It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
A pre-clovis civilization? Interesting. I would be willing to bet that the settlement was from Europeans.

Just my simple thoughts.

Very, very simple thoughts indeed!

This is Georgia coast, in North A-M-E-R-I-C-A... not the French north coast in Europe!

Where didja took your geography classes, in a cereal box surprise? A KKK convention?

This is *genius* beyond anything I can barely imagine!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Unbelievable I live In Darien, GA and go to Sapelo every sunday in the spring and summer to go to the beach. Thats incredible.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well, This is neat.

Any supposedly predates the pyramids because although we like to believe we have a clue, we really have no idea when they were built.

This brings up a lot of interesting questions that are mentioned in the article, like does it take agriculture to make a civilization? Or, was there a civilization we were unaware of that lived in North America at the time?

As I said a lot of interesting questions get brought up with this discovery., So I thought I would bring it here to share with all of you and get others opinions on the matter.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Yes, well they were called the Annunaki in Sumeria and the Anakim in ancient Israel. They were extraterrestrial and had ships and transported workers ALL OVER THE GLOBE in order to build their cities and pyramidal temples so the people could worship them as gods. Only they aren't gods... simply an alien race who desired to subjugate us some 26,000 years ago. The annunaki also manipulated our DNA to make us more intelligent or something to that effect. They were also supposed to have mixed their DNA with ours. I'm not sure I believe all of that about their deigning to mix with such an "inferior" race, as we were still hunter gatherers 26,000 years ago.

The only thing I'm really NOT certain of, after extensive research, is WHEN they left the earth, and WHY they left the grays after attempting to poison them and failed, the grays whom we call "aliens" were created here on earth where many still live in underground caverns and also on our moon. The grays were apparently designed by the Annunaki to be our overseers and help with the worker humans. They just want to be left alone to work on their amazing technologies. SOME of them do indeed work with human scientists as well.

We HAVE a secret Space Navy and can take E.T. home now. I do believe that it was help from the grays that enabled us to survive the radiation in space on our own first moon adventures.

Unfortunately, I met some when I was just 12. NOT a pleasant experience...
edit on 31-1-2012 by maceov because: Left something out

edit on 31-1-2012 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You got the idea from the Georgia guide stones thread. I asked the question of WHY Georgia and the googled ancient georgia and came across what you posted a day later.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maceov

Well, This is neat.

Any supposedly predates the pyramids because although we like to believe we have a clue, we really have no idea when they were built.

This brings up a lot of interesting questions that are mentioned in the article, like does it take agriculture to make a civilization? Or, was there a civilization we were unaware of that lived in North America at the time?

As I said a lot of interesting questions get brought up with this discovery., So I thought I would bring it here to share with all of you and get others opinions on the matter.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Yes, well they were called the Annunaki in Sumeria and the Anakim in ancient Israel. They were extraterrestrial and had ships and transported workers ALL OVER THE GLOBE in order to build their cities and pyramidal temples so the people could worship them as gods. Only they aren't gods... simply an alien race who desired to subjugate us some 26,000 years ago. The annunaki also manipulated our DNA to make us more intelligent or something to that effect. They were also supposed to have mixed their DNA with ours. I'm not sure I believe all of that about their deigning to mix with such an "inferior" race, as we were still hunter gatherers 26,000 years ago.

The only thing I'm really NOT certain of, after extensive research, is WHEN they left the earth, and WHY they left the grays after attempting to poison them and failed, the grays whom we call "aliens" were created here on earth where many still live in underground caverns and also on our moon. The grays were apparently designed by the Annunaki to be our overseers and help with the worker humans. They just want to be left alone to work on their amazing technologies. SOME of them do indeed work with human scientists as well.

We HAVE a secret Space Navy and can take E.T. home now. I do believe that it was help from the grays that enabled us to survive the radiation in space on our own first moon adventures.

