It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohenjo-Daro, Lost City of the Ancients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Tales abound all throughout history of the ancient city of Mohenjo Daro. Archeaologists have found minute traces of radiation and many of the walls and ruins of structures have had their stone blocks vitrified in some sort of cataclysm that fused the stone blocks together like magma. Some scientists say it would have taken a tremndous amount of heat equivalent of 3000+ degrees to fuse those blocks like that.

Ancient alien theorists toss around tales and theories of alien invaders dropping nukes on the city. We do not know for sure what happened, other than local lore and myths and legends. Perhaps an asteroid struck nearby at some point, or a volcanic eruption. We just do not know. I looked up the co-ordinates on google earth and they are 27.325313, 68.133055. You really cannot grasp how large that city was until youre looking down on it from above. Mohenjo Daro is easily 3-4 times the size of Babylon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Howdy Lonewolf

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Tales abound all throughout history of the ancient city of Mohenjo Daro. Archeaologists have found minute traces of radiation and many of the walls and ruins of structures have had their stone blocks vitrified in some sort of cataclysm that fused the stone blocks together like magma.

I would question that claim; most of MD is made of fired mud brick with mortar. Radiation? In parts of that region there are local areas with natural uranium deposits but could you link to a report that has radiation at the city site itself?

Some scientists say it would have taken a tremndous amount of heat equivalent of 3000+ degrees to fuse those blocks like that.

Like who? If you are gonna try the nuke theory that one was debunked decades ago...

Ancient alien theorists toss around tales and theories of alien invaders dropping nukes on the city. We do not know for sure what happened, other than local lore and myths and legends. Perhaps an asteroid struck nearby at some point, or a volcanic eruption. We just do not know. I looked up the co-ordinates on google earth and they are 27.325313, 68.133055. You really cannot grasp how large that city was until youre looking down on it from above. Mohenjo Daro is easily 3-4 times the size of Babylon.

MD was destroyed and rebuilt at least seven times. It is possible it's final abandonment was caused by the shifting of the Indus away from the city, without water the place and the agriculture died, another theory is that a few years of unseasonable flooding destroyed the agricultural base and the city was given up.
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

There's several ancient cities that have been converted partially to glass from what could only be a nuke. They all show up as hot-spots. If I was going to doubt anything about the story, it wouldn't be about it's destruction. The Hindu have a pretty good record of an ancient nuclear war.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There is no radioactivity in the sands in or around Mohen Jo Daro.
But,
The desert sands in close by Rajasthan State of India has naturally occurring radioactive sands.
Areas in Sikar District and Alwar District in Rajastan has naturally occurring deposits of radioactive materials - especially uranium : brannerite, torbernite, autunite and smattering of pitchbelnde has been found in copper deposits at Khandela, Kho-Dariba etc.

Moreover, certain areas in the Thar desert was used as The testing sites for Indian nuclear Bombs.

The "vitirfied" sand that most mentions of fringe news about Mohen jo Daro is actually remains of broken pottery which were made by broken pots that were often made by vitrifying sand in a kiln.

essentially, you are re-posting fringe/pseudo material, which can never be verified because its entirely false.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

essentially, you are re-posting fringe/pseudo material, which can never be verified because its entirely false.

Some fringe ideas are like the undead; they can never be killed...they just keep coming back again and again

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey, all i was doing was giving the coordinates in case someone wants to look at it from google earth satellite images, you folks can make up your own theories.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

There's several ancient cities that have been converted partially to glass from what could only be a nuke.

In fact, there exists not even one such city.

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

There's several ancient cities that have been converted partially to glass from what could only be a nuke.

Harte

Very true I missed that claim - of course there are some mysterious forts

Vitrified forts

..but I don't actually believes people (or aliens, lol) were popping nukes on the British isles back then

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Harte

Very true I missed that claim - of course there are some mysterious forts

Vitrified forts

..but I don't actually believes people (or aliens, lol) were popping nukes on the British isles back then

Of course not.

Everyone knows it was laser beams (or lazer beans.)

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Of course not.

Everyone knows it was laser beams (or lazer beans.)

Harte

I see that you have unceremoniously rejected the much better mark II Vectron ray- the premium choice of the really smart alien who take a day off from the hard work of exploring the universe to cook up the odd human fort
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing bud! Well, I don't really mean thanks for sharing... Um, maybe there should've been a comma in there somewhere. Anyway, I never knew of this city! Thanks! I love ancient cities.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As I was reading the first few sentences of this I was thinking the alien nuke theory in my head before I even got to the part where it described it! I personally find it more likely though that rather than dropping nukes on us, we received the technology for nukes from the aliens, and when the people of mohenjo destroyed themselves with the nukes, the technological secrets were lost until Einstein came around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by genghisKAHNSPIRACY

No offence meant.

It is your personal belief that you jsut wrote up there. But it is not the actual truth.
Just like you, millions ghave their own personal beliefs. but all those million beliefs do not make a whole truth.
truth is verifiable. belief is not. thats the difference.

Saying that, i should add...

Some like dainken, sitchin, hancock, childress do not have a personal belief, but they have a personal mantra to make some moolah (sitchin had, may god show mercy on his soul)..they dont have any concrete belief. when they put their distorted beliefs into paper, they modify existing facts and data to provide support to their distorted beliefs.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
reply to post by genghisKAHNSPIRACY

No offence meant.

It is your personal belief that you jsut wrote up there. But it is not the actual truth.
Just like you, millions ghave their own personal beliefs. but all those million beliefs do not make a whole truth.
truth is verifiable. belief is not. thats the difference.

Saying that, i should add...

Some like dainken, sitchin, hancock, childress do not have a personal belief, but they have a personal mantra to make some moolah (sitchin had, may god show mercy on his soul)..they dont have any concrete belief. when they put their distorted beliefs into paper, they modify existing facts and data to provide support to their distorted beliefs.

Well said Coredrill

One addition or correction Childress, I believe actually believes this stuff and makes money doing so, I've 'spoken' to him on forums a number of times - he use to post at a forum called Junjun. We use to debate (endlessly) about the 1909 letter about Egyptians in the Grand Canyon

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Don't just tell him "well done!"

Give the man a star for God's sake.

Harte

top topics

join