It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I spoke to a dead celebrity in a dream last night.

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I had a very strange, but lucid dream last night and a fully fledged conversation with a very famous singer who recently passed on. I won’t name her, but will add the initials AW.

It was a family gathering and I was watching my family sing and dance and I went to a darker corner of the hall and sat next to AW and starting talking to her. She was telling me about chat show hosts she liked and I was asking her this and that. She seemed relaxed and happy; very much together.

I looked at her and in a very lucid way I thought ‘oh, that’s AW and she’s dead. Who will believe I have talked with her’. I wasn’t the least bit scared and it seemed normal. She was having a grand time as well.

When I woke up, that’s when I freaked a bit. I may ask to speak to her again tonight and ask for some details of the future, or is that tacky if it’s actually her?




posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If you can repeat your dreams, return to the same odd places - or "resume" your dreams. I can *sometimes*, then sure, why not?



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I can if i make some effort and have a need to do it. i simply write down or repeat as i drift off ' i want to speak to AW again tonight'.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Any specific reason you don't want to say her name? It's quite obvious who it is...



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Celebrity

To see a celebrity in your dream represents your beliefs and understanding about him or her. Consider what the celebrity is famous or known for and how you relate to that quality. Something in you waking life has triggered these similar beliefs and feelings. It is not uncommon that your obsession with a certain celebrity may carry over onto your dream world. Celebrities are often seen as heroes and all that is mighty. Also consider any puns within the name.

To dream that you are good friends with a celebrity represents your idealized version of someone you know in your life. Perhaps you hope that a real-life friend can act more like a particular celebrity. Consider the qualities that you see in this celebrity and how you want your friends to have those qualities. Alternatively, the dream may be trying to compensate for your own lack of self-confidence. You want to escape from your own reality and live the high life. You want to fit in.

Singer

To see a famous singer in your dream represents a divine influence. It indicates harmony and glorification of the human spirit. Consider also your general impression of this singer and how those specific qualities may be triggered by someone or some situation in your waking life.

Ghost

To see your own ghost in your dream symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. Or you may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghosts wants or what it is looking for. The dream may also be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

To dream that you reach out to touch a ghost, but it disappears indicates that you are taking steps to acknowledging some painful or repressed thoughts even though you are not ready to fully confront them.

To see the ghost of a living relative or friend in your dream signifies that you are in danger of malice acts by that person.

To see the ghost of a dead friend/relative in your dream suggests guilt and regrets concerning the past relationships with that particular person.

www.dreammoods.com...

Dreams are not real they are unfulfilled desires, even lucid dreams, the amount of control, or seemingly 'real feelings' of the dream does not dictate the actual reality of it.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Any specific reason you don't want to say her name? It's quite obvious who it is...



It might upset family if they found this.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by abominatonofdesolation
Celebrity

To see a celebrity in your dream represents your beliefs and understanding about him or her. Consider what the celebrity is famous or known for and how you relate to that quality. Something in you waking life has triggered these similar beliefs and feelings. It is not uncommon that your obsession with a certain celebrity may carry over onto your dream world. Celebrities are often seen as heroes and all that is mighty. Also consider any puns within the name.

To dream that you are good friends with a celebrity represents your idealized version of someone you know in your life. Perhaps you hope that a real-life friend can act more like a particular celebrity. Consider the qualities that you see in this celebrity and how you want your friends to have those qualities. Alternatively, the dream may be trying to compensate for your own lack of self-confidence. You want to escape from your own reality and live the high life. You want to fit in.

Singer

To see a famous singer in your dream represents a divine influence. It indicates harmony and glorification of the human spirit. Consider also your general impression of this singer and how those specific qualities may be triggered by someone or some situation in your waking life.

Ghost

To see your own ghost in your dream symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. Or you may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghosts wants or what it is looking for. The dream may also be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

To dream that you reach out to touch a ghost, but it disappears indicates that you are taking steps to acknowledging some painful or repressed thoughts even though you are not ready to fully confront them.

To see the ghost of a living relative or friend in your dream signifies that you are in danger of malice acts by that person.

To see the ghost of a dead friend/relative in your dream suggests guilt and regrets concerning the past relationships with that particular person.

www.dreammoods.com...

