It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Signal From Outer Space - Is Someone Trying To Contact Us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
messagetoeagle.com...
According to messagetoeagle.com...

A mysterious signal coming from a region of space between the constellations Pisces and Aries has been picked up on three different occasions

The signal is very puzzling and does not resemble any known astronomical phenomenon. Researchers who have studied its frequency pattern do not believe it is natural interference or noise.

They go on to explain various theories that it might be, so they aren't saying its ET in nature but that it could be. Here's a couple of their possibilities

a message from an advanced alien civilization could already be lurking undetected in the solar system.

It may be a natural phenomenon of a previously undreamt-of kind

"Perhaps there is an object on the ground near the telescope emitting at about this frequency."

I hope they are able to find the source and/or decode the signal. Could be interesting!

edit on 30-1-2012 by AnonyJai because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by AnonyJai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Contact anyone? call Jodie Foster!!
Seriously tho, I hope it DOES turn out to be an ET signal
edit on 1/30/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyJai

Here's a link on Wikipedia for you!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would like to know who the
scientist are researching for.
Could you provide a link
from your quoted posts?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Thanks for the link - off to
read it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The article (Wikipedia) does state it could be just
about anything. Would be great tho
if we received a signal that led us to
the discovery of another planet that
holds life.
edit on 30-1-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Sorry about that... Editing the post with the link now!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It could very well be my Light Source coz it is up there

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

We are watching the watchers....do not be afraid...you are safe.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I read the update - very interesting current
news. I would like to see that they get
enough funding to be able to keep on
with this project. Amazing that a possible
10,000 planets could have ET's. Thanks
OP!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Here's a link on Wikipedia for you!

Thanks for the link - that explains it all and puts it to bed!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't suppose any of those coincide with reports of sky noises?
I look at it this way.. any intelligent species is likely radiating energy, like radio. We'll pick that up....eventually. The Universe is billions of years old. Hence... 'Eventually' has probably come and gone more times than anyone can literally count...and we're bound to catch more galactic side traffic as we get better at listening. If they're out there....we can't help but pick up some of it.

Just think now....One of the first videos with energy capable of going out into space was of Adolph HItler's smiling mug...or, perhaps just his pie hole under that silly little mustache. What a way for others to see us first. I wonder what we'll see of 'them' when we get the listening part down well enough?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
No wonder these aliens haven't come over for dinner yet, they think we're nosey parkers.. Eves dropping on them all the time. For all we know, we're hacking their phone calls, and listening to some sordid naughty intergalactic sexy time phone call!

What I mean is, why do we think any signal is intended for us?

And what if we decode it and it reads "Move in now, the time is right. Kill all humans..."

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe im brainwashed by all these conspiracy theories. But every time anything extraterrestrial has come up recently i just start thinking project bluebeam. Hmmmmmm maybe its because i just started reading more about secret society's and found out about bluebeam last week. But still...........

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yep, we could far mlikely be onto a signal thats millions or maybe thousamds of years old.....
Theres no telling what it may be.....
What if theres some kind of signal barrier out there?
Maybe well start betting more and more communications now because our own will be reflected back???
Or....though this is perhaps not yet mathematically possible.....(i dont have a calculator handy)
But why couldnt the signals we first began to broadcast comming back from bouncing off the skin of our bubble universe?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

well our signals have only been going out since around the 1930's if they travel into space at the speed of light then they will not have even had time to reach the next star system let alone the edge of the known universe and bounce back! great post though op very intersting and lets face it if we are ever to have first contact it will be in this manner aliens will not just fly down and say hello it will be a mathematical signal which we would have to decode and respond to in order to show we have enough intelligence to be contacted properly

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

well our signals have only been going out since around the 1930's if they travel into space at the speed of light then they will not have even had time to reach the next star system let alone the edge of the known universe and bounce back! great post though op very intersting and lets face it if we are ever to have first contact it will be in this manner aliens will not just fly down and say hello it will be a mathematical signal which we would have to decode and respond to in order to show we have enough intelligence to be contacted properly

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Nice find very interesting . Maybe its time to give Jodie Foster a call. And remember to build two in case the first one breaks.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coldlikecustard

There are many star systems within 80 some light years, that's why the movie Contact picked a star about 40 light years away, so a return message could be theoretically received.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

fair play was not really sure of the distances to be honest but was just trying to prove the point that signals will not have reached the edge of the universe and back again in such a short period of time

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join