It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Doctors, Scientists Claim Illegal Surveillance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

FDA Doctors, Scientists Claim Illegal Surveillance

www.reuters.com

The Food and Drug Administration secretly monitored the private emails of staff doctors and scientists who alleged the agency was approving medical devices that posed a danger to patients, according to federal court documents.

In a lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Washington, six current and former FDA employees also claim the agency sought to repress warnings about potential corruption in device reviews by retaliating against whistleblowers who passed information to Congress
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
Related News Links:
s3.documentcloud.org...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Scientists And Scientific Freedom Under Attack
edit on 31-1-2012 by burntheships because: format

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What follows includes a letter to The President: (excerpt)

We are asking for your immediate intervention. We are confident that you will follow
throughon your promises to protect "government employees committed to public integrity
and willing to speak out" because you have stated that "such acts of courage and patriotism
which can sometimes save lives and often save taxdollars should be encouraged rather
than stifled" in order to "empower federal employees as watchdogs and partners in performance"

This is the change that America so desperatly seeks and has rightfully brought you to power

Brought to light in this lawsuit, allegations that the FDA is hand in hand complicit with Washington D.C.
in supressing true scientific findings and research...and is now front page news!

These are extremely serious allegations, backed up with documents,
letters to The President, and court filings.

This has been going on for years, since 2009
only now are we made aware with this lawsuit against the FDA.

The Honorable Barack H. Obama
President of the United States
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

We, physicians and scientists of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), wrote to
Mr. Podesta and Members of Congress in a letter dated January 7, 2009.1 We informed
Mr. Podesta that FDA is fundamentally broken and that there is an atmosphere at FDA in
which the honest employee fears the dishonest employee and where honest employees
committed to integrity and the FDA mission cannot act without fear of reprisaL. We
recommended that you remove and hold accountable all managers who have ordered,
participated in, fostered or tolerated the well-documented corruption, wrongdoing and
retaliation at the Agency.
s3.documentcloud.org...

Other serious accusations from previous whistleblowers have been that the FDA
is hand in hand with Big Pharma drug research, other alphabet agencies such as
the CDC involving recent Influenza outbreaks and reccomended vaccines...
not to mention the handpicked research that has allowed the USDA to approve
GMO products farmed, and sold without labeling in the U.S!

After FDA employees aired their concerns to the incoming Obama administration in January 2009, the agency began intercepting the emails they sent to congressional staff via government computers, using private Google and Yahoo email accounts, the documents allege.

The FDA also used spyware to capture electronic snapshots of staff computer screens, which the lawsuit says allowed the agency to obtain privately stored whistleblower reports and identify others involved in whistleblower activities.

The accusations are that the Illegal survelliance led to subsequent intimidation going as far as unsuccessful alleged criminal wrongdoing on the part of the whistleblowers.

Selected e-mails and memos were compiled by Kohn, Kohn and Colapinto, the law firm representing the whistleblowers, on behalf of the National Whistleblower Center as part of the lawsuit. www.washingtonpost.com...

We often hear it said "well if it was so harmful why did the FDA approve it".
And...the experts said...

Well, take a look at these whistleblowers when the news hits,
write the names down watch for thier safety!

They are heros now. Let them know you know.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is just the beginning folks! This is going to be a good year for the TRUTH
This is the TRUTH
There will be more truth to be revealed as the year progresses. some people don't believe in the 2012 phenomena, but there is something that rings true

We are in for great changes, The status quo will no longer be. We will finally break the shackles of slavery that have kept our species from prospering on the highest levels. No more oligarchy!

I sure hope anyways, Good for these doctors! This should have a ripple effect, it will make more people come out and say stuff, things have a tendency to unravel in such a way.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Good for these doctors!

May they have an army of unseen gaurdians, I say they are going to need them.
They are brave and very courageous men and women.

The more this is made known, the safer they are.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm almost afraid to hope...

... so much insanity going on. Thank you for this brief ray of light!

I am fast growing too jaded and cynical watching the growing fascism in our nation.

Board member one day, Senator, FDA leader, or Supreme Court judge the next... and retiring as a multimillion dollar consultant to these mega-corporations the day after... that's todays reality where corporations control our government, write thier own laws to "over-see" them, and we are but cattle in their production line.

Ty for showing this ray of hope.
edit on 31-1-2012 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes, all that you say is so true. I am just a small messenger,
these men and women that have risked thier lives are the heros!

Absolute heros, I hope with everything they are brought out to safety,
everyone needs to know this, I intend to email this to the ends of the earth!

May they win, and win for the people!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm shocked to find out the FDA has people that brave, honorable and good in it. I thought those sorts of people got weeded out of government agencies before I was born. I hate to sound so cynical but knowing this has been a government of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations for so long now it is hard not to be cynical. I guess there are medical professionals out there who hold their positions as an honorable calling and still act as such.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Keep up the optimistic outlook! I really hope it to be true. Maybe this year, or maybe in 50 years, but they WILL lose their grip on humanity. Humanity will always be there to climb back up the ladder, while the elites have only one chance. Once they fail, it's over.

