It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arch on the Moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I see what you mean by terrain hiding part of the shadow, but I'm a bit confused on what might be a shadow in the image or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

The shadow with the question mark, seems to be from the hill in front of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I just put the question mark there to show up better, as I was trying to find the angles of the shadow sources, (with the arrow lines).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Hellas

I just put the question mark there to show up better, as I was trying to find the angles of the shadow sources, (with the arrow lines).

I cannot say for sure that they're going as you are pointing them

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Right, hills and valleys would tend to change shadow directions, as we see throughout the entire image, we can agree however there is likely a relatively low angle of light source, coming primarily from near absolute left, and there are shadows with various degrees off of that axis. It is however difficult to determine what a shadow is and what a crevice is in places, as there are no cars and trucks that we have intrinsic knowledge of separating those objects from surrounding areas. That's one of the main problems with viewing alien landscapes, no local color, and also in a point of view we rarely have in day to day life, from directly above, (unless you walk around all the time with your head down). To make matters even more challenging is we get only one view, with one light source, so the information we can gather is limited.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

like i said sorry i cant see them in the pics
and read what i said
as i did not say you said that someone had put an arch on the moon
i just had that song in my head at that time
you know it goes if you beleive they put a man on the moon ,man on the moon
was just a bit of fun

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The sunlit spot in the OP's picture (the spot which I assume the OP is saying is the sunlight shining "under" the arch) looks to me just to be a mountain peak rising out of a shadow -- rising high enough for the top of the peak to be in the sunlight.

edit on 2/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join