomes more likely.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

What do we know about this Mr. Khalilov who is he ?

its ok found him

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-1-2012 by judus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity

But hasn't the build up to the Solar Maxium been rather quiet, in fact I distinctly remember scientists saying that the sun might go into a sort of "sleep mode" in the coming years. To be honest I am skeptical of the article, it cites no studies into the 'sounds'.

Although it is nice to see an explaination other than Aliens etc...

Also the video on the article has been debunked.

ALS
edit on 31-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov knows his stuff.

He also goes on to say in the report that we should expect by the end of 2012 a sharp rise in strong earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and extreme weather events with peak levels in 2013 - 2014.

great

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Even if this was credible,

Its only a theory! Its been at least 5-6 months of sporadic recordings, some seemingly genuine - and we still don't really know the cause??

I find this interesting, and it probably will eventually prove to be astronomical phenomenon,

But ain't it fun to let your imagination run wild

Keep trying to record these sounds, a member in Norfolk, UK would not even try earlier...... not going to get far with that attitude (whether it picks up the sound or not, its still helpful to have a recording).

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
One thing which I'm not sure I'm getting about this theory on the sounds, if it is a natural phenomina, and something which can be casued by quakes and volcanos and other earthly/athmospheric phenomina, then why is it only fairly recently being recorded? Surely if this is the casue as presented, then we'd have been recording these sounds for aslong as we've been able to, or they'd be no mystery, and we'd have had a definitive answer long ago.

Not buying it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity

But hasn't the build up to the Solar Maxium been rather quiet, in fact I distinctly remember scientists saying that the sun might go into a sort of "sleep mode" in the coming years. To be honest I am skeptical of the article, it cites no studies into the 'sounds'.

Although it is nice to see an explaination other than Aliens etc...

Also the video on the article has been debunked.

ALS
edit on 31-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Is it possible that the spheres are weakening? Thus meaning, that weaker waves are able to cause these effect.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hell, I vote its a combination of everything !

We know the earth isn't static, internally as well as externally.

We know we get bombarded by solar flares.

We know earth is volatile, and is active by way of volcanic, and seismic activity.

Put it together and what do you get ?

No, apart from a mess!

Noise energy, well sound energy, I guess sooner or later it was going to get loud enough to become audible.

What would be really interesting in relation to solar activitym is to see if there is any historic evidence, from past solar cycles, as to there being similar reports of noise, most notably to check the more anomolous (is that even a word ?) cycles.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Maybe it's the sound of the earth in the process of a magnetic pole shift?

Thanks for the article.

It's good to know that someone is at least looking into it...

F&S

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Finally. A rational explanation.

Of course it doesn't make me feel any better the huge uptick of people experiencing this. That can't be good.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Maybe they will do an actual study instead of conjecture on all parts. I don't believe any of the sounds of "trumpets" to be true. I do believe the sounds like the one I heard are more in line with what he is saying. The issue I have is that I can only go by what I have personal experience in and I have never had any education pertaining to Earth or solar sciences. Would love a visual to go with the explanation in order to better give me an idea of how this works.

Thanks for the link! S&F.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Even if we don't know the absolute answer, we have at least leaned that earthly events can cause these gravity waves that we are hearing parts of.But also noticed that is not whats causing our current noises experiences..
Intersting
Thnx for the post
F&S
edit on 31-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Strange Sounds in Sky Explained by Scientists

It is often more than a little curious that our so-called mainstream science spends so much time attempting to explain things they generally show no interest in to begin with. Like religion of old, when the Earth was at the center of the universe, there had to be an answer for every question... a reply to every mystery so that the church maintained it illusory mastery of humanity.

This isn't to say that in this case that the scientific explanation is wrong... but it is one more example of the above defined behavior. Another recent story in the news tells of scientists in Italy possibly being held accountable for their mistaken earthquake predictions. Instead of simply admitting that they didn't have all the answers, they took a shot in the dark, called it science and now find that there is a cost.

Science may one day lead humanity into a new golden age. But for now? It's still a crapshoot.
edit on 31-1-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Suddenly all of these "new agers" don't seem so crazy hu?
All this talk about "earths energy" and how it is "shifting".

We along with our planet may be beginning to vibrate at an increased ocillation after all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Screw the explanation, I for one am simply happy to know that when I was hearing these sounds in the fall, I wasn't losing my mind!! Mind you, I haven't heard it since late October, but still...it was so distinct....just glad someone is acknowledging their existence!

As for this particular explanation, he threw in everything AND the kitchen sink! Earthquakes, magnetic field, cosmos, Earth's core, volcanoes....he certainly didn't leave anything out. The problem I have is that to date, no connections have been made between the sound and any coming event.

Here's a skunk works thought: you know all that "reaching a higher frequency" Mayan stuff (they never said the world would end), I wonder if this is part of it? The article says there are more wavelengths that are out of human hearing range, and some people certainly hear this noise and others don't at all (my spouse in the same house hasn't), animals would have the capability better than us....perhaps all the falling birds, beached whales, and stranded dolphins is confusion over this sound? If it comes from below, ocean animals would be more sensitive. From above? Birds would respond. And since the saying is that as above, so below....I wonder if this is a connection there? First birds fall, then fish die? Not sure of the timeline. May have to look to see if there is a balance there.

As for the "precursor" to a pole shift as mentioned above, it doesn't really work that way. Keep in mind, for an actual pole shift, the Earth would have to stop rotating and then begin to rotate in the other direction. This should be able to be monitored simply by tracking the Earth's spin...of which has not changed that I am aware of. If daylight or night suddenly become much longer and no longer equate to 24 hour periods, then we can move forward with the pole shift theory.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Keep in mind, for an actual pole shift, the Earth would have to stop rotating and then begin to rotate in the other direction. .

You are WAAAAY off base here.
I do not have the time to show you how right now.
Someone else will though.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
One thing which I'm not sure I'm getting about this theory on the sounds, if it is a natural phenomina, and something which can be casued by quakes and volcanos and other earthly/athmospheric phenomina, then why is it only fairly recently being recorded? Surely if this is the casue as presented, then we'd have been recording these sounds for aslong as we've been able to, or they'd be no mystery, and we'd have had a definitive answer long ago.

Not buying it.

Actually people heard it in 1893 in Yellowstone.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There was a time when i would have bet something that a "scientist from Azerbaijan" talking about "audible gravitation waves" is nothing more than an April fools...but i guess i am wrong...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join