It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz

Actually this isn't 100% confirmed. There are speculations that homo sapiens who inhabited Polynesia could get to America, sailing nearby the islands like Hawaii,Guam and Iwo Jima, many years before bering land bridge had been created.

The Polynesians were late to the game, they didn't arrive in the eastern pacific until well over 10,000+ years after the people who would become the Native Americans crossed the bridge or boated down the coast

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The article says that the walls were twenty feet in height. Those two types of walls aren't the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I love this topic

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
sorry I don't have a source at hand (computer limitations) but supposedly there are Indian stories of a previous people, dubbed by Manly Wade Wellman 'Shonokins'. legend has it they survive in the back country of Kentucky and West Virginia.

ah, link. www.gwthomas.org...
edit on 30-1-2012 by works4dhs because: add link

Your link tried to put a Trojan on my computer

EDIT: You can remove this, someone already mentioned it.
edit on 31-1-2012 by pinkplusfloyd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is very interesting! Thanks for the information, in particular, on the Yuchi. I have never heard of them, off to do research now!

Thanks...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
This along with many other discoveries simply proves that what we take as given history is anything but. History is closely guarded without a doubt and I believe that civilization has been as advanced (maybe even more advanced) then we are today.

Right.

We can all look forward to the day, no doubt in the far distant future, when Mankind has progressed to a state "advanced" enough for us to live in dirt-floor homes built of piles of seashells.

There is nothing about this site that indicates anything new at all concerning what is known (or was already known) about the history of North America.

Harte

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I recently read a book about ancient civilizations and the many signs pointing to how long we've really been around.

Apparently, for reasons unknown to myself or the athors of the book, mainstream science maintains that 50,000 years ago we were grunting, running around with loin cloths and hitting each other with clubs.

There are many sites around the world that point to there being established civilizations, going back as far as hundreds of thousands of years. It is also believed that mankind has developed several times already, and due to natural calamities, keep having to "restart" so to speak.

It makes sense when you look around and realize how fragile our whole existence is, and how quickly we could be thrust back into the dark ages, where most wouldnt survive.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

we must maintain the illusion of progress at any cost.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Hanslune

Why is it so difficult to believe that intelligent life only evolved on this planet once in the four and a half billion years of Earth's existence...and that in the last ten thousand years?

Maybe it's cuz it is so laughable?

If you open your eyes, you might see that life (on this planet) is pervasive. It occupies every single nook and cranny available.

Do you REALLY think we are the first dominant (predator
) species to evolve on this planet?

Please guys, the 'Clovis' thing, the Alaska 'land bridge' thing?

That is a totally ethnocentric viewpoint NOT supported by the physical facts.

Oh it's supported by 'DNA evidence'... Well then, it HAS to be right! Not!

Yeah, the entire planet was a bunch of simple, sometimes almost tool less, primitives until this current technology development cycle... That despite countless examples of advanced cities and artifacts, all suppressed to support the current idiotic 'school of thought'.

With no disrespect to the OP and the original author, to try to get a handle on a more realistic timeline, you need to look in the direction pointed out by the Great Velikovsky.

If you take into account not the single cataclysmic event, but dual cataclysms, suddenly the pieces of anthropology, history, physics and astrophysics (not to mention the state of the planet), start to make sense.

And maybe you get a hint at how valuable this 'lost' tribes first hand cultural accounts of tales of cataclysm might actually be.

Here is a hint to all you armchair anthropologists...

The Earth is NOT the same as it was in the 'past'. Great sections of the Earth are under water that used to be dry land... Sections that are dry land USED to be under water.

Siberia used to be tropical... Hence the 'Woolly Mammoths'... Despite an excellent animated docu-drama... Not an Ice Age creature!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Wasn't speaking about this site specifically though I can see it could have been taken that way. What I meant was discoveries such as these in present day which has escaped us for many years. Because of technology and the general mapping throughout the decades many believe that our history as is it taught now is the end all, when discoveries such as these force us to question whether we have it all figured out. Sorry for the confusion.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I love agriculture.

