It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

No! I'm sorry... You speak with such 'knowledge' and authority.
Not!

I can return the compliment then...lol

The anthropology yarn you are spinning is white man domination dogma.

Everything about it is totally fiction.

Please point those out would you? Oh and I'm part Choctaw

You've already mentioned Clovis, the land bridge, etc (the standard nonsense from the 70s.
).

Sorry I didn't mention Clovis in the post you quoted and what problem do you have with Beringia?
edit on 1/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its very sad to see people start to make attacks on this post , can we just speak of the issues here ..I agree with what you say as well about there bring two sides in the Science world , one side almost seeming to force the others from coming outright and saying hey we have several very old and unknown civilizations all around us .I mean i remember when they started talking about the underwater pyramids in Japan ,I though well this is it this will make them accept there are many old old cultures far older then what we consider old ..Sigh ...So many men of knowledge and Science who should be bringing us into the light seem to want to do nothing but keep us in the dark
edit on 1-2-2012 by essanance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Howdy Essanance

Originally posted by essanance

I agree with what you say as well about there bring two sides in the Science world , one side almost seeming to force the others from coming outright and saying hey we have several very old and unknown civilizations all around us .

Not really two sides, one really really big side and a tiny minority on the other. We are finding new cultures frequently.

I mean i remember when they started talking about the underwater pyramids in Japan ,I though well this is it this will make them accept there are many old old cultures far older then what we consider old ..Sigh ...So many men of knowledge and Science who should be bringing us into the light seem to want to do nothing but keep us in the dark

Because after scientists looked at it they realized it was a natural monuments, a small minority thought it might have been modified by man and a few think it was built by man

Science works by consensus

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Maybe they were "walled up" from the rising tides, pehaps just enough to let water flow over the walls and when it recieded, it left an abundance of fish for meals, not a bad idea considering how close to the water they are. Not need much ag. for a small colony like that.

That is a pretty good thought. It could be benficial in the survival forum.

It occured that possibly these were man-made "harbors", small, but able to facilitate smoother waters while processing their catches away from tides and waves. Also as a convienient landmark to traders. and possibly a deterent for alligators while working and cleaning their catches.
Well,after a few thousand years of living there they figured out that those big storms that come across the Atlantic will produce a storm surge.

Unlike today.

It must be a blind spot for all humans, wherever you are (in built stupidity gene).

We always build on the most stupid bit of land we can. Live in a low lying coastal area that suffers from earthquakes and storm surges? Build here by the sea!

New family to raise? Build a home here in this pestilence ridden low lying reclaimed swamp land surrounded by steep hills and lots of rain.......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
These cities that predate the pyramids always amaze me. They are like the ancient ancestors to our ancient ancestors. We know almost nothing of these people. A few years back they found a similar city in turkey called Göbekli Tepe, believe it was already talked about on ATS but here is a link.
www.thedailybeast.com...

They asked the same question: Did agraculture lead to the building of cities like this? What made large cities like this spring up? We were hunter gatherers for a very long time, what drew us to congregate. At the turkey site they found it was religious reasons that brought these people together. They would all gather at the site for a festival of sorts. Where as they always thought it was the basic need for survival that brought people together. Very interesting concept it's the exact opposite of what you would think brought people together.
Thanks OP s&f.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
These cities that predate the pyramids always amaze me. They are like the ancient ancestors to our ancient ancestors. We know almost nothing of these people.

Um, yes.

However, this doesn't predate the pyramids, as I and several others have stated in this thread.

Harte

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Civilization; in the sense of using agriculture and settled life, began on May 14th 10,432 BCE just after dawn when a guy named 'Urhe' got up and thought, damn I'm tiring to packing up and moving, my feet hurt.

Woman we are staying here - and I don't care about the smell...now get out there and gather some grass seeds for breakfast.

lol

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

These cities that predate the pyramids always amaze me. They are like the ancient ancestors to our ancient ancestors. We know almost nothing of these people.

Um, yes.

However, this doesn't predate the pyramids, as I and several others have stated in this thread.

Harte

Um.. Didn't have time to read the whole thread... Sorry. Göbekli Tepe does predate the pyramids though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Um, yes.

