It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual huge ice blocks in Ural river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am a little confused about what this is all about,see what you can make of it

www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org...
Translated: Unbelievable but true – superhuman size lumps found in the Ural River by local residents. Eyewitnesses say that this is nothing more than tricks of the aliens. How else to explain that the huge blocks of ice, as children’s toys are scattered within a radius of 20 meters

www.youtube.com...#!

Ural riveren.wikipedia.org...

ask.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-1-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Video doesn't work.

Tricks by the aliens ?

Immature aren't they !!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
OK I googled this because I thought it must be a bad translation
I guess it is not a bad translation because the whole first page of google came back with UFO stuff!!

I don't know what to say, but I don't think aliens traveled hundreds of light years to come make gigantic ice blocks and toss them around the Ural River!!

I think it may be blocks of ice from an ice hotel. One of the articles I came a cross mentioned there was one near there that was built in 2010.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I dont get it its just some ice what's the big deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
OK I googled this because I thought it must be a bad translation
I guess it is not a bad translation because the whole first page of google came back with UFO stuff!!

I don't know what to say, but I don't think aliens traveled hundreds of light years to come make gigantic ice blocks and toss them around the Ural River!!

I think it may be blocks of ice from an ice hotel. One of the articles I came a cross mentioned there was one near there that was built in 2010.

Well I am sure that if aliens were involved, the purpose of their visit was not to displace huge chunks of ice in a remote Russian lake, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen as a result of something they were ACTUALLY doing. I have little idea what this is about, I believe just as much that it could be aliens as it could be a natural event, it's just that I can't stand when people try to rule out possibilities with stupid statements like above. No offence, denying ignornance.

Also what on earth is an ice hotel? lol

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A river has frozen on it's surface while it continues to flow underneath the ice,the surface has thawed enough for it to start to break up and leave naturally formed ice cubes,no alien technology involved but I'm sure someone will try and blame it on chemtrails

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

An ice hotel is a hotel made of ice, there are a couple in Sweeden, Norway, Canada and Russia, pretty much where ever it is cold. Usually they are rebuilt every year but this could be blocks from one of the ones they had in Russia and they finally made their way down into the Ural River.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The translation is confusing ,but it seems to have made the news and confused locals as well ,so maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.
From another source, also suggesting that it came from the ice hotel
www.examiner.com...

Also came across this during search

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The video is saying that there was talk of a ship (Alien UFO) crashing through the ice and that tossed huge chunks of ice 20 meters through the air like children's toys --- more or less

edit on 31-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

We have them in Finland too. I'm going to one - again - next month. Not too happy about it. Too cold out to sleep on ice. I, well, my body anyway can do that when I'm dead. O___O

Some people have really bad ideas.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't know if its connected to the ice blocks but this is also being reported .

Also in Uralsk, rumours of a crashed object in the vicinity has residents buzzing with an explanation of the dumped ice. Many witness's have come forward who had seen a burning object crash not far from the ural river. A full investigation is underway.
alien-ufo-updates.blogspot.com...

Could a Meteor strike cause what is being reported on the river ?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I would imagine somewhere in Siberia Russia there are glaciers near the river, and they tend to break and fall in water, sometimes in nice clean chunks. Imagine, Ice In Siberian Russia!

Of course this video is from Argentina, I believe there are glaciers in Russia too, likely more. Also the upper Ural river traverses the Russian swamp permafrost region of central Russia, which is why it is so difficult for railroad infrastructure in these areas of Russia that consists of land(s) in perpetual motion.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I thought I would bring to people's attention too that these folks in the clip there have probably lived in the Urals for quite a while. They live pretty close to nature still in those parts. I think they might be clued up on the ways of nature so for them to make a claim as extraordinary as this might just warrant more consideration and less snide, derogatory, and condescending comments from you folk who are unlikely to have ever even seen life on that side.

It could be that they are actors creating some sensationalism, but you know...I think they might just be the real deal. If they aren't on the level, fair enough. If they are though, take a closer look and give them some respect.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

If Aliens haven't mastered ice making they are not threat to us....
However they have managed to remain unseen (mostly)..Doesn't add up..Sorry

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

LMAO Nice safe world you live in, isn't it? Everything is just cut and dried. "Sorry, doesn't add up!"

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I thought I would bring to people's attention too that these folks in the clip there have probably lived in the Urals for quite a while. They live pretty close to nature still in those parts. I think they might be clued up on the ways of nature so for them to make a claim as extraordinary as this might just warrant more consideration and less snide, derogatory, and condescending comments from you folk who are unlikely to have ever even seen life on that side.

There you go
Seems 'something' crashed be it a UFO, space debris or meteorite as Gortex found an article on that caused huge chunks of ice to be tossed around.

But I guess people would rather make jokes about aliens making ice cubes than actually try to find out what happened

:shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom
reply to post by 12voltz

If Aliens haven't mastered ice making they are not threat to us....
However they have managed to remain unseen (mostly)..Doesn't add up..Sorry

dont apologise ,just try looking at it from a different angle.The locals know more about this than any of us ever will,so their knowledge over rides any words on a forum.
"this place is dull" could be taken to mean they are bored and want attention or that these ice blocks are not normal

new topics

top topics

join