I think we humans are designed for agricultural life, not city life. The most beautiful societies were the agricultural ones in my opinion. Like the Japanese mountains villages.

I wish I could go back in time. I am sick of modern day.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Ok, then all I can say is that I can respect your opinion, although I disagree. Personally I think it's quite obvious (to those that take the time to research) that humanity has been controlled and guided for quite sometime now by elites that have certain agendas in mind. What I don't like is how much you come off as a condescending know it all prick in trying to explain your view. Believe what you will I could care less.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Apparently, for reasons unknown to myself or the athors of the book, mainstream science maintains that 50,000 years ago we were grunting, running around with loin cloths and hitting each other with clubs.

How do 'they' maintain this; grunting? Probably some people back then did that but most were busy seeking food and shelter. Yep some wore loin clothes, as do so people today. Yes some did hit others with clubs - we have the evidence that we did, but today we still do that, why are you so amazed at this?

There are many sites around the world that point to there being established civilizations, going back as far as hundreds of thousands of years.

Oh really' explain what an established civilization is. HSS has probably existed for 200,000 years but AFAWK did develop any 'civilizations'

It is also believed that mankind has developed several times already, and due to natural calamities, keep having to "restart" so to speak.

That's the belief but the evidence doesn't support it

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Ok, then all I can say is that I can respect your opinion, although I disagree. Personally I think it's quite obvious (to those that take the time to research) that humanity has been controlled and guided for quite sometime now by elites that have certain agendas in mind.

Only to those who have a very limited understanding of human history, politics and motivations - it is much supportable to say that we are our own enemies, there is no Devil or secret groups plotting against us

What I don't like is how much you come off as a condescending know it all prick in trying to explain your view. Believe what you will I could care less.

It pretty easy to counter the idea of a world controlled by mysterious elites - who oddly never actually are able to take over despite their assigned vast intelligence and thousands of years of practice - go figure

Oh you didn't explain why they would 'hide' history -wouldn't it fit their evil agenda to show how human society has failed, repeatedly and it would be better to go to one world government to avoid this in the future?
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
I love agriculture.

I think we humans are designed for agricultural life, not city life. The most beautiful societies were the agricultural ones in my opinion. Like the Japanese mountains villages.

I wish I could go back in time. I am sick of modern day.

Or the hill villages of Nepal, the fishing villages on the Mekong, etc an earlier life does have it charms but at the first infection, tooth ache or death of your wife and child in childbirth might change your mind.

How charming and alluring this was can be seen in the number of Europeans in the 18-19th century who went 'native' when encountering the Polynesian and Asian worlds

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Exactly my point. This article talks about these people making the walled towns at 12,000 BCE and your saying land bridge crossing was at 15000 BCE. That's 3000 years! All of American history happened in less than 300 years and all of the Christian era in 2000! Just imagine how many things happened in the Americas in that 3000 year gap. Civilizations rising and falling, tech advances and fall backs (like the Dark Ages in Europe). So to doubt that people could come from the land bridge in Alaska, cross America and then develop towns like this is crazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

we must maintain the illusion of progress at any cost.

Why? And what about all the third world societies were this isn't happening?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

OUTSTANDING post!! I agree with every word, golemina.

It is refreshing to see that there are others who realize that is is impossible for current humans to know every moment of our history since the beginning of time. To believe that we know all there is to know about our distant past is so arrogant as to be breathtaking.

Why, we don't even have our RECENT past correct.....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is just poor journalism, poor archaeology and a poor excuse for a thread. A bare minimum of research beyond the highly suspect Lost World site makes it very clear that the hunter gatherers of the Late Archaic period were perfectly capable of and often did make these large shell middens. www.georgiaencyclopedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Here is a hint to all you armchair anthropologists...

The Earth is NOT the same as it was in the 'past'. Great sections of the Earth are under water that used to be dry land... Sections that are dry land USED to be under water.

No Kidding. It's called PLATE TECTONICS. Even a basic understanding of that explains Earth changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join