Harte

Um.. Didn't have time to read the whole thread... Sorry. Göbekli Tepe does predate the pyramids though.

Yes as do several hundred other sites. The use of 'older than the pyramids' is a rather empty statement

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
the planet is thousands and millions of years older then we think it is.
thats the thing about histiory and religion no matter how right somthing may seem it can aways turn out to be wrong

edit on 1-2-2012 by ninjas4321 because: mistake

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Um, yes.

Harte

Yes as do several hundred other sites. The use of 'older than the pyramids' is a rather empty statement

Not really sure why you felt necessary to comment. Wasn't really talking to you, and usualy I don't pay attention to troll's. But i'll humor you.
Seeing as you have dominated this thread by posting something every 5min, and calling out every member who's veiws don't match yours. It's rather pointless to point out someones "empty statement" with your own "empty statement". Congrats!! You have have single handedly de-railed the whole thread. No need to reply I got better things to do than sit around here all day.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
So they claim to come from sun people?

Also the natives never claim to come over the land bridge, they say the ant people helped them, whatever they are.

Calnorak, I found my copy of "Book of the Hopi" (1963) by Frank Waters. The Hopi also claim their father was the Sun. According to the Hopi, when the First and Second Worlds were destroyed, the Ant people helped save the Hopi ancestors by taking them underground.

The First World was destroyed by fire -- volcanos erupted, fire rained from the sky, etc.
The Second World was destroyed when the north & south poles reversed and the world froze over.
The Third World was destroyed by water -- flooding everywhere. The Hopi ancestors survived on reed rafts.

The Hopi claim that their ancestors did NOT come from the north over a land bridge. Instead their ancestors came from the west (Pacific) on rafts and then migrated north from Central America into what is now the SW US.

Contrast that with the Navajos who came from the north (probably over a land bridge).

The Hopi Bird Clans migrated east towards the Atlantic. There may be a connection with this village.
Very interesting.
edit on 1-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
reply to post by AuranVector

oh, sweet! things will get better. (im hopeful) its very relieving.

edit on 31-1-2012 by rainbowbear because: oops

I didn't say things get better. According to the Hindu system of yugas (ages) -- we are still at the beginning of Kali Yuga which is about 430,000 years long. (See "The Holy Science" by Sri Yukteswar). Sri Yukteswar wrote that by his calculations, the Dwapara subcycle (of Kali Yuga) started in the 1700's. This is a subcycle characterized by scientific & technological advancement and lasts a few thousand years.

Because Kali Yuga is an evil age where the majority have lost touch with true spirituality, the technology of the Dwapara subcycle is used in evil ways. Wars & enslavement.

If you look at the Hopi Prophecies, it's even more dire. They predicted the US will be destroyed by a nuclear war and turned into a radioactive wasteland. WW3 will be started by an ancient country "where the light was first seen" (i.e. India, China, Egypt, Palestine). My bet would be on Islamic extremists with nukes from Pakistan.

This reminded me of a dream I had a few months after 9-11. I dreamt that a large US city had been nuked and I can't even begin to describe the feeling of utter despair I felt in the dream. Let's hope this never happens.

AuranVector
edit on 1-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think it is most likely that this was actually Atlantis and that it went underwater but the island has now resurfaced

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

To comment on 'Europeans' never settling a place

They settled northern Europe which wasn't occupied by the Neanderthals, Iceland & Greenland. They also occupied and settled on a number of islands around the world that they were the first to get to; Azores, Falklands, etc
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Well, technically you are both wrong - and both right, in your own perspectives.It's a mix of the two...

Settling is a loaded term. But, metaphorically, let's just compare it to the sense it has when referring to murky water. The particulates of dirt are agitated and travel around, suspended in different levels of the water. Eventually, as agitation goes away, the particulates find a "home" so to speak...they settle. Now, when they were first agitated, they may or may not have been anywhere near where they have settled again. But, if any lake or ocean is an example, they will surely be agitated again, mixed around in the water and finally settle again. Repeat ad nauseum.

The truth is that all people are settlers. All are colonizers. All are locals, natives and foreigners. All you have to do is look within the correct time frame to get the corresponding nomenclature.

