It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rep. Issa Interview About Geithner's Fed and AIG tresury EMAILS Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
well the line that treasury secutery timmy g did not "know" about the details of the 100cents in the dollar pay out to AIG (know as the back door bail out of goldman ect)
was HIDDEN on purpose and cost the tax payer 200 billion dollars.
bloomberg video of interviem with issa on gietners actions

John Mica of Florida went further, calling for Geithner to quit as a result of the scandal.

“Why shouldn’t we ask for your resignation?” Mica asked Geithner. “We’re not getting the whole story, we’re getting the blame story. You’re either incompetent on the job or you knew what was taking place and you tried to conceal it, and I think that’s grounds for your review.”

blog source

so the questions are,
was timmy working in the "private" interest while holding public office?

why did AIG get 100 cents on the dollar?

why was this "hidden" and denyed by timmy even in front of congresional hearing?

the emails are "proof" that timmy was working for the counter parties, had knowledge and hid proof of his fore knowledge from congress.

if the treasury was subverted for "private interests" and "directeed" to pay "above market" for AIG counter agreements, it would mean that ALL the BAILOUTS should be under scutiny.

200billion dollars payed needlessly to giants like gold men sacks,
while peoples homes are foreclosed,

bankers in govenment working for the interests of banks is a crime.

xploder

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Daryl issa is the richest congressman worth over 300 million dollars according to wikipedia, and he headed the investigation into fast and furious, an admitted botched job, and still not one person has ben fired, so I trust Issa about as much as I trust turbo tax tim geithner. This is probably just standard blackmailing between the various insiders.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

while timmy g is getting heat and is being exposed as the lier he is i am happy,
i do realise the irony of issa being the one grilling timmy g.

i also realise this is ALSO about scoring political points,

BUT the truth of "working in the private interest" while holding public office is an interesting revelation,
as is the fact that timmy lied to congress.

as the truth is slowly exposed more truth with surface

i dont like issa but like his position on griling 200 billion dollar timmy

xploder

new topics

join