Dreams are not real they are unfulfilled desires, even lucid dreams, the amount of control, or seemingly 'real feelings' of the dream does not dictate the actual reality of it.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)




I appreciate your materialist POV.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm no materialist, just a rationalist firmly in reality. I've had dreams as such myself some a lot weirder if I'm honest, but did I for a minute think they where real? Maybe a few minutes but not for long.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think it's a bit sad to be dreaming about 'celebrities'. No really I do! IMO it reveals a more about someones mindset than anything else. Celebrity fixation is just part of today's obsession with junk culture.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
I think it's a bit sad to be dreaming about 'celebrities'. No really I do! IMO it reveals a more about someones mindset than anything else. Celebrity fixation is just part of today's obsession with junk culture.



I appreciate that you are not attempting to troll me with your reply. I have always felt sorry for the way this young woman died so young, so that may be why I had the dream. Whether it was genuine communication or not, perhaps someone with more knowledge on this could reply?



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I can if i make some effort and have a need to do it. i simply write down or repeat as i drift off ' i want to speak to AW again tonight'.

I believe that you can do it - because I can. If I mutter a place or person's name before bed, or directly say outloud, I want to dream this, or about so and such, then half of the time I actually do, however it works. I have occupied dream space consisting of locations I know, half and half, the other half my mind has created, and I have resumed the same dream of the same location even though there was a full two year gap from the first in one case.

Dreams are weird, but I don't know if I believe that they mean anything. The mind sure does a lot to protect us from our dreams when we awaken, though, but how the subconscious accounts for so much details while unaware of it is what gets me.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You should read a book by Dale E Graff called Tracks in the Psychic Wilderness: An Exploration of Remote Viewing, ESP, Precognitive Dreaming and Synchronicity.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids
 


There was a time I was very busy with learning classical stuff on accoustic guitar and one night I dreamed that I was in a room with a long haired guy which looked like Randy Rhodes. I do not recall he ever tutored me or said anything to me but the overall feel about the experiance was good. May he rest in peace...




posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation
 


Might I ask what you consider reality, our 3rd dimension? This dimention of material and tangible matter is an illusion to actually help us learn and strive past this 3d reality and search for a deeper level of conscience and desires. We all shall ascend on a different higher level of consciousness.

Having myself gone to this "dream place" which is actually subconsciousness and you say it is not to be taken literally but what can really be asserted to be literal reality. There is something way deeper to our conscience and meaning in life as we are here to learn but in order to do so we must open our mind question authority and "common knowledge" nothing is absolute, everything is relative.

RIP Amy
Peace and much Love, spread to all



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Any specific reason you don't want to say her name? It's quite obvious who it is...



It might upset family if they found this.


If others can figure it out wont the family be able to figure it out as well? seeing as how they were the closest to her even over her fans??

just a thought.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by mandroids
 


There was a time I was very busy with learning classical stuff on accoustic guitar and one night I dreamed that I was in a room with a long haired guy which looked like Randy Rhodes. I do not recall he ever tutored me or said anything to me but the overall feel about the experiance was good. May he rest in peace...




A true genius. Dee...



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation
 


Might I ask what you consider reality, our 3rd dimension? This dimention of material and tangible matter is an illusion to actually help us learn and strive past this 3d reality and search for a deeper level of conscience and desires. We all shall ascend on a different higher level of consciousness.

Having myself gone to this "dream place" which is actually subconsciousness and you say it is not to be taken literally but what can really be asserted to be literal reality. There is something way deeper to our conscience and meaning in life as we are here to learn but in order to do so we must open our mind question authority and "common knowledge" nothing is absolute, everything is relative.



Yes, if it feels real, then why cant i consider it to be real. any links?
RIP Amy
Peace and much Love, spread to all



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2
 


Yes, that is reality, in 'this wave of conciousness,' as you'd probably put it, you can talk to somebody or do something with somebody, and say remember when we talked about this, or done this. If you where to have a lucid dream and the person involved in this lucid dream also had a lucid dream with you involved in it, you probably wouldn't ever do the same thing in the dream if you asked that person. That's because its not real its a window into your soul. I too have had lucid dreams and also an OBE but was that real? In a sense yes, it was a real experience. but did it actually happen, only in my mind, and yes it can be taken literally in a symbolic way although that is a paradox. The message of dreams is a cryptic message about desires.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Any specific reason you don't want to say her name? It's quite obvious who it is...



It might upset family if they found this.


Don't worry, her dad especially has been milking her unwarranted fame for years when she was alive and even while now she's dead so it's ok.

If I dreamt of a conversation with Amy Winehouse, I'd consider it a nightmare. The woman was clueless. Did anyone see her on Never Mind The Buzzcocks before she got famous? Damn, what a moron.
edit on 31/1/2012 by curious7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok, so it's Amy Winehouse.....

Interesting that you think this miht hurt her family.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join