It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY senator wants to fine people for eating food on the subway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Gee, New York politicians pushing for more government control over everyone's lives... what's new...

N.Y. Lawmaker Wants Fines For Straphangers Who Eat On The Subway

A local lawmaker want to clamp down on eating on the subway with fines.

In one viral video, a woman told another who was eating spaghetti on the subway, “animals eat on the train,” and got a face full of pasta in response. That encounter helped ignite a debate over food in the subway.

A ban was proposed but never passed, but where the MTA couldn’t get it done, State Sen. Bill Perkins plans to propose a $250 fine.

And they wanted a ban... seriously, these control freaks should move to North Korea.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Gee, New York politicians pushing for more government control over everyone's lives... what's new...

N.Y. Lawmaker Wants Fines For Straphangers Who Eat On The Subway

A local lawmaker want to clamp down on eating on the subway with fines.

In one viral video, a woman told another who was eating spaghetti on the subway, “animals eat on the train,” and got a face full of pasta in response. That encounter helped ignite a debate over food in the subway.

A ban was proposed but never passed, but where the MTA couldn’t get it done, State Sen. Bill Perkins plans to propose a $250 fine.

And they wanted a ban... seriously, these control freaks should move to North Korea.

So a bitch with a loud mouth condemns another for eating and now it will be a $250 fine???? What world do we live in?

I'm sorry but if I am diabetic and need a fix, I'm eating on the subway. And the MTA can shove their fine up their a$$.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal with eating on the subway is, the rats will clean up the mess.

Maybe he's a Quizno's shareholder

Now that I think about it...public transit should not allow passengers to eat food...it's just common sense, people are slobs and the subway is messy enough as it is.

ETA:

I believe this senator is doing it for the wrong reasons, they just wants money. I don't agree with the fine, instead if you're caught eating you should get kicked off until you're done eating then you can get back on.

IMO of course.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good old fascist New York n ever dissapoints the rats will eat reminds me of stop throiwng cigarette butts on the ground the rats might have a smoke afterwards.

What do people expect its New York just think how many homeless they will be starving when that passes.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
video

The woman eating the spaghetti looked like she was doing so in a clean and respectable manner. It isn't like she was causing a safety hazard or spilling sauce all over the place. This is just a case of a racist pig with a loud mouth getting herself in trouble.

Funny how she was the only white person on the train. She must have one hell of a set of balls/ovaries.

edit on 30-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If everyone wants these ridiculous fining to death trends to end, then every time a new statute involving a ridiculous fine is introduced, every able bodied person should immediately violate the statute.

This will make a point that "we will not be micro managed by the gov't", and these petty laws will be nullified early on. What would 5 NYC beat cops do when 500 people bring sandwiches on the subway right after this is implemented? They would have to back down, like they do when illegal substances are done out in the open at most concerts. Sheer overpowering numbers grounded in truth and freedom can change the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This won't pass, and even if it does how on Earth would they actually enforce it? Do you guys ride the subway?

It's laughable

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I thought you couldn't eat in the subway now? Aren't there signs up in every car?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think this is the video they referred to:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
If everyone wants these ridiculous fining to death trends to end, then every time a new statute involving a ridiculous fine is introduced, every able bodied person should immediately violate the statute.

This will make a point that "we will not be micro managed by the gov't", and these petty laws will be nullified early on. What would 5 NYC beat cops do when 500 people bring sandwiches on the subway right after this is implemented? They would have to back down, like they do when illegal substances are done out in the open at most concerts. Sheer overpowering numbers grounded in truth and freedom can change the world.

The MTA has their own police force
that has ballooned in size since 9/11. The MTA and NY taxes business owners and self employed people throughout their operating district, even when there is no train station for miles of their location.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Never know what you're going to see on the local line!

That video is hillarious!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hahaha .. that's the perfect response to someone insulting you for eating on the train: Pasta in the face!

Clearly NY needs more money if they are going after folks for eating on the train. I'm surprised however it wasn't snuck into a anti-terror bill. I thought all bills in NY revolved around a terror bill?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I agree,, eat at home,, and at least enjoy it,, hey might be your last,,
and if ya ain't got time,, go on strike for better hours,,or manage your time better,,or if this is your home, share and evite everyone too have some, bring enough for everyone next time,, hey,, feed the homeless,, pass out free coffee,, who knows might start something,,,

Gonna do something like eat,, do it right,, thats all im saying.

Me.

new topics

top topics

join