It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House pressure on Gulf oil leak figures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

"Now an advocacy group has filed a complaint of misconduct to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) against the scientist who compiled the estimates, alleging he "lowballed" the numbers after political pressure from the White House, among others."

Can we the people believe anything that come from our elected officials?

If we can't trust them about an oil spill, why do they have a hard time understanding why we question 9/11, ufo's ect.

I wonder what the true figure in the spill really was? I guess we shall never know. Just like Fukushima.

Time for change

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Perceptions about the oil spill baffle me.
People don't see that Obama's policy was always VERY pro-BP.
He used the Coast Guard to ensure that BP controlled every aspect of the operation.
Local fishermen were mostly isolated in certain areas or told to sit in a tent all day while outside contractors, who signed a statement that they wouldn't talk to the press, did most of the cleanup.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I did really have some sarcastic remark about this post.
I think I will abstain for the fact that I would be thrown in jail for coughing in public.
Draw your own conclusions...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

More Obama corruption? Nooo!!

Seriously many of us knew the corruption from the start. The videos of Obama walking on the beach with clean up crews who jumped into buses and followed him to the next beach as soon as the cameras were off..

Disgusts me..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nothing too see here, move along PLS.

Didn’t you know everything is cleaned up and good to go now?

There wasn’t any effect to the ecosystem and the corexit mutated shrimp are just delicious.

How do I know? BP and MSM told me so!

Wake up, sometimes we all have to just set aside our petty differences and attempt to tackle some of the logical issues we can all get our head around. If we do that it shouldn’t matter what religion or non-religion you partake in or the color or creed of a man.

When will we stop accepting the lies, the corruption, the hardships put upon us?

Aesop

top topics

join