It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
mods, can you delete my link on page 1? several complaints of virus (my system didn't detect)
won't let me edit at this point

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

i agree with you about the irony of it all.

The reason why it is SO important seek truth about our past, is so that we can know our future.
This is the same reason history is always being corrupted.

To say it is trivial is to say, we will buy into any future that seems better than what we had. Nevermind that possibly there was a much more civil (dare I say religious) way to live than now. Id say we seem pretty savage these days. There will always be the carrot of Utopia on the stick of ignorance to lead the people this way and that.....its happening today.

I believe it is due to a disconnection with our past.

It is an appeal to authoritiy to take historical "facts" as truth. Like we need experts to tell us that people have ALWAYS used boats, and ALWAYS used trade. It is Holmbergs Mistake, that the entire Enviornmental Movement is based on, and so it is based on myth. The decisions that shape our future are rooted in the past. It is your duty as a critical thinker to challenge that.

Its about being the gatekeepers to truth, where the ultimate power is held.

I guess we shall see.

edit on 31-1-2012 by rainbowbear because: oops

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

To say it is trivial is to say, we will buy into any future that seems better than what we had. Nevermind that possibly there was a much more civil (dare I say religious) way to live than now.

This is the most peaceful time in human history. Small tribal groups tend to raid one another, up to 40% of the male population dying from violence in such societies.

Example 2-300 people today die in organize violence (war) in ww II it was 35,000 a day

Anyone can read about our past as we presently understand it - why would disconnection from this cause x or y problem?

It is an appeal to authoritiy to take historical "facts" as truth. Like we need experts to tell us that people have ALWAYS used boats, and ALWAYS used trade.

No, at some point we didn't have boats and or trade, those are technologies we slowly developed. Give one guy a root in exchange for sharp rock is somewhat different than sending silk from China to Rome, just a tad more complex

Oh and who are 'they' and what are they hiding?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You know, your cup seems a little full for this conversation.

Are you asking me "who" as a way to seek knowledge? or to prove something? I fail to see the point. From your angle, there is much ado about nothing.

Damn, H. At least I have questions!

You know who. Dont be a fool.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Are you asking me "who" as a way to seek knowledge? or to prove something? I fail to see the point. From your angle, there is much ado about nothing.

Because I usually get:

1. Reptiles
2. Da Joos
3. Illuminati
4. "Elites'
5. TPTB
6. Banksters
7. The Devil and his friends
8. Annunaki
9. ....other....

One needs to know where you are coming from, do any of these apply or do you associate 'them' with some other group?

Damn, H. At least I have questions!

You also use meaningles cliches - which require some definition and clarification

You know who. Dont be a fool.

Ah, so you assume I have psi powers and tell what your world view is by remote viewing, sorry I cannot. Could you please enlighten me as to whom you consider 'who'

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
older than the pyramids...doubt it!

why not call them 901001010010010010101010101010100100000000000000 yrs old and draw a dinosaur in crayon..
sheesh

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Because I usually get:

1. Reptiles
2. Da Joos
3. Illuminati
4. "Elites'
5. TPTB
6. Banksters
7. The Devil and his friends
8. Annunaki
9. ....other....

you forgot "black egyptians"

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like what we did in Europe. These are not depressions but dykes. Very primitive walls to keep predators out and/or enemies.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
reply to post by kdog1982

The article says that the walls were twenty feet in height. Those two types of walls aren't the same.

Ah,yes they are.

About two dozen shell mounds have been found in South Carolina. Another two dozen rings are in Georgia, and a handful of others have been located in Florida and Mississippi. The Fig Island complex features one ring with the largest open interior plaza (slightly more than an acre), another ring with the smallest plaza (about the area of a basketball court) and the largest mound by volume of any of the known shell enclosures. The oyster shells brought to Fig Island to build the mounds would fill 12 Olympic-size swimming pools. Russo and Rebecca Saunders mappedmounds ranging from 5 to 20 feet high and, using carbon dating, they found shells from 3,800 to 4,200 years old. Some experts speculate that the mounds formed as refuse piles when natives built temporary homes along the coast. Others see them as ceremonial structures for special occasions, not everyday living. Russo leans toward the latter, pointing to the large shell pieces found throughout many rings. If the mounds had served as daily refuse piles, they would have been built slowly and shells would have been broken more often. But if they were built during large ceremonial gatherings, shells would have been piled on quickly, causing less breakage.

www.stonepages.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just for you H,

you know. it dosnt matter what I, or you think, H. Were free to have our own understanding. And this is mine.

