It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

things that make me go hummmmmm!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Recently on a thread the debate got a little rich. When all else failed, the objector threw me a spelling police ticket. Honestly, if you can keep up with my brain activity be my guest. This adult ADHD crap gets old. Having to think backwards because we generally are also dyslexic.Top that off with I was a soldier in the gulf and I have a problem because I was Hyper Vigilant And to boot, my trade is in carpentry. Seriously? I need a break. or a drink. Spelling Police, give me a break. Carpentry problems?, its good now because its so slow

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What kind of responses are you hoping to get from this post?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Its a RANT but you know, the usual will due, Fame Glory Riches and POWER

I get to bust out a Spelling Cop and get away with it

edit on 30-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I need bathroom work done, do you recommend an overhaul or layering new wood on the old to make the bathroom appear remodeled? To save money that is?

As far as spelling, I am a spelling Sheriff. After a few 100...
"could of, should of, instead of could've, should've"
"your vs you're"
"more/ less 'then', instead of more/ less THAN"

along with the plethora of kindergarten spellings of 4-5 letter words, it does grow like a mold on one's brain and gets annoying to see. I have ADHD too, and I make a spelling typo error in almost every post, but I go back and edit it after a few of the usual curse words after noticing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why do those things make you hum?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I need bathroom work done, do you recommend an overhaul or layering new wood on the old to make the bathroom appear remodeled? To save money that is?

Seriously? I see the "Rebath " commercials and laugh. there is a lot more going on under a tub that's 30yrs old

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why do those things make you hum?

why ask why?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

25'tape measure,scratch awl,center punch,compass,trammel points,marking gauge,chalk line,try square,combination square,framing square,sliding T bevel,Plumb bob,2'level,torpedo level,string line,plane,chisel.back-coping-hack saw...aviation snip,file,putty knife,sand paper and bit brace...all kinds of hammers and screwdrivers and pliers ,pullers and clampers.
...You will be fine,ever work with russian birch?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Seriously? I see the "Rebath " commercials and laugh. there is a lot more going on under a tub that's 30yrs old

Seriously. My house is 160 years old and the original wood that's been affected by water damage is just about turned into sawdust. Some of the wood is still good but looks beat, I was thinking of layering up on wood instead of gutting the whole room out. Not sure what the best decision is, in regards to wanting to "try" to sell the property soon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

dry rot,as long as there is no mold,a bandaid works.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If its that old OMG!!! removing wood is a problem because seems everything board they used was part of the structural process. Better get a trusted remodel contractor for advice. Not a Handy Man

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

dry rot,as long as there is no mold,a bandaid works.

negative, its a wood cancer it just keeps on going right into the new wood

But they do drill out the rot and spray it with insecticide and then bondo it which may be a practical solution
edit on 30-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
House is 162 years old to be exact, build in 1850 in a small NH town. My upstairs floors are slanted from the shifting of the house over the years, floors are warped, the usual good times with an old house. I'm a handy man myself, but this place needs a Messiah!

I got dry rot, holes in the attic where squirrels come in, the roof is ready to blow away in the next hurricane.... but in all fairness, the town/state is taxing me at $100k more than the place is worth, and if I don't like it, they will just take my house or what they think I owe them on taxes when I sell. Got to love home ownership, or should I say tenancy.

BTW, how was my spelling in all of this? =)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Spelling, I'm laughing at You cause you say are a home owner and say you want to save money ALL in the same sentence.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Get a pro in there you can trust, and sue. He will give you trusted advice. If you pay for the consult, it creates a paper trail and he has to give very good advice because its his Rep.on the line..no paper trail, its gonna go like Deny Deny Deny

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Duct tape or do I mean Duck Tape? Wait, it's Frog tape. (Yes, there is such a thing. Try to guess what color it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Spelling, I'm laughing at You cause you say are a home owner and say you want to save money ALL in the same sentence.

LMAO... you got me there, ba-zing!
I'd have more money if I set the money I do have on fire, rather than putting it into an old house.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Duct tape or do I mean Duck Tape? Wait, it's Frog tape. (Yes, there is such a thing. Try to guess what color it is.

that stuff is expensive enough to use the blue stuff and be careful

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Hey Jibbyjedi, I for you a handyman. Make sure his bond hasn't been sued.

new topics

top topics

join