Specifically regarding your comment: Forget about the neanderthals. Prior to the arrival of Indo-Europeans in the European continent, there were already modern humans occupying the place. The Indo-Europeans started to arrive in waves from the Asian Steppes sometime around 3000-5000 BC if I'm not mistaken. There were already "pre-European" Europeans living there before what we call contemporary "Europeans" arrived. The only contingent, consanguine group of pre-Europeans identifiable to this day are the Basques. They represent the last unassimilated pre-European culture. Although, technically, they are quite assimilated because they do share religious believes, clothes, customs and many other features with the surrounding Europeans...just not the language. Although, even here we could say that some of this overlap of culture could be a result of the pre-Indo-European substrate (that is, those people living inEurope before the Europeans).

For example, see how different someone in England is from someone in the Ukraine and again someone in Iran and India...yet all those groups are Indo-Europeans...they're all related. And all of them are descendants of those that ventured out of a single homeland (probably still not the original even then) to "colonize" and "settle" new lands - some occupied, some not - to mix and match with other cultures and create the differences we see between the English, Ukrainians, Iranians and Indians, for example.

North and Meso-America are no different. There's a lot of overlap and moving around. Remember, the Navajo of Arizona only arrived in Arizona some 150 years or so before the Spanish got there, being "originally" from Alaska area. When the Europeans arrived to Colonize the Americas, the Meso-American cultures (specifically the Uto-Aztecans) were well on their way to colonizing the US South through expansion of culture and belief systems (mound building, language, agriculture, trade, etc.). The Europeans derailed that emergent Empire.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Sphota because: clarify something not meant as insult.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Despite all that, there is no evidence anywhere (yet found) of an advanced civilization. That is not to do down the accomplishments and way of life of the native inhabitants who were living as their forebears had done - that was advanced in its own way.

did you check out the Ancient Canal Builders site? www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...

The scale of the whole thing is bigger than our biggest accomplishments. I'm sure people will say "well gee, given enough manpower, people can do amazing things and maybe they had some other way of doing the work blah blah blah..." and my response to that is, that that is exactly the point- there were advanced types of technology and machinery way back then, when conventional science says people were living in caves, grunting at one another.

Take the Sphynx for example, erosion evidence proves without a doubt that it was constructed closer to twelve thousand years ago at the end of the last ice age when the area was a rainy savannah. Not only that but the temple in front of the Sphynx is built with huge stones that were cut out from the area around the body. To do work with this level of technological sophistication ( forget about why they were doing it) it takes more than sticks and vines. Even much more than that, there are physics involved- supposedly Egypt had only copper when the Sphynx/temple was supposedly built and even if they could build a diamond tipped copper drill bit and figure a way to spin it at tens of thousands of rpms and apply enough pressure to the tip, the copper would soften and deform. People with barely more than their bare hands can not accomplish the physical tasks necessary without machinery at least as sophisticated as ours today. There's really no way around it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Civilization; in the sense of using agriculture and settled life, began on May 14th 10,432 BCE just after dawn when a guy named 'Urhe' got up and thought, damn I'm tiring to packing up and moving, my feet hurt.

Woman we are staying here - and I don't care about the smell...now get out there and gather some grass seeds for breakfast.

lol

"settled life"
that's funny. They did a little more than gather seeds for breakfast and if you don't know what I am talking about, you most likely are a troll.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
well the timeline of Meso American civilization keeps getting pushed back everyday
we know the megalithic ruins of Tiahuanaco and surrounding areas are at least 12,000 years old, it isn't hard for me to believe given that, that there were people in North America building villages at that same time

Not really, we are just finding out now that the Meso American's weren't the first.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Check out the link:

videos.howstuffworks.com... ence-channel/29224-what-the-ancients-knew-ancient-egyptian-drill-video.htm

This should demonstrate that the Egyptians were more than capable of drilling. Using fulcrums, levers and pulleys all sorts can be achieved in terms of engineering, sometimes with minimum effort.

I certainly believe the ancients were far more capable than we usually give them credit for but don't expect to find any power drills in any tombs anywhere (unless grave robbers got there first).

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

page not found

pulleys fulcrums and levers are one thing but to do the scale of work these guys did the pulleys fulcrums, levers and drill bits had to be made of some material much stronger than wood. There really is no way around it. You're ignoring the physics involved.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join