It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous: Revealing The Arcane Legal Trick Behind ACTA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Article 32 of the Vienna Convention says that if any part of a treaty is ambiguous it must be interpreted based on documents produced during the drafting and negotiations phase of the agreement. For Acta these documents are classified and have never been made available to the public through official sources. Such secrecy has never surrounded any other global treaty in modern times.

Article 27 of the Vienna Convention says that all international treaties take precedence over any internal laws. The secret parts of ACTA will take precedence over any national laws. Governments will have no choice. Citizens will have no choice. The internet, as we know it, will end.

As mentioned in the video, Wikileaks obtained some of the "hidden" documents that explain the true nature of ACTA:

wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...
wikileaks.ch...

So this is really one of the first peices of legislation that seeks an "NWO" approach through the internet. As time goes on, EVERYTHING will revolve around the internet, and so it's easy to see that global takeover can be achieved through this system.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's really easy to say you're Anonymous these days. I'd love to know what it is that we could do, especially if only Parliament stands in the way. I'm not okay with just hearing "we will deal with them". I don't like to be powerless. What's the next step?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Article 27 of the Vienna Convention says that all international treaties take precedence over any internal laws. The secret parts of ACTA will take precedence over any national laws. Governments will have no choice. Citizens will have no choice. The internet, as we know it, will end.

This right here should have all Americans up in arms.
Any international treaty takes precedence over internal laws....un-freaking-believable.
That pretty much sums up what's going to happen here in America.

Great find v1rt, thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We must figure out a way to network our brains into a grid the same way Anon used PCs for DNS attacks.

For instance, if any hundreds of pages of proposed legislation were broken into five page chunks and read by just 1,000 people, offending language could instantly be identified.

This is precisely why legislators hide their most egregious pieces of legislation in huge bills. They know the average citizen has neither the time nor inclination to go through 800 pages of anything.

We can beat them at their own game by working together instead of fighting amongst ourselves. That's what they expect. That's what they want.

The secret to power is the recognition of power. We the people outnumber the assholes millions to one. Wake up dumbasses before its too late. I posted a thread about this very topic. We have the tools and means to grid our brains, our wishes, our votes and our power. The Internet provides the network. All we need is the platform. I can't write the code. Somebody can

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is truly about to happen - how else will they control us?

Textthe screen goes black for a second before the dreaded words appear: “Malware has been detected on this SCD. As mandated by federal law, it has been placed in quarantine.” Then the machine shuts down. This is not just conjecture, but an imminent scenario.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
OBAMA already signed ACTA October 2011!

The Shell Game: SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA... while the world was focused on SOPA and PIPA, Obama already illegally signed ACTA.

It has been pointed out that any treaty between the US and any other country, which is exactly what ACTA is, requires Senate approval – which ACTA never got. What it did get was a change in semantics where is was now being called an “executive agreement” so that President Obama didn’t need Senate approval.

And they didn't let a peep into the presses about it. It was signed in secrecy without any press coverage. link.

Treaty embroilment is so dangerous and so important, that to further limit and restrict their making, Article II, Section 2, Paragraph 2 orders that the President: "...shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; [Emphasis added.]"

This provision accomplishes two things: 1) it prohibits the President alone to commit the United States to an agreement with other nations (the Senate must advise, consent, concur, and ratify). And 2), why is the Senate singled out, and not the House of Representatives, or both Houses? Because the Senate is the branch of the Congress whose Senators' constituencies are not "my people back home," but "my State government back home."(1)

link

You have been betrayed by an illegal treasonous government!

edit on 31-1-2012 by pianopraze because: added quotes

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
We must figure out a way to network our brains into a grid the same way Anon used PCs for DNS attacks.

For instance, if any hundreds of pages of proposed legislation were broken into five page chunks and read by just 1,000 people, offending language could instantly be identified.

This is precisely why legislators hide their most egregious pieces of legislation in huge bills. They know the average citizen has neither the time nor inclination to go through 800 pages of anything.

We can beat them at their own game by working together instead of fighting amongst ourselves. That's what they expect. That's what they want.

The secret to power is the recognition of power. We the people outnumber the assholes millions to one. Wake up dumbasses before its too late. I posted a thread about this very topic. We have the tools and means to grid our brains, our wishes, our votes and our power. The Internet provides the network. All we need is the platform. I can't write the code. Somebody can

zarp3333 is exactly right. Somehow, someone has to know how we can network ourselves before we lose the ability. We have to be able to create an internet uncontrollable by the government. Based on freedom not profits. Can we do it before we lose it?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

"Such secrecy has never surrounded any other global treaty in modern times."

Videos like the following one will be illegal if ACTA passes:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'm game. I've thought about this many times, especially when they were ramming obamacare up our (dupas). I think it's a great idea. Perhaps we could come up with a planned structure on how to best critically analyze the text, reworded in a format that is easier to understand (with resources and citations). I think it's a great ongoing research endeavor that would warrant its own ATS sub-forum.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Why is this just an American Issue. (wait for my point)

I want to see every internet using person from China, Russia and most Middle-East countries standing up in protest also..... oh wait... yeah thats not going to happen... I forgot most of them already have these restrictions in place.

