It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Room 237 Explores Hidden Meanings in The Shining (Moon)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Shining is an allegory for the plight of Native Americans. No. Wait. It’s a prism through which Stanley Kubrick examines the Holocaust. Or maybe it’s his confession to helping the government fake the moon landing. It could be all of those things. Or none of them. And here you thought it was just a horror movie about a guy who goes nuts in a spooky old hotel.

Whatever it is, it has been explored in a new doco. Apparently this film may be code for what really happened during Kubrick's faking of the moon landings?

I have not seen the film but, I'm just throwing this one up for die hard fans of this conspiracy.

www.wired.com...

Out at your local cinema now!...............not.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
conspiracy is fast becoming mainstream.

some folks have noticed its a great untapped money maker.

seen this story all over the place in the last week or two.

some of the stories on kubrick are very interesting but some people are getting a little carried away.

story is covered here too with a lot of links to other kubrick stories if your interested.
spooool.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Considering The Shining was written by Stephen King and Kubrick only directed the movie adaptation I can't really see this holding much water to be honest.

I'm pretty sure the hotel and room were based on spooky experiences Stephen King had whilst staying at a hotel.

Had a read on the breakdown of Room 237, just sounds like wild speculation to be honest.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

i think the story is only secondary to kubrick.

king actually came out and said he was not happy with the film of the shinning.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Having read the book and seen the movie, I know that Kubrick definitely put his mark on the film aside from the book. I'd have to brush up on it before I gave specifics though. I was about 10 the last time I read it.

Great find, thanks. There is also a thread on here about 2000 A Space Odyssey and alchemy that I find pretty mind blowing.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

This is utter rubbish:

Apparently this film may be code for what really happened during Kubrick's faking of the moon landings?

Long, long ago shown to be absurd.....and yet gullible people still toss it out now and then.

It began with an idiot named Jay Wiedner. Amazing how some on the Internet will believe one lunatic like Wiedner, but disregard the roughly 400,000 people who worked at NASA, and the various contractors, during Apollo.

I have not seen the film but....

Oh, that's just 'brilliant'.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you guys want to check out some really amazing Kubrick analysis check out collativelearning.com...

Rob Ager is amazing. He will blow your mind guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Considering The Shining was written by Stephen King and Kubrick only directed the movie adaptation I can't really see this holding much water to be honest.

I'm pretty sure the hotel and room were based on spooky experiences Stephen King had whilst staying at a hotel.

Had a read on the breakdown of Room 237, just sounds like wild speculation to be honest.

Actually, Kubrick changed many things about the script for movie adaption, one of them being the room number.

mw

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Just the jumped up response I expected from you. Shoot and ask questions later.

I have not seen the film as yet as It has not been released? Is that such a big deal?

I have not seen the film but, I'm just throwing this one up for die hard fans of this conspiracy.

Yeah, nice cut and paste job ProudBird? You forgot the rest.

Did I say this is what I believe? Did I ram it down you throat ProudBird? No.

After all this is a conspiracy website is it not? And after 2544 posts since 3/10/11 seems you too have a lot to say?

edit on 31-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: Fed up

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I love Stanley Kubrick. He is in my book, the best *film* director. However he did not direct the moon landings. For an interesting take (my own) on this please ATS Search for Kubrick-A-Brak parts one and two. You might have fun. Or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Shining is Kubrick's way of revealing his contract with the US Govt to film the Apollo footage. Remember, the film technology at that time was cutting edge and it takes years sometimes to become fully aware of reality (see 9/11).

I grew up believing the Apollo missions were real and I wouldn't doubt we've been to the moon if shown proof. But knowing what we know about the psyops programs of the 50s and 60s, and then looking through the lens of a man trapped in a contract he can't get out of, and you see his artistry emerge as he hands you the metaphor so you can understand. He hijacks King's book and adapts it to fit his message. Call it a conspiracy but you have to allow the present day geniuses the ability to trump the understanding of the masses. Otherwise you might as well start burning witches again.

