It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Flood Was Caused By A Comet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If in fact these biblical stories are true about the "Great Flood"? I have the feeling that it wasn't some great intentional cleansing from "GOD" because of the perverse nature of man or his breeding habits with the Nephlim. I hypothesize what actually was written and had happened back during the time of the Sumerians was nothing more than a Comet actually striking deep within the earths mantle into the lava and not only expelling massive amounts of steam into the atmosphere due to the ice construction of the comet, but also melting the comet thus adding more water to the surface of the planet, that would cause massive Tidal waves, massive Floods, but would also create a massive global monsoon due to the change in the atmospheric conditions.

To go several steps further with the Noah story, I believe the people of the time were watching this Comet, and were warned by their alien creators/watchers of what the potential ramifications would be if infact if it did strike the earth, and this is really how Noah was helped to save his family and a few species that would have been needed to sustain life during the GFlood

Many other things tie into this as well, like the Sphinx the Great Pyramid, Easter Island, The spiraling Petraglyphs, Stone Henge Etc

Many Great Civilizations were wiped out throughout the planet, and there are remnants all over the planet including many that are still submerged under the oceans and lowlands that are now being found. most of the water was absorbed by the earth or were frozen after the sun was blocked out and the temperatures dropped on the poles, which was most likely what caused the ice age as well

The extinction of the dinosaurs had their own event....Earlier

edit on 30-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Check this out from my hidden file room.

Comet May Have Exploded Over North America 13,000 Years Ago

New scientific findings suggest that a large comet may have exploded over North America 12,900 years ago, explaining riddles that scientists have wrestled with for decades, including an abrupt cooling of much of the planet and the extinction of large mammals.

www.physorg.com...

So,yes,it is possible that a comet may have caused the biblical flooding.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

well at least part of my hypothesis seems to be shared

I'm still thinking most all of this is connected somehow

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What if this comet didn't explode or hit us but passed so close it caused flooding due to some increased gravitational effect on the moon or Earth causing the tides to shift across land?
This could explain why it's also said that the next time won't be flooding but fire instead.
The Earth's gravity could have pulled the comet closer on the first pass making the second upcoming pass a direct hit, hence the fire?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Read what I posted and connect the dots.

There is more to that story,dig a little deeper.

Mega-flood triggered cooling 13,000 years ago: scientists

Scientists say they have found the trigger of a sharp cooling 13,000 years ago that plunged Europe into a mini ice age.

www.reuters.com...

Makes you wonder how far back those myths and legends go.

But backing up the comet theory thing about this,our history and orbital co ordinance suggest that we should have stayed consistently warm during that period,but the earth didn't.

Hence this theory was proposed

ALTHOUGH the Tibetan plateau is important in influencing the atmospheric circulation of the Northern Hemisphere1–3, there are only a few continuous palaeoclimate records available, and these are limited to the plateau's northeastern margin4–6. Here we present a 13,000-yr record from Sumxi Co (western Tibet), constructed from both lake-core and shoreline studies, which shows that conditions in the early–middle Holocene were warmer and wetter than at present. These results confirm model predictions of an intensified monsoon over the region at ~9,000 yr BP, owing to an orbitally induced increase in summer insolation7,8. We also find evidence for warm, humid pulses at ~12,500 and ~10,000 yr BP, in phase with the steps of the last deglaciation, and for a return to cold, dry conditions at ~11-10,000 yr BP, none of which can be explained by orbital variations. The existence of the cold episode confirms that the cooling associated with the Younger Dry as event occurred in continental China6,9, and provides further evidence of the global nature of this event10 References

www.nature.com...
edit on 30-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I tried thinking about that, but the problem always arose, where did all the extra water come from?
Now the passing of the comet could have actually warped the planet and land masses could have sunken and risen and even split apart Pangea instead of submission???

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The more i think about it, most likely where the Comet struck was in Antarctica, where they claim hollow earth is and this is why there is a massive hole in the earth, and who's to say that it wasn't originally the north pole????

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
S&F OP I agree with your hypothesis up until your comment about ETs, Comets are the only extraterrestrials involved in these myths.

There are hundreds of ancient cultures that mention a great flood, many of the same cultures also depict in their art work what are quite obviously comets.

As for Noah's comet impact site I think the Indian Ocean is the place to look.

The Noah's Ark story is a metaphor, it's either that or God is a mass murderer.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgeDeath

You cant leave ET out, because with out him we wouldn't be online debating the great flood and him

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You just came up with this theory because you were watching gold member tonight!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The Yucatan is the comets impact point and can be easily see from orbit. In the scripture the fountains of water that was underground was broken plus the mantle of water that was at high altitude. Throw in seismic activity and volcanic eruptions, you have yourself an ELE. Not to mention that people that survived had to figure out the seasons again as it all changed due to the axis being altered.

