It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Learn Better And Retain More While Asleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So I was reading about how we have various brain waves; alpha, beta, theta and what not... When I saw that if you have a cd of information on a language, or a self help cd, or even a music disc, that if you listen to it all the while you are asleep, you will learn the language, you will get the self help, you will memorize the lyrics... Is this true? And if so, does anyone have any information or evidence that this works? Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have heard that this is true but
it wouldn't work well for me as I
can't fall asleep with any kind of
noise or sound. I also wake up
easily whenever I hear a sound.
Now I am wondering if I have
ever retained anything while
asleep

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I use tones and frequencies for all kids of things, but have never tried using them while asleep. I have a friend who swears she lost weight because she listened to a certain tone for weight loss. She did loose weight so I can't doubt the validity of her statements. If it really does work I would think that a lot more people who be using the method for studying and so on.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

They tryied that along time ago, it seems it does not really work or else everyone would be doing it.
It was the same people, men who stare at goats that was behind this or those kind of people.

You can learn in sleep proven fact but you need to be more awake in sleep like lucid, then you can pratice things you do while awake like shooting hoops.

I haven't been able to learn much more , but that is how I problem solve.

top topics

join