It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Well Prepared For The Worst

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
In this enlightening Asia Times article, the author describes how Iran may be much better prepared for a battle in the Persian Gulf than most people realize. And they might even win- if events confine themselves to conventional warfare.

www.atimes.com...

Here are some excerpts:

According to the report published by the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA), "Iran, in particular, has been investing in new capabilities that could be used to deter, delay or prevent effective US military operations in the Persian Gulf. Iran's acquisitions of weapons that it could use to deny access to the Gulf, control the flow of oil and gas from the region, and conduct acts of aggression or coercion, are of grave concern to the United States and its security partners."

And has been for a long time, if you continue reading.

Attacking ships is not the only option available to Iran to disrupt oil supplies, according to Cronin. In a phone interview with Asia Times Online he said, "Forget about shutting down the Strait of Hormuz, you could hit the oil infrastructure in Saudi Arabia; that would have enormous impact."

And then the article goes on to describe a known military exercise:

Red received an ultimatum from Blue, essentially a surrender document, demanding a response within 24 hours. Thus warned of Blue's approach, Red used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of Blue's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a pre-emptive strike, Red launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed 16 warships.

This included one aircraft carrier, 10 cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of Blue's navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

Reminds me of the small boat attack on the USS Cole.

I think the world would have to accept a nuclear armed Iran. That's IF they are indeed pursuing them. And I still have not seen convincing evidence of that from anywhere. Not the IAEA or the US government.

But read the article in full, as it is if nothing else, an entertaining read.

And a reminder to the world that Iran might just be your worst nightmare if provoked far enough, all religion aside.

The problem for US forces is that any conflict in the Gulf is going to be extremely non-permissive. The environment will be filled with guided ballistic and cruise missiles, maritime swarming tactics, proxy forces equipped with G-RAMM, and the threat of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear (CBRN) attacks.

The fact that other countries are deploying anti-access capabilities is not news to the Pentagon. This month, it released a Joint Operational Access Concept report and noted many of the same anti-access/area-denial capabilities mentioned in the CSBA report.

edit on Mon Jan 30th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You are referring to the Millenium Challenge 2002 where red was clearly going to be the victor until they put massive restrictions on the program. Such as,

Red Force was ordered to turn on all his anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and Red Force was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore. They also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered that the location of Red Force units to be revealed.

So there you have it...a true victory?
edit on 30-1-2012 by superman2012 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All of that combined with the fact that they will have the 12th Imam; Mahdi fighting on their side...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why is this thread being ignored!? hahaha Where are the USA chanters?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
this is all following the plan set in motion by the NWO

start chapter 3 of world wars so we end up slaves in a godless world. I say we should not buy into the hype. TPTB just want a reason to have us kill each other, establish a world government and eliminate religion. I dont want to be a poor peasant with no civil liberties. Stop perpetual war now. If they ask you to help, smack them. It is time people. Too soon to take things into your hands, too late to change government. Get ready. by that I mean expect your government to use you to pull the trigger on your fellow man.

If you truly love Jesus, or Allah, or who ever, dont let another war begin in your names. Defy wrongful government. Dont deploy. Your constitution and your children's freedom depends on it.

Just look to the history of the NWO. This is the plan. Make a world war and then seize power. They will eliminate religion. They will eliminate civil liberties. They are lying to you. Dont be afraid. You will have a reason to be scared after the dust settles.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There's no doubt in my mind that Iran is well prepared for a conflict. At least one would hope so, considering all the rhetoric and saber rattling they have provoked in the past.
As the OP stated in a war fought with "conventional" weapons and tactics. I'm assuming they are referring to WMD's and such?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

has the 12 imam come out the well yet

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
People are really underestimating the capabilities of Iran.
Aside from the loss of millions of lives, i'm a bit intrigued that I get to witness a World War in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

has the 12 imam come out the well yet

Nah not as of yet, home renovation seems to have taken priority for the time being

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Is it interesting really? a world war means no constitution. secret police. No religion. no internet. no free media. one world government. endless poverty. slavery. rape, murder. firing squads. etc etc. if we are dumb enough to allow a world war, I would rather we all die, the future will be more painful and bleak. It will be horror. scared? or intrigued?

It is not a movie. If a nuke goes off anywhere in the world, that's it, we are then officially in a world war, and are officially under martial law. No libraries. No education. No nothing. It is serious. not cool.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronxbull

Is it interesting really? a world war means no constitution. secret police. No religion. no internet. no free media. one world government. endless poverty. slavery. rape, murder. firing squads. etc etc. if we are dumb enough to allow a world war, I would rather we all die, the future will be more painful and bleak. It will be horror. scared? or intrigued?

It is not a movie. If a nuke goes off anywhere in the world, that's it, we are then officially in a world war, and are officially under martial law. No libraries. No education. No nothing. It is serious. not cool.

Please understand my beliefs...This is apart of a very sinister agenda. I know what it entails. The war is ineluctable

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

NO I get it. I am just amazed how people can buy the 70+ years of endless wars of eminent doom we have been fighting. It is insane . the lies are always the same. While I think we are becoming wiser to the fact, we can't stress it enough. These people want to kill most of us and leave the rest as slaves. No religion, poverty, ignorance, and death. screw Iran, we should be in Washington in force, or at the least, no one show up to fight or support a lie of a war. WW3 is it. we can avoid it. TPTB have hit pot holes before. It can happen again. The human spirit will not allow us to live in that world. We would rather eat crap and die. We can stop them, if we refuse to help them.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bronxbull

if you refuse to help or obey by the rule makers, you will pretty much be labelled a terrorist. They dont need our help, our world is based around us depending on them.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We have been at war since the 1800s. Primates never change. Having a leader of seperate nations will only divide our world on earth.

The only way to stop war is a one world government, a one world currency. The UN isn't good enough.

Lets start living in space for all humans to help lessen the population so our animals can live here while we are using earth based resources. Space is vast without numbers for the popluation to live besides earth.

Imagine not worrying about a nuclear bomb dropping, an earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, a future ice age. Do you really want to keep applying rules on earth while living here, this is not our future to stay here on earth forever.

If everyone had access to space travel we can build a better world for discovery as space men/women. I'm so tired of living on earth. I would rather live my life traveling in space looking for new resources etc etc without worrying about a nuclear bomb or military soldiers trying to take over a nation with guns, tanks because of ego of pride for a false projection on true humanitys purpose.

edit on 30-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why is this thread being ignored!? hahaha Where are the USA chanters?

The USA chanters are around, but they are tired of telling everyone that Iran's defenses are no match for ours. Not if it really came down to it. It's just an article like that, and an exercise like that, might be making them think about it... a little more...

Nah. No use kidding myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

im sure a one world government will solve everyones problems in this world. Democracy has aswell, hasnt it?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

We have been at war since we existed.

I don't understand this need for people to timeline things, like it would matter anyway. Conflict is a major part of human behavior, and not only human for that matter, since you can actually see in anything that is living (one way or another).

People need to really start picking up some books, instead of watching crap like Jersey Shore, and start to learn some history. REAL history. And I don't mean those crap websites that "explain" history. Everyone should have the responsibility to learn history from various sources.

How someone talks about war refering to just a couple of centuries without realizing that major wars have been fought for thousands of years, is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
We have been at war since the 1800s. Primates never change. Having a leader of seperate nations will only divide our world on earth.

The only way to stop war is a one world government, a one world currency. The UN isn't good enough.

Human beings are not primates.
N naw, I like my soverignty.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Humans are primates. Take your nose out of the bible and educate yourself properly.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

your right Chimps and Apes are more civil

top topics

<<   2 >>

join