It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Walled City, Older than Egypt's Pyramids, Unearthed off US Georgia Coast

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

Originally posted by Hanslune

Show evidence of the Greeks reading that book by name, please

show evidence that the greeks read zoroaster? are you for real? what does wiki on zoroaster say? greeks plagiaring him? if they are in general then its logical to me that yima would not be exempt. its the foundation story after all. its my opinion. yours will always be the opposite but so what. wasting time.

yes it is stunning that you wrote that, now are you going to explain it or shall we just cast it away?

and who are you again? demanding what of me? you really mean you've never heard of the hidden circles of ra? and enkis bolts? really? harte? thought you were all experts.

Sorry, I've been offline for a few days.

The flood in an underworld lake of fire is a flood in an underworld lake of fire, not the sinking of some continent or archipelago. We've talked about this before.

Will you now list other stories that involve floods and claim they are Atlantis?

Regarding the Greeks and Zoroaster,:

Almost all Zoroastrian pseudepigrapha is now lost, and of the attested texts—with only one exception—only fragments have survived. Pliny's 2nd or 3rd century attribution of "two million lines" to Zoroaster suggest that (even if exaggeration and duplicates are taken into consideration) a formidable pseudepigraphic corpus once existed at the Library of Alexandria. This corpus can safely be assumed to be pseudepigrapha because no one before Pliny refers to literature by "Zoroaster,"[35] and on the authority of the 2nd century Galen of Pergamon and from a 6th century commentator on Aristotle it is known that the acquisition policies of well-endowed royal libraries created a market for fabricating manuscripts of famous and ancient authors.[35]

No one before Pliny mentions him.

As far as Plato plagiarizing him, since it was brought up, here's what wiki says:

Among the named works attributed to "Zoroaster" is a treatise On Nature (Peri physeos), which appears to have originally constituted four volumes (i.e. papyrus rolls). The framework is a retelling of Plato's Myth of Er, with Zoroaster taking the place of the original hero. While Porphyry imagined Pythagoras listening to Zoroaster's discourse, On Nature has the sun in middle position, which was how it was understood in the 3rd century. In contrast, Plato's 4th century BCE version had the sun in second place above the moon. Ironically, Colotes accused Plato of plagiarizing Zoroaster,[38][39] and Heraclides Ponticus wrote a text titled Zoroaster based on (what the author considered) "Zoroastrian" philosophy in order to express his disagreement with Plato on natural philosophy.[40]

Source for both excerpts: Wiki Page
Note the use of the word "ironically."

That word is used because it seems Plato's work actually predated the Zoroastrian "On Nature" that Colotes later accused Plato of plagiarizing.

Sorry, nothing there to support your view.

You might know of better information, though. If so, please link me to it.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

...and then they flew over to South America to teach them how to do it right?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Probably not, but maybe they put a few notes and tips on working in stone on a pottery sherd, placed it in a jar, sealed it and threw it in the ocean....and prayed.

or

Those southern native Americans were clever chaps and figured it out by themselves
edit on 6/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Probably not, but maybe they put a few notes and tips on working in stone on a pottery sherd, placed it in a jar, sealed it and threw it in the ocean....and prayed.

or

Those southern native Americans were clever chaps and figured it out by themselves
edit on 6/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

right, because pyramids were in vogue back then.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Easiest and fastest way to raise a platform that can be observed from ground level is to build a pyramid shaped mound

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Easiest and fastest way to raise a platform that can be observed from ground level is to build a pyramid shaped mound

I guess oversimplification is en vogue now.

There is so much more involved than just that. The math involved is thousands of years ahead of its time so don't try to downplay them as haphazardly plopping the stones together using a bunch of sand as fill. Even the coastal dwellings and the rest of the canal/harbor/foundation constructions up and down the US East Coast and Gulf, they make the Panama Canal look like amateur hour.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I guess oversimplification is en vogue now.

No just reality is always in vogue

There is so much more involved than just that. The math involved is thousands of years ahead of its time

How did you determine that? Can you provide a yardstick on when mathematicals should develop - according to you? Seriously what does that mean?

so don't try to downplay them as haphazardly plopping the stones together using a bunch of sand as fill. Even the coastal dwellings and the rest of the canal/harbor/foundation constructions up and down the US East Coast and Gulf, they make the Panama Canal look like amateur hour.

I understand you believe there are constructions there but then others do not. Mounds are very easy to build and can be done by common sense and a good eye for proportion.
edit on 7/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just another strange event coinciding with the Illumnati Card Game.