Unfortunately, I met some when I was just 12. NOT a pleasant experience...
edit on 31-1-2012 by maceov because: Left something out

edit on 31-1-2012 by maceov because: (no reason given)

and 99% of everything you just said could never be brought to court, let alone be judged as correct

love when i see people post stuff like this as if its so true...then post no proof with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Any other source other than the Examiner?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

By Modern day standards perhaps. You know they probably did not have 500 meter high sky scrapers then either.
I do wonder what causes a living area to be called a city now though.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

Six hours southeast of Atlanta off the Georgia coast on Sapelo Island, archaeologists have unearthed the remains of an ancient walled city which predates the construction of Egypt's pyramids. Known as the Sapelo Shell Ring Complex, this ancient city was constructed around 2300 B.C. and featured three neighborhoods each surrounded by circular walls twenty feet in height constructed from tons of seashells. Some of the earliest pottery in North America was also found buried in the remains of this lost city.

The site is quite an enigma because at the time of its construction the Native Americans living in the area were simple hunters and gatherers who had yet to invent agriculture. Many scholars believe agriculture is a prerequisite for civilization. Did these simple tribal people somehow make the leap from hunting-and-gathering to civilization in a single bound producing not only a walled city but also the new technology of pottery without the benefit of agriculture? Or did an already civilized people arrive on the coast of Georgia from elsewhere and, if so, where did they come from and why?

Well, This is neat.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

This is nice, I think they where from somewhere else and settled here. It's starting to more and more point to an ancient maritime civilization existing before the cataclysm.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
While reading this it came to mind that I've seen information on Atlantis (if it existed) being located off the west coast of America, around the Georgia/Florida area. Interesting, dunno if it means anything for sure though. Lol (:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

By Modern day standards perhaps. You know they probably did not have 500 meter high sky scrapers then either.
I do wonder what causes a living area to be called a city now though.

In the UK it's whether it has a cathedral I believe.

Of course people would be spread all over they were nomadic back then, using slash and burn or whatever it's called to grow crops and move with the animals.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...

Thanks for the link that is some very interesting stuff!

Canal Complexes in America ..................... This site is a review of evidence that will forever change the history of North America, shifting our view from what we think we know about America to a whole new and radically different perspective of pre-historic civilizations on the North American continent.

www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
[more
Interesting find there, but that looks like several little hamlet's not a city.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Maybe they were "walled up" from the rising tides, pehaps just enough to let water flow over the walls and when it recieded, it left an abundance of fish for meals, not a bad idea considering how close to the water they are. Not need much ag. for a small colony like that.

That is a pretty good thought. It could be benficial in the survival forum.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Maybe they were "walled up" from the rising tides, pehaps just enough to let water flow over the walls and when it recieded, it left an abundance of fish for meals, not a bad idea considering how close to the water they are. Not need much ag. for a small colony like that.

That is a pretty good thought. It could be benficial in the survival forum.

Well,after a few thousand years of living there they figured out that those big storms that come across the Atlantic will produce a storm surge.

Unlike today.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What I love about these finds is how people are often amazed at the idea that First Nation People are capable of anything like 'civilization' and that these surely must be flukes or done by some other people. I'm suprise people arn't saying Chaco Canyon was done by a mysterious group of Vikings or Celts. Sure, others visited here, but they arn't responsible for everything that is found.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is truly amazing information. Even here in South Africa we have recently discovered rock formations from ancient settlements pre-dating the Pyramids as well. Stonehenge formations otherwise now known as the "Adams Calender". I was on the site where this discovery was made and I for one could feel something special about it.

There is so much people are not telling us about our past ancestors which I am now 100% sure they know all about

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Nice find. Funny though time is not as we teach it. Read the Urantia book

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gymbeau2000

Sorry, did i deny any evidence of town building?

All i said was it wasn't evidence they were more advanced than Egypt. And to be honest, i still believe that as it is fact.

I also believe that some settlers could have arrived by boat. Thor Heyerdahl effectively proved this in the 1970's on reed rafts - he actually demonstrated that leaving Europe / North Africa it is very difficult NOT to be carried over to America.

Despite all that, there is no evidence anywhere (yet found) of an advanced civilization. That is not to do down the accomplishments and way of life of the native inhabitants who were living as their forebears had done - that was advanced in its own way.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

A secret space navy? Genius!!

Sorry but that is sooooo funny! And so far off topic but frankly very funny so that doesn't matter

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join