It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Bless America - Movie Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I hope this is a joke.

Can you please explain to me what is worse?

All of the people on TV that this man feels deserve to be shot?

Or all of the real life useful-idiots who support this movie; about a typical white American hanging out with an attractive underage girl, shooting who ever he feels deserves to be shot without consequence?

And they have advanced screening tickets for April 6th.

Wow. If this isn't bait, I have no idea what is real anymore.
edit on 30-1-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

Edit: I just want to post a study that correlates violent behaviour with Television.

Fifty years of news coverage on the link between media violence and aggression have left the U.S. public confused. Typical news articles pit researchers and child advocates against entertainment industry representatives, frequently giving equal weight to the arguments of both sides. A comparison of news reports and scientific knowledge about media effects reveals a disturbing discontinuity: Over the past 50 years, the average news report has changed from claims of a weak link to a moderate link and then back to a weak link between media violence and aggression. However, since 1975, the scientific confidence and statistical magnitude of this link has been clearly positive and has consistently increased over time. Reasons for this discontinuity between news reports and the actual state of scientific knowledge include the vested interests of the news reporting, and the failure of the research community to effectively argue the scientific case. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved)

Media violence and the American public: Scientific facts versus media misinformation. Bushman, Brad J.;Anderson, Craig A. American Psychologist, Vol 56(6-7), Jun-Jul 2001, 477-489. doi: 10.1037/0003-066X.56.6-7.477
APA PsycNET

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh, you just KNOW there will be people who will be cheering this movie and having violent fantasies about killing everybody who pisses them off, offends them, or tries to stand up to them.

I would have thought that Bobcat Goldwaith could think of something better than this.....wait.....never mind. A guy who made a living by talking like a cracked-out lunatic maybe couldn't think of anything better.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh, you just KNOW there will be people who will be cheering this movie and having violent fantasies about killing everybody who pisses them off, offends them, or tries to stand up to them.

I would have thought that Bobcat Goldwaith could think of something better than this.....wait.....never mind. A guy who made a living by talking like a cracked-out lunatic maybe couldn't think of anything better.

Scapegoat?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oh cool! A real movie about the real America!

This should not be released. Copy cats will love it. Now if it was about wackin politicians .....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

Dear badconduct,

It is real and worse yet a sign of the times. I believe Bobcat Goldthwaite was behind this film. Now, as to his intent, hard to say. Is he wrong, are there people who feel the way the characters do in the film? Will kids raised on video games where they just shoot people watch this movie, yep. During the 70s and forward they used to make those horrible Friday the 13th movies. As the series continued being made they just became more and more about annoying people being killed just because they were annoying. Yet, one of the most successful franchises in history. Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Now let's be honest, I'm sure we've all thought about perpetrating a drive-by shooting against the Westboro Baptist Church (*crickets* Oh, just me?) but, no one would ever actually do something that stupid and reckless.

It looks to me like this movie doesn't even want to be taken seriously.

Which is probably a good thing.
edit on 30-1-2012 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

hAHAHAHAHAHAHA JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA OMG ha LAIRIOUS!!!! but pretty scary when u know these killers

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hahaha. I love the premise of this movie. I'm sure there are going to be many people trying to stop the release of this movie. I will actually be a bit surprised if this makes it into the cinemas. But I would much rather see it released than see it suppressed. There are much worse movies out there imo, it's just that the ideals involved in this movie are extremely controversial and a 'bit too close to home'.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I just want to post a study that correlates violent behaviour with Television.
So you suggest that we censor anything violent? And I bet you also think we should censor anything with controversial information? It's a very slippery slope your headed down.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Have to say that I agree with the characters in this film. There is ABSOLUTELY something wrong with people in America today, specifically the type this movie is targeting.

Is the answer to kill them all? No. Should this movue be banned? Hell no.

You have a choice to see it or not. I for one will choose to do so and I don't need anyone holding my hand and telling me what is wrong with the picture in front of me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It might just be my imagination, but doesn't that guy look a lot like a fatter Alex Jones? The laugh even sounds a lot like him.

new topics

top topics

join