It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Trap a Nuisance Bird?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've tried putting up pictures of larger prey, strobe lights, cardboard boxes, shiny balloons, and dogs. I've spent several days outside chasing him off. The problem is he is attacking more than a dozen different windows at my house. My husband tried shooting a co2 pellet gun at him, and it didn't seem to help either. I will probably get a trap and try to lure him in with a big mirror, if the food doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you think catching him and taking him to the other end of the country to let him go will sort out the problem, you're up a beanpole. He'll be back home before you are. You've got a big house planted right in the middle of his territory.

Why don't you get out there and talk to him? They're not totally stupid and a robin can be tamed and eating out of your hand in under an hour. Get a handful of his favourite food and get outside and have a go. When you're mates, tell him politely that he's being a pest and see if you can come to some compromise.

I have robins fighting over my garden space every year. They are amongst the best song birds ever and have sing-offs to decide who wins. I thoroughly enjoy hearing them. There must be something wrong with your ears.

If you really can't put up with him then get a pretend robin and stick him in your garden somewhere and watch what happens. Get a camera on them too, it should be fun.

Come to think of it - if he's really being that much of a pest and knocking on your windows and not going away then I think he's really trying to tell you something important. You're just not listening. You really should talk.
edit on 31-1-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join