Let's hope people are paying attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
This is just the beginning folks! This is going to be a good year for the TRUTH
This is the TRUTH
There will be more truth to be revealed as the year progresses. some people don't believe in the 2012 phenomena, but there is something that rings true

We are in for great changes, The status quo will no longer be. We will finally break the shackles of slavery that have kept our species from prospering on the highest levels. No more oligarchy!

I sure hope anyways, Good for these doctors! This should have a ripple effect, it will make more people come out and say stuff, things have a tendency to unravel in such a way.

I agree about these truths. I also wouldn't put it past the government to use the "2012" end of the world/end of the world as we know it phenomenon (for lack of better word at this time) as a platform to make all these changes. That's what the people think so why not give it to them? It's like a self fulfilling prophecy...
edit on 31-1-2012 by DivineFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

What is science with out the truth? It would be just another job, a paycheck and a position. I am really
refreshed to learn that some people in the fields of medicine and science still have integrity.

It burns me up to read that after they sent the letter the The President, the real harrasment started.

I recall these words spoken by Obama "such acts of courage and patriotism
which can sometimes save lives and often save taxdollars should be encouraged rather
than stifled" in order to "empower federal employees as watchdogs and partners in performance"

I would like to see him stand by his words for once!

However, from the looks of this, honest scientists and doctors have been further harrassed
to the point of having to endure false charges!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just to be sure...this is the same government pushing all of this "see something, say something" Nazi garbage, correct? So, if I understand correctly, say something ...so long as it isn't anything negative about the government? Spy on your fellow citizens, but turn a blind eye to the egregious lawlessness of the government? OK, got it. Thanks Big Brother. You are always looking out for my best interests and I really appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hope people over there pay more attention to this. I just told some people and all they say is ''uh huh'' and go on talking about their daily business. It's strange how people don't care.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Just to be sure...this is the same government pushing all of this "see something, say something" Nazi garbage, correct?

Good point! Yeah, last I checked its the same. It sure smacks of Nazi garbage,
all of that see something say something is not really for the good of the people...
Its so we can have alphabet agencies like the TSA, NSA, etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Huge news
The only thing surprising is people whistleblowing

This is a real threat to national security, truer then anything else right now
but it will go unnoticed

How could completely care about their fellow humans?
Some who might be neighbours even, friends from high school now under medication, family etc.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Some who might be neighbours even, friends from high school now under medication, family etc.....

Thats another really important aspect of this tyranny. Why would The President igonore
the appeals of honest workers who are attempting to help people get the right medical care?

Why would the FDA take punitive action, i.e. trumped up charges, red herring lawsuits
towards the whistleblowers! What do they know that we dont...a second paycheck from
Big Pharma?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Thats another really important aspect of this tyranny. Why would The President igonore
the appeals of honest workers who are attempting to help people get the right medical care?

Because America is run by a corporate dictatorship, that is the way it has been for the last few decades. Profits first, humanity last.
unless you are at the top of the food chain.
I mean wealth chain.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Profits first, humanity last.

I'd say its pretty conclusive at this point, yes. I sure wish we could
turn that revolving door around, going the other way so it slapped them all in
the *** on the way out!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The FDA adopted "Bayesian Statistics" to approve medical devices.

That means no more clinical testing....data showing it's safe before approval. It means they'll ""look at the data as it comes in"""".......meaning they are approving EVERYTHING.......there no longer is a process to make sure things are safe before approved for use.

It's one of the Federal Governments tools in the tool box to generate lots of wealth fast. Who cares if it kills millions of Americans? Obama's bring in +1 million foreigners EVERY YEAR as new US citizens...more suckers want to come in.

You all are expendable. This has nothing to do with Congress, it's the PResident who ordered it, appointed the FDA heads who came up with this plan.

They are killing Americans to make money....under the perception of "healthcare". There was a Federal Trial to put a testosterone cream on old men.....it killed over half of the old men....so the Federal Trial was stopped.....But they're still giving that testosterone cream to old men (even Veterans Affairs)......run 'em to the grave fast & make money killing 'em. Saves Federal liability for SS/Medicare/Retirements....

Ain't much more humane than gas chambers.....Gas chambers may in fact have been more humane.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow, this could potentially be huge !

It could open an entire can of worms the FDA does not want. If this quietly gets swept under the rug, then it will just confirm what all of us "conspiracy theorists" have been saying all along.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

i always try to get generic drugs. if the med is still on the market long enough to be made in a generic form, than usually the med is safe.

I *never* let drs give me new meds that have just come out. they are usually more interested in kissing the big pharms azz than thinking about their patient. drs have gone from healing to prescribing.

when they put out a new med, they figure out how much "collateral damage" ie- dead/sick/damaged people they will be sued by. then they compare the amt they'll have to pay in lawsuits to what they'll make for profit. as long as they get their profits, they don't care about patients becoming "collateral damage" money, not people's welfare, is the bottom line in the medical industry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join