It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran War. How do you think it will lead to that and the possible outcome.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by seabag

Wise words. I have family members who died in Nam. I remember the pain. That was not a WAR...that was a weapons testing ground. The U.S. didn't even bomb Hanoi till the end. It was a JOKE that Politicians Micromanaged.

You are right about the Bull of the U.S. being spread thin. Split Infinity

"It was a JOKE that Politicians Micromanaged" actually it was the Communists
who started the PEACE movement
too weaken America,
and drive a wedge between the Govt. and the People.

Sound COMMUNIST DOCTRINE at the time,,
u know REvolution,, was the " IN " thing,,
no more WAR, ,,

only problem was " The American People And there Govt " started too agree,,
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE yea Beatles,,

So HANOI got the go a head from Russia, too head back too the PEACE CONFRENCE

and we know the rest of the story,,
and too this day Vietnam is still a divided COMMUNIST Country as predicted by Henry Kissenger and others,,
see Domino Effect Vietnam War.

and MacNamerra was an ASS.

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
NM....

PEACE
edit on 30-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Iran is the distraction. The means to an end. Nothing more.

I will elucidate.

The administration wants to pass more draconian measures. They want to eliminate more freedoms, increase reliance on government.

So they take a small nutweasel like Achmadinijad and tweak him. They povoke ("crash" a drone, embargos), and they threaten, ( ships in the Strait of Hormuz) and then they "react" to the threats of some weasel tinpot by passing laws to this perceived threat.

Don't get me wrong. Iran is a threat. Since we ignored the protestors in 2009, we have basically thrown the people of Iran under the bus. (Something Obama is very good at)

Their nuke program is a threat. Again, thanks Obama. Can't blame Bush for ignoring Iran this time!

But their potential to create harm to American interests is small. Smaller than the threat to Americans that the leaders would apply.

When Obama was campaigning, he stated (somewhere) that he'd like to see gas prices at 5.00/gallon.

Well, with this "threat" from a small idiot-led nation, we'll see it. And all the repercussions that stem from it. Higher costs (watch them sneak a gas tax in there somewhere) for all goods and services.

Just my humble opinion.

beez

edit on 30-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Bob...you know close to nothing about this so it's not right to mess with someone who lost family.
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine the United States losing a conventional war against Iran. I believe strongly that while China and Russia would not approve of such a war, they would also decline to intervene and escalate a conflict. Each will seek concessions closer to home. For the Russians, I believe that access to the US missile defense information that was given and access to a better Mediterranean port might work. As for China, I could imagine favorable settlements of claims in the South China Sea would be a good step. So, that removes the outside question.

If the United States gets bogged down in a guerilla fight against the whole of Iran, that's a nasty war that is unwinnable. Fortunately, the Iranian regime is not popular, and I believe the Arab Spring uprisings give insight to what the political solution might look like. I would be very surprised if insurgents are not currently now being trained, assisted, and armed, with the intent of taking down the regime of the theocracy and their urban gangs who essentially enforce order.

Overwhelming force will be used against nuclear sites and special operations will be employed, but the real attacks to be launched may not necessarily be conventional, but rather political and consist of these destabilization strategies. Should they fail, greater force becomes an option, but I think the deployment of these forces is not necessarily for a full-scale invasion, but as support for the smaller operations that would lead to a more desirable outcome for the American side.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Bob...you know close to nothing about this so it's not right to mess with someone who lost family.
Split Infinity

Dont be mad at Bob.
You lost family in Nam, sorry to hear , but Bob didnt make up the BS story of Tonkin.
Your Government did.
Now their making up more BS about Iran.

And your all jacked up about it. Dont blame Bob when America lose more family members.

Blame your Government.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Split Infinity

Dont be mad at Bob.
You lost family in Nam, sorry to hear , but Bob didnt make up the BS story of Tonkin.
Your Government did.
Now their making up more BS about Iran.

And your all jacked up about it. Dont blame Bob when America lose more family members.

Blame your Government.

I appoligize to your ancestors,,all ancestors, both sides, my appoligies,,
But let the dead look after the dead,, we who are alive, must not let vietnam,,who by the way wanted too abopt the American Constitution yes thats right,,
but France would not let them.
Figure that out,, its just all so tangled, and i know you lost a Dynasty, a Royal Vietnamese Dynasty which everyone forgets,, but that is past ,,everyone has lost something,, lets just not loose anymore Dogs of War,,
on all sides..

