It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA New Tobacco Sales Compliance Checks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I am 66 have been smoking since age 8. and have watched this all go down.
I am beginning to think that this is NOT about tobacco and minors.
This is simply a conditioning ploy.
The goverment plans to card you constantly to get you used to the idea that it would simply be easier to combine the id with your debit card.Its about computers storing huge amounts of data that was not possible ten years ago.....
With the combo debit,slash id card they will be able to track your every move and purchase.
Not that they are interested in you, but they will use computers to pick out the anomalous activity which will be investigated further.....
I am sure this will lead to a universal card for everything.....just another part of the compulsive conditioning process......
remember they have a battery of "psyche boys" working on their side.and they have time.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Bic lighter, made in the USA! But, I have (somewhere in the house) a very good rolling machine that was made in Germany.

About the insane taxes, you're so right. This government cares for nothing but money. They do NOT care for the health of anyone. I've often wondered what they would do if everyone DID quit smoking, all at once, never to smoke again? No more tobacco tax money coming their way.

The government would fly into a panic, for sure. Where would they get the money, then? Look out, McDonald's, you're next.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ya know sunbathing is bad for ya too what with all that skin cancer/melanomas and all. And yet kids are allowed from infancy on to expose their delicate little flesh to the ozone depleted radiation. Yes, there's sunblock but the chemicals in that stuff are just as bad for ya as the sun.

And fluoride in the water and toothpaste? It's rat poison! The ONLY active ingredient in rat poison. There's even a number on the back of the toothpaste tube for you to call the poison control center if anyone swallows the toothpaste! And fluoride treatments are pushed on school age kids even though someone with a college degree and even one eye open should know that if you put something in a kids mouth, they're gonna swallow it.

Maybe there's another reason smoking is being so demonized.....nicotine keeps you from being so brainwashed by the chemical lobotomy that IS fluoride.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

excellent information....thank you so much....I have listed many of the other causes of lung cancer on my thread....but this I did not know.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

And what about the new laws coming out about not being able to smoke outside? Outside for god's sake! do you know all the crap in the air already, but smokers are being blamed for all of it now and people are falling for it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I know, it's crazy. How many cars are there out there on the roads? The exhaust from running one vehicle for just a few minutes puts out more toxins than a smoker would in a year. But it's the smokers polluting the air, right? You can no longer smoke outside in the city of Charleston, SC but you sure the heck can drive your car around. And we don't have emission tests or inspection stickers here.

They certainly don't calculate smog levels by the number of smokers walking around.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why did government involve themselves in this anyway?
They are just taking advantage of folks' addictions.
Has any of this ever stopped kids from smoking? NO...
This new move is just another way to intimidate you -- it is another version of the ATS scandal.
I think there is a name for what they are doing, but it escapes me.
Reminds me of the story "Taming of the Shrew".

The way I see it there does not have to be any regulations on tobacco or alcohol.
Have all their expensive regulations cut down on alcoholism? NO.. So what's the point?
Alcohol is cheap to make. 90 cents for 16 oz of Isopropyl Alcohol; $20 for the drinkable version without the Isopropyl- They add poisons to it and sell it as "rubbing alcohol" or various paint thinning concoctions so you don't drink it.
Why don't more people just grow their own tobacco?
Or is this illegal?

Lots of luck determining who is 27, 28 or 30. Maybe you will have to card anyone who doesn't have gray hair.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Smoking around someone who does not smoke and does not like it is just plain rude, and no other considerations need to be made. It is a case of your rights trampling on the rights of others.
You don't burp, blow your bad breath at someone or otherwise pass bodily gases in the presense of another do you?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

OHZONE

Enough is enough!!! There are people who are violent to others. There are people who cheat on their spouses. There are people who cheat others out of their property. There are people who make money polluting. There are people who think nothing of starting their cars and driving 2 blocks to the corner store.

And yet ...and yet...society feels that they have to pick on smokers because we burn 19 grams of dried leaves and inhale the smoke?????

Somehow that means our old people have to risk freezing to death in sub-zero weather to maintain their right to consume a legal product. Four have died already. Somehow we are not entitled to smoke in our own homes. People who have mental issues are not allowed to use the one product that seems to do them a great deal of good that isn't controlled by big Pharma and has no immediate side effects. Smokers are not allowed even a single place where they can socialize together in comfort.

You know what - people are exposed to and inhale hundreds of contaminants every single day. Pollen, cockroach poop, fungus, moulds, pet dander, emissions from cooking, emissions from cleaning products, emissions from the combution of other organics that vehicle exhaust, burning wood, burning candles, air fresheners etc etc etc etc.

Man has lived for millenia by burning organics in their homes for heating and for cooking - wood coal, oil and even dung and lived shrouded in smoke.

And nobody had a word to say until anti-tobacco started their marketing campaign.