Hidden City Illumnati card game

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I ams ur there are many other ancient undiscovered and undug secrets hiding from the masses

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't believe it to be outside of the realm of possibilities that the settlers may very well be survivors of the cataclysm that sunk the continent of Atlantis. It is said that knowledge of agriculture and advanced technical skills were among the contributions that many cultures inherited.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyleo
I don't believe it to be outside of the realm of possibilities that the settlers may very well be survivors of the cataclysm that sunk the continent of Atlantis. It is said that knowledge of agriculture and advanced technical skills were among the contributions that many cultures inherited.

Howdy ladyleo

Its an interesting speculation but doesn't explain why domestication would occur at such widely different times, if the 'survivors', all spread over the world after one event. Who taught the people of Southwest Asia rice cultivation? The fact that these survivors and their alleged culture left no evidence of their existence rather complicates the scenario also....plus one has to think, who taught them?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary

Originally posted by LostWorldsORG
reply to post by predator0187

... So I decided to take a more typical sensationalist approach I see in mainstream media every day. Looks like it worked because tens of thousands of people have now seen this story and shared it on facebook, etc. I've written this same article multiple times but no one was interested when the headline read "shell ring"....I think a grand total of 30 people read it. But call it "ancient walled city" and people click on the headline and read it. This has been very educational for me.

i found this staement to be extremely amusing. i guess p.t.barnum really had it right. though it might seem sadly telling about the present state of intellectual life on this planet it really shows that we humans are not so different from the 'lower' animals. we also like 'bright and shiny' objects that stimulte our curiousitly.

thanks op for bring this to our attention; all new to me and worthy of more reflection.

Well, the highest prize in journalism is named after the guy who invented yellow journalism.

If it bleeds it leads, damn the facts and full speed ahead with alarmist or sensationalized garbage.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Well, the highest prize in journalism is named after the guy who invented yellow journalism.

If it bleeds it leads, damn the facts and full speed ahead with alarmist or sensationalized garbage.

That unfortunately also applies to much of what we see on ATS

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm the author of the original story on Examiner.com and the more in-depth story at LostWorlds.org. Just thought I'd let everyone know I've updated the more in-depth version at LostWorlds.org to include new info I've uncovered. It appears the rings at Sapelo have a pile of shell buried in the center of the rings. Thus the whole construction takes the form of a circled-dot or circumpunct. This symbol is created all around the world around 2300 BC. (The earliest versions start around 3200 BC when another cataclysm occurred.) The archaeologist who wrote the paper on the site mentioned that other shell ring sites also feature a pile of shell buried in their exact centers. So this seems a common occurrence. Bob Kobres has argued this symbol likely represents what everyone around the world saw when the meteor entered the atmosphere and exploded.

You can read my updated article at (the new info is on page 3):
lostworlds.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

Read the Urantia book

Makes just as much sense as telling others to watch TV.

Urantia book is nothing but a massive ruse.

Urantia is an obvious front with MANY obvious ties to the CIA, MK Ultra, and TPTB.

Urantia CIA experimental mind control

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

kimish
A pre-clovis civilization? Interesting. I would be willing to bet that the settlement was from Europeans.

Just my simple thoughts.

Perhaps not pre-clovis, if we're talking 2300 B.C....?

Hanslune

Mrs Blonde noted

we know the megalithic ruins of Tiahuanaco and surrounding areas are at least 12,000 years old, it isn't hard for me to believe given that, that there were people in North America building villages at that same time

Actually we don't know that; the dating for Tiahuanaco is between 300-1000 AD, people have been in the area since 1500 BC but the date Posnansky (actually he guessed 12,000 BC) he rather pulled out of his nether regions! However he did so before any of the modern dating techniques were perfected
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Actually Posnansky did a pretty good job, but I agree with you that his dating method, based on archae-astronomical (before archaeo-astronomy even existed as a discipline) estimates, is off and incorrect.

I spent a month at Tiwanaku this spring, kicking up some dirt together with a local archaeologist. I am now convinced that the temple complex is built upon an earlier, older temple complex or settlement. There's plenty of data indicating so, and it does not contradict the conclusions and evaluation of the site so far.
Dating Tiwanaku is a nightmare. Inundations, land slides and possibly earthquakes have tossed the geological strata around, and you can't really trust old school dating techniques in that sense. The site has been pillaged and broken up to an almost unbelievable extent. Excavations so far have not dug very deep, not even a meter, apart from a few test pits. There's plenty of room for new discoveries.

I believe human presence in the area can be pushed back to 3000-4000 B.C, based on close-by finds, and we have a 10 000 year old or more site in the next door province. This is truly a sensational site!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

MrsBlonde
well the timeline of Meso American civilization keeps getting pushed back everyday
we know the megalithic ruins of Tiahuanaco and surrounding areas are at least 12,000 years old, it isn't hard for me to believe given that, that there were people in North America building villages at that same time

Tiahuanaco is not 12,500 years old. That myth comes from crackpot "astro-archeology" that is not accepted by mainstream science.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join