I understand the disdain for Obama but I'm not sure he did it without thinking it through. If it was me I would of signed it with the knowledge that in five months I can withdrawl that signature and declare it as being unreasonnable treaty. At which time he will toss that on his campign platform. Which would gather more Popularity Support Votes and Big Ticket Donations..

just a thought

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is not just about the internet.

This is going to tighten up controls on much more than the internet.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Listen people I know a little about politics and about the European Parliament. They are responsive to pressure and have been known to vote down or change policy proposals.

The European Parliament is an elected body and answerable to the people of European states who can vote them out. Thus far for example citizens of Poland have been mobilised on this issue. and it looks as if Polish members of European Parliament are sceptical of ACTA. Poland has the fifth most European Parliament members, Germany is the country with most representation.

Everybody in Europe should find out who their European Parliament member is and write to them on this issue, or start / sign petitions. People in the US, Canada or elsewhere who have friends in Europe should inform them and tell them to take action. Ron Paul supporters should press his campaign to raise this as an issue. Democrats should inform their representatives that this issue will make them decide not to vote and be the difference between victory and defeat in the Presidential election. Look for groups that are against this online and lend them support, ask what you can do. This is something that concerns all of us and we can all make a difference.

Anonymous have their methods, but more traditional methods of preventing ACTA from coming to pass are still there. Things look bad but the game is not lost.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

This right here should have all Americans up in arms.
Any international treaty takes precedence over internal laws....un-freaking-believable.
That pretty much sums up what's going to happen here in America.

Great find v1rt, thanks.

I totally feel you on this post. This business about international treaties is quite disturbing. I wonder if the news will report on this? Wait, they're too busy talking about tacos, mistresses and a permanent moon base. If push comes to shove, maybe we can go to the moon with our mistress and eat tacos when the SHTF...
edit on 31-1-2012 by DivineFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I'm an avid reader, so I have no problem reading a couple of thousand pages.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Great thread OP

Especially about the Vienna Convention articles (which I have never taken the time to actually think about). I eagerly await the responses from the masses.

I find it kind of telling that this page has more flags (37) than comments (14) at the time of this post. It seems like alot of people think it is important or good information but a majority of them didn't leave a comment...
edit on 31-1-2012 by DivineFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lawgiver00

START THE REVOLUTION, NOW!!!! GET PEOPLE INVOLVED, DO YOUR RESEARCH, SHARE KNOWLEDGE, BOYKOTT BIG PHARMA/INDUSTRIE - stay healthy, sane and activ....become dangerous!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

jep, libaries, industrie patents (means monopoly), art/self creations....basically everything where no real controll existed will be controllable by this crap...but peopl still believe...OH, ITS JUST THE INTERNET...wrong...soon your self printed shirt will bring you into jail, if you paint a slogan on a sign for a demonstartion = jail, if you build a corn field = jail....and so on....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Do you really think the internet will end? (its a vital part of MK Ultra) Right next to media entertainment(infowarfare) and nifty gadgets that emit the ELFs ULFs EMFs

I dont know if its the rulers are smarter and more powerful or that the people have become so dumb that the rulers only appear to be smarter and more powerful.

Losing the internet would actually help everyone believe it or not followed by stomping the crap out of your android and iPhones followed by the destruction of your HDTVs. Your brains would begin to operate correctly but not until after you threw a childish temper tantrum whine fest for a few years without it all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Do you really think the internet will end? (its a vital part of MK Ultra) Right next to media entertainment(infowarfare) and nifty gadgets that emit the ELFs ULFs EMFs
No one is saying the internet is going to END. You should really learn what we are talking about before you make a ridiculous statement like that.

Losing the internet would actually help everyone believe it or not followed by stomping the crap out of your android and iPhones followed by the destruction of your HDTVs. Your brains would begin to operate correctly but not until after you threw a childish temper tantrum whine fest for a few years without it all.
Yeah I'm sure destroying humanities greatest communication network will help us all. I guess it would be back to books eh? Oh you seem to be ignoring the fact that the internet makes it possible to acquire almost any piece of writing virtually instantly.
edit on 31-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Pretty simple, to me.

Go back and review the "old days".

There is much to be learned from it. In the old days, we had FIDO Boards, BBS's, dial ups.

They can maybe interfere with your networks and direct connects, but they can't interefere with your private FIDO boards and dial-ups.

Come on people, use your heads. If the "internet" were to go down, how else would you communicate?

You have wireless, you have dialups, use them! I am sure that people can come up with some excellent, up to date FIDO type boards with dial-up type connects with packet swapping type relays.

Totally private and totally access driven, much like ATS, on a per user basis. Don't like someone? Don't let them have access.

Simple.

And you can't be shut down.

Beautiful.

Revive the old days, you can do it!

This is the best. nonviolent type of revolt, and no one can tell you what to do, it is YOUR property. Create your OWN networks, and screw the major ISP providers.

Think.

Outside.

The.

Network.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join