It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Streak/Flash in the sky last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I saw something interesting last night January 29. (About 11pm) I live in a apartment building in Baltimore County (Pikesville) when I saw a very big or may low flying Blue ball of light moving very quick across the sky It kinda had a streak to it. It looked like it was moving North maybe northeast. It only lasted about 5 seconds.

The big object was moving but after it passed, there were two more blue objects, which kinda flashed or blinked in the sky after the big object passed. The two objects were smaller and kind of had a quick on-off flash to them, kinda like someone taking a picture but just with a bright blue light.

Only reason I saw it was because I was getting ready to go to sleep, I gotten in the habit of checking on outside, to make sure everything is Okay. I live in a apartment complex so I try to keep a eye out for anything crazy before I go to sleep.

When I first saw it I thought maybe it was a illusion, I was tired, but I actually saw this objects reflection in against car windows. In the parking lot.

It did not look like a meteor to me, it looked like it was moving horizontal. Like I said the object had a streak to it, and it was kinda curving. It was really low, or maybe just big. I have never seen a meteor so bright.

I've seen a meteors,(White in color, Yellowish) but I never saw a blue one. Also totally silent no sound whatsoever. I'm not a astronomer so I wont rule it out.

I know for sure it was not a plane or helicopter, No sound, and moving too quickly to be a traditional aircraft, unless it was just something new, it was not a transformer.

Of course I have no pictures as I was not expecting to see anything like it.

Just wondering if anyone else in Maryland or anywhere close by (Maybe in the MidAtlantic)see anything like it.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Blue Meteors

Credit: Spacedoubt - ATS

Credit Wally Pacholka, Mojave Desert near Victorville, CA Dec. 14, 2009

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
nice picture i seen the same type of light 2 years ago in a car but it was greenish neon or w.e but just like this picture tho

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well maybe that's what it was.

Color is spot on.

What I saw had a more ball like appearance, and the streak behind it was a little curved. But maybe that's what it was!

thanks for the input.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

Don't forget that those photos are time lapse so there will be more of a streak than a ball

Originally posted by burntoast
nice picture i seen the same type of light 2 years ago in a car but it was greenish neon or w.e but just like this picture tho

The green ones are more common and some get much bigger

Google Peekskill Ny and Alberta meteorites on youtube

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

As zorgon said, meteors would appear more ball like in real life. Meteors can be very varied in their appearance, not to mention bright. Have a look at this meteor compilation for example.

With regards to what you said about the meteor appearing to travel horizontally, the apparent direction of travel depends heavily on an observers perspective. It may well have been traveling from right to left/left to right in relation to you. Keep in mind a meteoroid hitting our atmosphere can come in at any angle. Instead of plunging directly into the atmosphere, some meteoroids just graze the edge of the atmosphere (they are called "earth-grazers").

Earth-grazers characteristically travel over a longer length of sky than most other meteors that plunge into the atmosphere at steep angles, partly because a gentle or relatively gradual atmospheric entry gives meteoroids a chance to survive for longer - atmospheric entry can be very traumatic for a meteoroid, many of which are surprisingly fragile, and entering at a steep angle can be more than enough for it to disintegrate almost immediately, which is why the vast majority of visual meteors last less than a second.

Bright grazers are a stunning sight, and relatively rare, but it sounds like you may have caught a nice one

new topics

top topics

join