Ice age, well the mammoths were eating green grass when they were flash frozen with the look in their eyes saying who turn off the heat. I imagine that life was rather tough for quite some time after things settled down. Along with the earth being plunged into and ice age literately over night. Now that has to really ruin your future plans.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have a theory that may refute this.. not saying one is right or wrong but maybe consider it.

From what I have gathered there was an ice age that ended just when there was supposedly this advanced civilization that died out..

Something else that also coincided with the end of the ige age was a dramatic reduction in cosmic rays hitting the Earth..

Check out this link...

www.nature.com...

Cloud formation may be linked to cosmic rays

So what you have is "global warming" created by this reduction in cloud cover caused by the cosmic rays. So what if this ancienct civilization realized that this dramatic climate change was happening.. their land was getting glooded by this global warming. They had to try to figure out some way to reverse this climate change..

What they needed was some way to recrate these cosmic rays that were no longer hitting the Earth..

My theory is that this was the purpose of the Gixa pyramids.. there were 2 purposes possibly.. to slow the climate change and to create fuel to leave the planet..

From what I have found in my research I believe the Giza pyramid was a particle accelerator. I believe it used electrogravitics to make one of the most powerful partcile accelerators imaginable. Not only did it create these cosmic rays that were radiated all over the planet affecting the climate.. but it also recreated the environment in one of these binary stars that creates super heavy elements making somehting like element 115 or somehting to that effect..

I believe the cosmic ray producer was either Orion's belt or Cygnus..

www.andrewcollins.com...

I also find it very interesting that what may have caused the end of Atlantis - global warming - is also being made a political issue right now... is this a form of disinformation? A way to hide what happened or it just gave them a great idea to use to manipulate events?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

No i haven't watched anything other than a few petraglyph and ancient civilization videos and read the bible a few times and seen a few UFOS.

It all just seemed outrageous to think that in all this time we've had no proof of god other than a book that claims he was the culprit, but other older writings still confirmed a great flood but has no clue to why, so in all this bouncing around these ideas from information i had either seen or read, it just made sense that this was the actual culprit and the rest is just some fanatical scribblings of a pagan that wanted to perpetuate a real myth

edit on 31-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I have to agree that the Yucatan is the most likely spot for the meteor causing the flood globally. And for those who wonder about the extra water, the Bible stated the was a sphere of ice/water above the earth, a hyperbaric chamber effect. The ice shield is shattered, the air pressure is reduced more ice falls and heats, more water and the oceans swallow up the low lying coastal ports and land masses shift,Atlantis sinks and the Sargasso field covers the spot.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The deluge or great flood?
ENKI/EA and Utnapishtim encounter/ The deluge

Lines 1-203, Tablet XI
The god Ea leaks the secret plan
Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh a secret story that begins in the old city of Shuruppak on the banks of the Euphrates River.
The "great gods" Anu, Enlil, Ninurta, Ennugi, and Ea were sworn to secrecy about their plan to cause the flood.
[color=gold]But the god Ea (= Sumerian god Enki) repeated the plan to Utnapishtim through a reed wall in a reed house.
Ea commanded Utnapishtim to demolish his house and build a boat, regardless of the cost, to keep living beings alive.
The boat must have equal dimensions with corresponding width and length and be covered over like Apsu boats.
Utnapishtim promised to do what Ea commanded.
He asked Ea what he should say to the city elders and the population.
Ea tells him to say that Enlil has rejected him and he can no longer reside in the city or set foot in Enlil's territory.
He should also say that he will go down to the Apsu "to live with my lord Ea".
Note: The Apsu was a fresh water marsh near the temple of Ea/Enki at the city of Eridu.[9]
Ea will provide abundant rain, a profusion of fowl and fish, and a wealthy harvest of wheat and bread.
link
en.wikipedia.org...

Seems the ANNUNAKI knew of it so it may have had celestial origins as simple as a frozen comet melting off massive amounts of water over Earth (guided hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dont know)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I believe true it was known, but guided is still beyond any realm of imagination, but spill the beans one did

And its History: Plausible Deniability

edit on 31-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There is a theory that says that originally the earth was surronded by a cover of water in the upper atmosphere. This would lead to a sort of greenhouse effect which would explain to many accounts of the earth being a paradise pre-flood. Certainly a comet or some disastorous event could have caused this shielding of water to flood the earth

new topics

top topics

join