It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supporters...Remember This List When You Vote This Year.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Unfortunately everyone seems to have forgotten just how slow-witted, ignorant and incompetent our Patriot Act president was. Not to mention we had Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the dream team in the White House..

1) Which "Patriot Act" President? Bush or Obama?
2) Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush....aren't around, it's 2012.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

I think Ron Paul is a 'long shot" as long as the MSM says so, and people keep parroting the line.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Than you for your thoughtful reply. Of course I would not vote for him if was going to hurt anybody. I'm just saying the country had already been pilfered by the republicans before POTUS Obama took over.
Nobody is perfect so I don't expect him to be. I only expect him to do his best for us like all politicians, even thought there is a shadow government behind every thing that happens!
I certainly don't expect a plane, missile, bomb to hit the worlds largest office building in the exact teeny, weeny, tiny spot where all the financial records are kept the would explain the TRILLIONS of missing Pentagon money that was announced the day before by rumsfeld.

brice

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I do very much like Ron Paul's honest and integrity. Highly intelligent man, the type of guy you want on the back benches pointing out stupid laws. I don't think anarchy or libertarian philosophy jives with the wisdom of my years.
We have tried it, corporations need to be policed or we are going to have melamine in our milk and lead in our toys and no more safe drinking water.
So I respect Ron Paul as a human being, huge, put his face on Rushmore, but POTUS I don't think so.
Thank you for everyone's opinion!
what a great time to be alive!
brice

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

With a heavy heart,
I have to admit that I agree with you.

Besides Paul, the other GOP candidates will DESTROY this country.
and FAST.

ESPECIALLY SANTORUM.

Of those three- I trust Romney the most, and I believe he is the least radical of the three.
Gingrich has some good ideas on certain issues, but the guy is socially inept- not a leader, emotionally unstable, a liar and more....and I understand the argument that his personal life should not be the focus; however, if he made a vow before God and has TWICE betrayed that vow and ABANDONED his wives when they needed him the most- well, I call that a fair-weathered friend that uses people and only cares about himself.
If his supporters think he won't do the same thing to them- well, have fun with your delusion

And Santorum- oh goodness gracious.
He would start WW3 the day he stepped into the Oval Office.
And with his extremist social views- he may as well use the Constitution as toilet paper.

I'm sad to say that despite my optimistic and laid-back nature, even I am beginning to feel disillusioned.
I genuinely feel that our only hope is Paul.
Or Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket.

And to those anti-Paul/Johnson people,
well, here's what I DO NOT understand-

if you've been doing well and are/have been happy with the Zeitgeist and role of government/their policies over the past few decades, well so be it.

But I reckon that MOST are NOT.

So my question is...
WHY WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR BIG GOVERNMENT POLITICIANS- regardless of party- AND EXPECT A CHANGE?!---
This is one of the circumstances in which that psych definition about insanity is especially relevant:
Insanity is repeating the same behavior, yet expecting different results.

Why would you keep voting for the status quo/establishment candidates and expect hope and change?!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Obama supporters don't care dude. You can name each and every Wall Street member of their Administration, and explain how those very organizations funded his campaign, and they'll still support him.

Whatevs, when things start to get really nasty in a few decades, hopefully they'll think back and regret voting for him.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
"7) Said nothing about Operation Cast Lead. Supported the massacre of civilians by IDF troops. "

I knew nothing about this, so I looked it up.

Hey, it was an israeli military operation. Beginning 12/27/08, ending (counted by last israeli military action, not the last rockets fired from Gaza) 01/28/09.

Obama assumed office 01/20/09. Yeah, so he had 9 days of this on his count.
Bush on the other hand requested a cease-fire from the hamas. Yes, from the hamas. That was obviously the better presidential response to this war.. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Add to the list:

signed ACTA while using SOPA as a distraction.

Killed an American Citizen overseas, and says it's okay.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Remember, as you stand in front of your electronic voting machine, it is programmed to elect the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First, the NDAA doesn't take away any of your rights.
Second, Republicans promise to attack Iran, and have been criticizing Obama for not attacking Iran sooner....
third, I don't have enough time to counter all the other points(there's a couple I can't, most I could).
I think I got the biggies though..

Oh I forgot, you say Obama raised the numbers of soldiers beyond Bush's numbers...well what about now?
Now there are a lot less troops there.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Like hell I'll vote for the corporate suit or the despicable jolly Georgian.

I'll vote for Obama so that the collapse will be slower rather than all at once. Those other two clowns will exacerbate international relations and the world economy in whole to a point of meltdown sooner rather than later. At least under Obama individuals have time to become self sufficient for the coming storm. I'd rather have an umbrella ready rather than to walk out into the rain before I had the opportunity to buy one. Too bad Paul couldn't win.

I think you have it backwards. Voting in Obama won't delay the collapse but rather speed it up. He, after all has spent 5-6 trillion dollars in just the last three years (more than any other president in history) already surpassing even George W. Bush.

If, like you say and like the media says every_single_waking_moment_of_our_lives that Ron Paul won't/can't win, why delay the inevitable? Sure, Vote Obama.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Um, NDAA? yes it does.
Also, Bush - 8 years in office = 575 troop deaths in Afghanistan
Obama - not quite 4 years in office = 1275 deaths
... and you are saying troops are safer under Obama. Okaaaaaaay.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku

Um, NDAA? yes it does.

No it doesn't...

Also, Bush - 8 years in office = 575 troop deaths in Afghanistan
Obama - not quite 4 years in office = 1275 deaths
... and you are saying troops are safer under Obama. Okaaaaaaay.

That wasn't what I was saying...but aren't most of them home now?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If NDAA doesn't take away the rights of American citizens then why does Obama basically admit it does?

The AP has more from the signing statement: “My administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens. Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a nation.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Beats the hell out of having George W Bush in office.

Don't you get it? Obama is Bush 2.0 Presidential elections DO NOT MATTER anymore. It's a complete continuity of agenda from administration to administration on the big issues of finance, war and peace, economics, and corporate industry. Everything else is political theater.

Saying one president is better than another is a complete fallacy.

Obama has done 100% the opposite of what he campaigned on. He's engaged more troops (and more have died - I thought he was going to bring them all home), he started a new war in Libya, he's made politics in the USA the most polarized arguably in history, and he's totally in the pocket with corporate America, Wall Street, and the banking industry. Hell, Obama was more financed by Wall Street in 2008 than McCain!!!

They all campaign as populists and govern like fascists, plutocrats, and oligarchs.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm working on my list for GeeDubya......please be patient, it's gonna take a while....I'm on "147. Let 9/11 happen" now.
edit on 31-1-2012 by 3dman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To be honest, I'd rather hit sooner than later.

I have a feeling in the next month or two it will get pretty bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Operation Cast Lead I just learned about recently. Talk about a massacre!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
obama or not, the next president will go on in the same direction. Gop and democrats only have petty differences

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can we, at least here on ATS, get past this whole "Ron Paul can't win" thing?

Seriously, how many die hard Romney supporters do you personally know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join