I say shove it! - Stick it where the sun don't shine - If you got a problem with cigarette smoke, then maybe its you that either needs to suck it up or isolate yourself. Why should the rest of the world cater to you!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Smoking around someone who does not smoke and does not like it is just plain rude, and no other considerations need to be made. It is a case of your rights trampling on the rights of others.
You don't burp, blow your bad breath at someone or otherwise pass bodily gases in the presense of another do you?

I don't blow the smoke in anyones face. Unfortunately I also don't control the wind either.

You know sometimes, just sometimes, I will be walking along and be hit with a whiff of someones fart. I understand that much like a lot of other things i.e. big plume of exhaust from a truck, that this is part of life and every little inconvenience or thing I find annoying does not require legislation.

I don't think the world revolves around me so I don't feel obliged to force my views on to others.

Here in Australia, smokers have been forced to congregate in groups in areas where smoking is allowed. What do we have now??? Rabid anti-smoking groups/people getting their knickers in a knot because they choose to pass by these groups of smokers and get a face full of smoke all the while being too stupid to realise that it was all the laws they have supported that has resulted in smokers having to huddle in these confined areas.
edit on 31-1-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Time for a smokers revolution!!!!!

Until every other contaminate and odor is eradicated from the planet...leave us alone!!

That means no more cars, farts, perfume, bon fires, body odor...everything!!

Ridiculous right? That's how anti-smokers sound.... You are picking the smallest contributer to pollution there is and beating people up for it....grow up.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That sucks man.
Tobacco contests have been GOOD to me. Real good.

I got to go ride in a nascar. Won a laptop, several gift cards. Sucks.

Should add we grow almost all of our own tobacco. It's native to this area.
edit on 31-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Yeah. I read somewhere that nicotine latches on to the exact same receptors that fluoride does. It surely make one think, doesn't it?
edit on 2/1/2012 by HillbillyHippie1 because: I can...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Just for laughs!

www.youtube.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Just for laughs!

www.youtube.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

Haha there you have it.

Actually that's possibly more evidence than anti-smoking groups can present on the dangers of second hand smoke

edit on 1-2-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Aaron2209

Lets see this evidence on the "dangers of second-hand smoke". Bet you I can debunk it real fast!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Smoking is a weird subject for me. They say it is really addictive. I smoke when I want (which isn't often at all, not even monthly) and I never got addicted even though at times in my life I carried a pack around. It used to be they were good ice breakers.

My husbands' granddad smoked like a total chimney. He was about 90 when he died and it wasn't anything to do with his respiratory system.

My mom died - not from lung cancer, which she got- but from the steriods that ripped a hole in her stomach. Still, it was heartbreak that I saw cause that cancer- she was fine until my dad had a horrid affair, she was 60 and it just broke her - then she went down quick. I really think she died because she was tired of living. In any event, she always said that the old need to get out of the way of the young, and not try to live so freaking long. She had a point...who wants to live forever? Who and what does it really serve to be in depends with a feeding tube in the nursing home for a few years before you die?

I've heard that the whole tobacco lung cancer thing was really asbestos causing it. That with all that gone now, that lung cancer would have went way, way down, and maybe they don't want to show this. I heard that Japanese people smoke more, and get less cancer. I don't know....

I'm pagan and I believe in magick things. I really do not LIKE those darn graphic pictures on smokes. There's this thing called the nocebo effect....it makes me wonder- if you quit telling people over and over and over and over that if they smoke they will die....if you aren't causing some of the deaths through your black magick.

Then, I wonder what is so wrong about tobacco. It's burnt to bring spirits and blessings, and to honor the Great Spirit, it's an offering. I love to grow it in my garden because all the aphids will get on it - they just LOVE it- and they stay off my roses.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Aaron2209

Lets see this evidence on the "dangers of second-hand smoke". Bet you I can debunk it real fast!

Tired of Control Freaks

That's the real problem though. There is no real evidence on the dangers of second hand smoke. The email I posted earlier outlines the problem with what anti-smoking groups are saying as opposed to what the actual report states.

I am still awaiting a reply to that email by the way lol

We are seeing the same tactic with alcohol over here now. All they need to get Joe Public on side is list any and all issues said product can cause (which is generally a list of illnesses that can result simply because we are living beings) and how much it costs the health system (despite the fact the tax revenue usually far outweighs these costs).

Once they plug these two dubious issues, Joe Public gets up in arms and starts screaming "OMG MY TAX DOLLARS" "BAN IT BAN IT!"

Just this morning I've seen a piece on the dangers of sugar. SUGAR FFS! They are saying it is far more toxic than alcohol and regulations need to be put in place. They mentioned the medical issues it can cause, which were of course as generic as always, and how much it costs the public health system due to no doubt dubiously linked illnesses.

This crap is driving me crazy!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Glad you clarified that aaron2209 - agree with you completely

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

Thanks , I didn't realize this.
Another sneaky move by the FDA. Tactics for more control and money .
They've always had their foot in the door. Might as well let them come on in.
NOT!
Appreciate the heads-up! S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join