It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange does voiceover for ‘The Simpsons’ milestone 500th episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This isn't groundbreaking, but I thought some of you might find this news interesting. I used to watch the Simpsons when I was younger but I don't watch it anymore although I will probably watch this episode...

www.nydailynews.com...

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has provided the voice for an animated version of himself in the 500th episode of Fox’s “The Simpsons,” a network spokeswoman confirmed Monday.

Getting Assange on the show was the work of creator Matt Groening, who heard he was a fan of the show. Groening, according to EW, dispatched “Simpsons” casting director Bonnie Pietila to find Assange. The lines were recorded in a spot unknown to the producers, executive producer Al Jean told EW.

According to Fox’s episode description, the Simpsons are evicted from Springfield and join an off-the-grid community outside of town. But when Homer and Marge try to sneak back into Springfield, they meet with hostility from their former friends and neighbors, and begin to appreciate their new and more accepting home.

It’s in the outside community where they meet Assange.

As a result, “the Simpsons go off the grid to this very rugged place where they meet [Assange], who’s sort of their new Flanders,” explains Jean. And how, exactly, is he like pious neighbor Ned? “Well, he lives next door,” quips Jean. “The similarities end there … He invites them over for a home movie and it’s an Afghan wedding being bombed.”

Sounds like it might be worth the wasted half hour, skip the commercials of course

edit on 30-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Don't all whistleblowers of national security secrets get guest spots on popular dumbed down television shows? Which is the mildstone, the fact that he's controlled opposition working with his partners in crime, or that this abomination of a show has lasted this long?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just lost a little respect for the Simpsons...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I always had my doubts about Assange, and also found it odd that he would do a voice over on the Simpsons. The show has been absolute garbage since the mid 1990s, depending if you ever liked it all.

The Simpsons have had other controversial episodes with Illuminati symbolism, but I must admit this announcement kind of surprised me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

yeah... well.. i guess this realy does show that assange was only a puppet all along

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Assange seems to like the idea of super-stardom. This appearance is actually a good one though.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow, the mods closed my thread which was discussing a conspiracy behind the guest role of Assange on The Simpsons....

"Deny ignorance"??? Seriously....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As I lost a lot of time picking up some evidence to answer someone, in my thread, who told that the Illuminati do not flag occult messages in cartoons, there it is:

"By the all-seeing-eye, we are worthy, we are not..."

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
As I lost a lot of time picking up some evidence to answer someone, in my thread, who told that the Illuminati do not flag occult messages in cartoons, there it is:

Perhaps you mean me, I did ask some questions, but I do not know why the mods removed your other thread. :/ That speaks something to me, that it was removed. I'll watch the videos, but I believe you are 'taking the piss' as they say, you are being the butt of the joke when they play up the conspiracy theorist angle for laughs from the mainstream.

EDIT: Your last 3 links have 'embedding disabled on request' so might wanna note that for later, you'll have to go to Youtube to watch them directly.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Sachyriel because: deny ignorance?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

yeah... well.. i guess this realy does show that assange was only a puppet all along

Maybe we will get the password for the encryed file hope somebody record it.

Or a hint off it

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Airing tonight, in a hour here on the west coast. According to Digital Cable:

"off the grid post apocalyptic encampment called the 'outlands' "

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Video Links -

VR To - Web-Bot Warning 02/16/2012
www.youtube.com...

The Simpsons Valentine Day Show 2012 (Short Clip)
www.youtube.com...

Operation Blackjack (Full Slide Show)
www.youtube.com...

ENDGAME Blueprint For Global Enslavement (Full Movie)
www.youtube.com...

Apocalypse Now By SmokinJoeTrainer
www.youtube.com...

The Simpsons Predicts 09/11 09/21/1997
www.youtube.com...

The Lone Gunman Predicts 09/11 03/04/2001
www.youtube.com...

Clif High Web-Bot Update 02/22/2012
www.youtube.com...

Shout-Out To GlobalImbalance
www.youtube.com...

Shout-Out To Kclaxon69