Try and find the full version of "Kubrick's Odyssey, Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick". It's been discussed a bit on ATS for sure.

If you can get to a point where you see this reality, then you have to look at the present reality through the same lens--knowing what you know--and understanding that cutting edge technology is meant to be ultra-realistic to the point of fooling the masses.

I showed some kids the film. Here's a generation that grew up on cutting edge technology & computing. First thing out of their mouths after watching, "That's totally fake". The children see what adults cannot.
edit on 2-2-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I saw this South Park episode yesterday where they wrote the most disgusting and vile, but also best book of all times. The episode where everyone pukes once they start reading the book but then rave about how great it is

Everyone who read the book interpreted it as having some profound meaning for whatever specific cause, eg. the conservatives, liberals, pro-life, pro-abortion etc...everyone thought there is hidden meaning confirming their stance.

In truth, it was just a book written by Cartman and his friends with as much disgusting stuff in it as possible and it didn't have any meaning at all

And this is my view on it: While there is real and awful stuff going on in the world right now, people wasting time with silly and pointless conspiracy theories...
edit on 2-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good episode. I think it's more about wanting to understand the world you live in, knowing that others are trying to shape the way you look at it. From religion to politics to conspiracy theories--people engage in the drama of it all rather than question the whole mess and wonder if maybe there's a better way. The search for self involves breaking down so many sacred cows that by the time you become aware, everything is in question--and for good reason.

ATS wouldn't exist if everything were jake.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

I can see right through Kubrick's special effects in 2001 and The Shining. I can not see through the vast amounts of documentary evidence that the Apollo missions returned.

Like I've said before, if Kubrick faked the moon landings than he should have received the Nobel Prize in Astrophysics and Planetary Science.

We are so desperate to be in "the know", that we refuse to understand the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
2001 and Apollo - same effects.

In the end people will believe what they believe. Humans are belief machines if anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

No they are not. Watch 2001 on Blu Ray and compare to the Blu Ray of "For All Mankind." There is a HUGE difference in image detail.

I can see the paint on the Discovery, I can see the moving star backgrounds when the Orion moves through space towards the moon, (something that does not happen in real life), I can even see the chunky light source behind the windows of Space Station V.

I can not see the wires on Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15,16, and 17. I can not see any soundstages as Apollo 17's LRV drove over miles of the lunar surface, and I can not see the rear/front projection artifacts that many claim to exist.

I know these things.

edit on 2/2/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just watched this movie this last weekend!

Wow! How crazy! So in addition to looking at scenes and analyzing them they did this crazy thing where they played the movie backwards while super-imposing the movie forwards! There are symbolic images that you do not get any other way!

The other things they noticed is the spatial relations in the hotel. They drew out the path Danny takes on his Big Wheel and impose a floor map of the hotel pointing out which ones are passed in other scenes, which one Jack enters, etc. Which is very interesting.

The moon landing is more of an aside than an actual point of the documentary. It was one (of several) to explain why Kubrick made specific points he made in The Shining by lingering on an object here, letting a scene continue, etc. It was a drive-by comment, "Maybe it is because of this?" then on to the next one. One would have to know about the CT of Kubrick's supposed involvement in creating fake footage to even get excited about.

Glad I bought this movie because it needs another viewing!

S+F

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
you would think somebody would have spilled the beans with a death bed confession by now. logic dictates the "filmed in a hollywood basement" idea is just silly

spare me the "they threatened to kill everybodies family and expose their pedophilai" nonsense

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

So odd that you resurrected this thread, just now. I was thinking of it about ten minutes ago while watching 'Minions' with my toddler. I could seriously write an entire thread on the 'Illuminati' symbolism in the Minion movies.

Anyhow, I happened to notice that the carpet from The Shining appears in the Minion movie, too (or at least the pattern):

I had just made a mental note of it before I looked over and saw this thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join