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't think it will come to that at all. It's all just a bunch of hype designed to allow the oil people to pump up gas prices on fear alone. If they went in and took the oil as claimed, they'd have to drop the prices, and there goes their artificially inflated profits.

Not gonna happen.

the kicker is that they are being helped in their efforts to spread fear (in order to artificially inflate prices based upon some non-existent "shortage" that the fear claims is coming... some time... ) by the very people who claim to be against the corporations. Way to go, guys! How 'bout for an encore you just sign over your first-born to them too?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Iran's Weaknesses

1) next to a body of water (Easier to invade)
2) not as technologically advanced as US
3) not sure if the strong allies will support them in a full out invasion

1.Why would it be easier to invade from water ?
We were right next to them in Iraq ?
(That should tell you we are not going into Iran)

2. No one KNOWS what the US has,but I will say this much,You can bet the World hasn't seen 1/10 of the advancements.........You dont spend like a drunken sailor,not to have an advantage.

Yes,Iran is light years behind.

3. Iran has NO allies.
None that are willing to go against the US,or its Allies.
Not unless they want full scale WW3.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
First off, I hope war does not happen between either side. Now some have gone on about the opposition being warmongers and bullies, but that is not the case. Iran has been given years to comply with the demands of the international community. That to me is a sign that Israel, the US, and whomever else is not very keen on going to war with Iran. Furthermore, it appears the initial strategy of getting in and getting out seems far fetched? The bunker busters may not penetrate far enough to destroy all of Iran's nuclear sites.

'US bunker-busters can't destroy some Iran nuke plants'

As far as I know, the bunker buster is the most powerful weapon in the US arsenal besides nuclear weapons. So, I don't know what the contingency is to address that potential shortcoming? I still believe the going wisdom continues to be a limited airstrike. How that will commence remains to be seen? However, I think the US is worried about getting bogged down in another land war. Iran went the distance with Iraq for eight long and grueling years. If I recall, Saddam Hussein was a friend of the West at the time and had access to advanced weapons technology. Something to think about.

In a conventional war if it should come down to that? The US would be able to defeat Iran. It is the unconventional aspect of war that will be Iran's fallback position. They have had a lot of practice in the art of unconventional warfare with their involvement in Iraq, and advising their proxies in Hezbollah and Hamas. Furthermore, they will activate their agents abroad to carry out attacks as well. They have done so in the past.

War with Iran is not going to be any easy feat by any stretch, and that is why the US and Israel is heavily weighing that option. They will be confronting an enemy who has had years to prepare for such an action. In other words, it could turn out to be a very long and grueling campaign. It is not so much about pros and cons, but who will have the endurance to see things through no matter how long it may take to accomplish objectives. My hope is Iran concedes to the demands laid out by the international community, and this war never happens. We shall see . . .
edit on 31-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

3. Iran has NO allies.
None that are willing to go against the US,or its Allies.
Not unless they want full scale WW3.

My thoughts on possible outcome.
Iran has allies , or they will have if they are attacked.
One thing Iran has to their advantage is their belief that they are under siege.
This will pull all Iranian,s and other ME countries to fight with them.
Not the conventional war that the US wants, but a dirty "blow back" terrorist war.
How can they fight a much superior force , such as the US?
They would be fighting for their country , their pride, their religion.
It would probably lead to attacks on the US soil. Then you should pray they dont have any "dirty nukes" because they will have their hand forced to use them.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You shouldn't use 'Globalfirepower.com' as a source, it doesn't give an accurate reflection of military power.
I get the feeling it is maintained by a child such is its inaccuracies.
Only a child or a complete idiot would think India has the 4th most powerful military in the world..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I think Albert Pike is quite dead on in he's letter to Giusseppe Mazzini. about what is going to take place in the middle east.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion...We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."3

Personally i dont think the US wants this war with Iran as much as Israel do. The US knows that Iran is not building a nuclear weapon, and Israel know this to. But what Israel fear is that Iran is building more and more accurate conventional missiles that can target Israels nuclear power plants, nuclear stockpile and chemical stockpiles.