What matters is what the people in control think, and this is where Im going to use a most broad label and just call them elites. I understand that there are multiple answers to whom "they" are, but H--our individual perceptions on who is what are exactly that--so theres no sense in getting hung up on that. It really matters that there-are a groups of 2s who are 6, and 5....anyway, it really dosent matter what i think....some of these 4s really do believe in 1s. the point is that 4s fund digs, museums, and Universities--They are also happen to be TPTB out of default, and they are hiding proof and knowledge of humanities greatest source of power in the artifacts and control of dissemination of info(history). That is to say the oneness-and differences--with people of all creeds and cultures. Roots. Its divide and conqure, and our freedom is a stake.

This aint no kumbaya lecture, H. this is some deep rooted mental stuff that 90% of humanity suffers from. You may be in denile of this, but thats normal. and pardon me, but cliche or not, these are the signs of the times, buddy. Have a sense of humor at least--i find the cliches funny, myself. so ironic.

And damnit! Dont take what I say, Just gaze around...

Yes, it seems you still have a lot of trust in the way things appear to be outwardly, so please dont expect another response from me. like I said--you seem to already know!

edit on 31-1-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
So they claim to come from sun people?

Also the natives never claim to come over the land bridge, they say the ant people helped them, whatever they are.

Very interesting. Didn't the Hopis also receive help from the "Ant People" when one of the previous "worlds" was destroyed? I wonder if there's a connection? The east coast is a long way from the Southwest.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thanks, Predator0187, for the OP -- fascinating info.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I have only just begun to dig into the modern authority of the Book of the Hopi Epoch--Frank Waters....he is how most of us know the stories....

Anyone ever look into Waters? I know he was nominated for a few Nobels and was under some Rockefeller grants at one time...

Good topic for new thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by jennybee35

i agree with you about the irony of it all.

The reason why it is SO important seek truth about our past, is so that we can know our future.
This is the same reason history is always being corrupted.

To say it is trivial is to say, we will buy into any future that seems better than what we had. Nevermind that possibly there was a much more civil (dare I say religious) way to live than now. Id say we seem pretty savage these days. There will always be the carrot of Utopia on the stick of ignorance to lead the people this way and that.....its happening today.

It is an appeal to authoritiy to take historical "facts" as truth. Like we need experts to tell us that people have ALWAYS used boats, and ALWAYS used trade. It is Holmbergs Mistake, that the entire Enviornmental Movement is based on, and so it is based on myth. The decisions that shape our future are rooted in the past. It is your duty as a critical thinker to challenge that.

I guess we shall see.

Rainbowbear, humankind is missing almost all of its history (probably more than 99% of it), but the reason our present era is so evil is because we are living in "Kali Yuga" (the Dwapara subcycle of the larger Kali Yuga), a time where the MAJORITY of people are ignorant of true spirituality and a time where the abuse of sex (which leads to individual & social problems) is rampant.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I have only just begun to dig into the modern authority of the Book of the Hopi Epoch--Frank Waters....he is how most of us know the stories....

Anyone ever look into Waters? I know he was nominated for a few Nobels and was under some Rockefeller grants at one time...

Good topic for new thread.

I have an old copy of "The Book of the Hopi" somewhere around here -- it's been a while since I read it.
I can't believe there haven't been ATS threads on the book before. I haven't looked for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yeah, its time we fact checked Waters....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

oh, sweet! things will get better. (im hopeful) its very relieving.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply

I'm always interested in why people think there are hidden 'elites; controlling the world especially somehow contoling archaeology worldwide over generations.

They are also happen to be TPTB out of default, and they are hiding proof and knowledge of humanities greatest source of power in the artifacts and control of dissemination of info(history).

But that is the problem how can they do that without anyone knowing about it? How did they control the Aztecs, Chinese and Muslims at the same time? How did they control what was found by looters in 17th century to now - it must be quite an organization!

Yes, it seems you still have a lot of trust in the way things appear to be outwardly, so please dont expect another response from me. like I said--you seem to already know!

....but I don't know that is why I ask and oddly I never get a detailed answer, but we thank you anyway

edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Unbelievable I live In Darien, GA and go to Sapelo every sunday in the spring and summer to go to the beach. Thats incredible.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrCipher
Yet another piece of evidence illustrating that we still have a lot to learn about our own past. Nice find

I was thinking much the same thing.

Just more evidence that the more we learn, the less we know. I dont want to speculate at all, I'd rather wait for the evidence to speak for itself.

For the OP, great find

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join