Iran say they dont need a nuclear weapon to destroy Israel, and they are right. They dont need it. All Iran basically needs are precise conventional tipped missiles that can take out their targets within Israel. If Iran targets Israels Air force, nuclear power plants, nuclear and chemical stockpile. Israel is very much done. (If Iran does this; Israel will retaliate with their own nuclear strike on Iran). Iran know this to.

Because Iran has this capability to retaliate precise with their conventional missiles. Israel haven't dared to attack Iran yet. Israel want the US to attack Iran so that Iran will be forced to retaliate against the US instead of Israel.

But if you read Albert Pikes letter again, The war will happen because of political madness and not so much about Iran's nuclear ambitions. Iran's nuclear ambitions is a false flag. Just like the the US accusation against Iraq having WMD was.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think Iran will be the last straw for Russia and China. I think it will be WW3.

I dont see Iran attacking first but they may be forced to like Japan was because of the sanctions. I think Iran and the US are already at war its just not 'total war' yet

If it goes to WW3 I think the world will turn against the US. The US will be defeated and lose the place as the worlds most powerful superpower. Its easy to forget that Spain and Portugal dominated the world not that long ago. So much so that they divided the globe and agreed to half each. Look at em now. Then it was England that took over as Superpower thanks in large part to their pirates. Then after WW2 it was America's turn.

Superpowers rise and fall. Rome wasnt forever and neither is America.

China looks like they are ready to take over very soon.

Maybe Russia and China will split the globe down the middle after WW3/

Edit- The first thing Iran says they will do is target 32 American bases in the middle east. They seem worried at 'The Isreal Project'
Iran doesnt seem worried at all. They seem cocky if anything. They know Russia and then China will back them is what I am thinking, I would stay away from Persia if I was the United States military.
edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

www.theisraelproject.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

The first thing Iran says they will do is target 32 American bases in the middle east.

If this was a part of Iran's actual target list. I hardly doubt it would be mentioned in public. This is just political rhetoric. No one knows how Iran will react to a attack or what targets they really have their missiles aimed at.

But Iran does have the capability to strike these 32 targets. That is probably what the text is actually implying.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I am serious. I want to know what you think. More than two or three lines please. Give as much detail as you can.

You handicapped the odds at length, but you haven't explained why you think there will be a war. Neither side has anything to gain by escalating the conflict beyond its current state of economic and propaganda warfare. This situation can be maintained indefinitely. Why does everyone seem to think there will be an actual war?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yeah,I think they are just being smart ass's. They do seem cocky though.

And I think they are saying that they arent stupid. They know they can hurt America. They know they are not Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya. They still seem far too cocky to not be confident of the backing of Russia and maybe China in some form or another.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I expect this to happen, as we know that israel has been pushing for war with Iran for such a long time! When it finally does I believe this will further strain the world economy! I believe that this could lead to Nuclear strikes starting with one against the US navy and possibly Israel. Terrorist strikes against the US mainland, possibly nuclear! Any one of these will lead to escalation, possibly leading to limited nuclear war to all out war! At least leading to much death and destruction! I am so tired of living in a world run by apethetic fools who only care about themselves! I really hope that in the end Karma will bring justice to us all! We have been living in a world
where our selfishness will end up proving there is no survival for an unfit, uncooperative, humanity and the only true way we have to survive is through peace, sacrifice and unity! Though from where i am sitting i don't expect this to happen! I do expect us to destroy any trace of this thing we call civilization until we are all fighting each other for any scrapes of resources that are left! I expect that by the beginning of the third decade we will be a former shell of ourselves. Our populations will be in full decline. Wars will be the raging norm. Technology will be just a memory. The leadership factions will be underground hording any supplies, while the rest of us will be left to live off the only commodity that is left. Which is each other. This will be one of the most desperate periods in humanities existance and will lead to a world devoid of greed! I believe that we will have to destroy ourselves before we can finally realize what is required to live in a fruitful world where we have peace instead of war, pleantyful abundance instead of famine and cooperation instead of competition! It's sad that we can't just comprehend these truths without the consequences of our selfish apathy!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

In other words, you're hoping for the peace of the graveyard.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus

Nuclear Weapons will be used

I don't think that's a given. Not of the Hiroshima/Nagasaki scale anyway (now which country unleashed those? hmmm..).
I can see small 'tactical' strikes though. And an increase in global terrorism. Plus let's not forget that these days we have weapons which will paralyse the enemy but which won't rain death and destruction down on the senders country.
edit on 31-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join