It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2012, NASCAR Will End All Paranoia Over Global Warming Once and For All...at least for a year.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So, we hear Dale Jr. and others have hit 210mph at Daytona, and that's with restrictor plates.

You got to love that Daytona/Talledega style drafting for picking up speed.

You're probably wondering how more people are revved up (pardon the pun) over this year's Sprint Cup Race. Last year's finish was a doozy between Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards at Homestead, then they are over global warming.

If you want a primer on the global warming killer NASCAR upcoming season, here is a quick rundown of teams and owners.

msn.foxsports.com...

There will be no more talk about electric hybrid automobiles catching on fire, unless they are purposely used as a bonfire in the pit area.

Danica Patrick will skip the Indy 500 to race in the Coca Cola 600.

For those of you who are worried about the effects of global warming on the human skin, here is Danica Patrick's swimsuit edition for Sport's Illustrated.

There will be no more worrying about global warming from Daytona to Talledega to Homestead, this 2012.

usauthor.hubpages.com...

Just worry about how bad the economy will get, and quite worrying about the sun.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

I'm not sure how to read half of that.
Either you're making no sense, or nascar is incredibly complex.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Star for the Danica link, thank you!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ummm....what?

What exactly is the point of this?

Where is the conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I saw that earlier in the week. My hat is off to the engine builders and the kids at the colleges around the nation that develop these engine secrets just for their sponsors team. How they get that much power out of those restrictor plate engines is rather amazing. Talladega is faster than Daytona. My bet is NASCAR will slow them down again with some cockamamie thing after they see the qualifying speeds.

The fastest car in a race at Talladega was Bill Elliott (212.809 mph) set in 1987. Soon after that they put the plates on to slow them down but technology is making them just as fast today.

I quit watching NASCAR after seeing them put so many rules in place that the best car doesn't ever hardly win anymore on the plate races. Those races are more deadly then ever before because the cars are so tightly bunched up, one wrong move by a rookie will take out ten cars and your favorite driver.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nascar:

Left, left, left, left

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard

I'm not sure how to read half of that.
Either you're making no sense, or nascar is incredibly complex.

NASCAR 'look's incredibly simple. All these cars turning left for four or five hours at 200 mph.

If you want to find out how complex NASCAR really is, try it.

And I don't mean try it all by yourself on a track. Try turning left for four or five hours at 200 mph with forty other cars around you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Star for the Danica link, thank you!

My pleasure, to be sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Ummm....what?

What exactly is the point of this?

Where is the conspiracy?

A lot more truth than mere conspiracy.

NASCAR is America's National Anthem to the end of global warming hysteria.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

I quit watching NASCAR after seeing them put so many rules in place that the best car doesn't ever hardly win anymore on the plate races. Those races are more deadly then ever before because the cars are so tightly bunched up, one wrong move by a rookie will take out ten cars and your favorite driver.

About the time you say to take the gloves off and let the driver's drive, that's when Carl Edwards sends Brad Keselowski's car into the path of a dozen other cars doing 200 mph..

www.metacafe.com...

Yes, NASCAR can be fickle. Like the American people can be fickle.

Though in the final analysis, America was never to be hobbled by global warming hysteria.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Nascar:

Left, left, left, left

It takes either a very brave driver, or a very stupid drive to attempt going right.

Time to use those hybrid electric cars for bonfires in the pit area.

Budweiser and electric cars just doesn't mix.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs

one kills brain cells one kills the pockets of the oil corporations

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Electricity comes from generators fueld by oil and/or coal.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

im aware of that, ive had that argument and discussion before, i may be wrong but i think using electric cars designed to be most efficient in their charging regard, would depend on less gas...

i personally dont have a car... but i bet there are factual technologies to create an automobile which are far more efficient then the gasoline powered ones...www.youtube.com...

also you probably cant imagine the technologies the military poses... because it has probably taken 40s and 40s of years for the worlds geniuses to imagine them into existence, with unlimited money and resources...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That 212.808mph record was actually set during qualifying for the 1987 Winston 500 at Talladega. Ernie Elliott, Bill's brother, was the one who built the motors for Melling Racing when Bill was there. It just so happened to be the same weekend that what could have been one of the worst disasters in auto racing happened.

That crash and Bill's record lap was the events that brought about the restrictor plate that we see at Daytona and Talladega to this day. The restrictor plate limits the flow of air to the intake on the engine. This device affects the power so adversely that it cuts the amount of power that engine produces in almost half. The typical amount of horsepower produced without the restrictor plate is 750 horsepower. Put the plate on the engine and it cuts it down to roughly around 425 horsepower. In fact it took over three years for engine builders to figure out the nuances of the restrictor plate. Now a days, teams will build cars for Daytona and Talladega not around the engine but around the plate itself.

Ernie and Dan Elliott went on to work alongside Bill when he had his own race team back in the mid to late 1990s and early 2000. Dan retired and Ernie is still down in Dawsonville, Georgia building engines for vehicles.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Electricity comes from generators fueld by oil and/or coal.

no
electricity comes from electrons

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

When you see drivers walk away from accidents like that, you got to ask why Dale Earnhardt didn't walk away from his accident that sure didn't look nearly so drastic.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Electrons come from oil.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Electrons come from oil.

tell that to a lightning bolt

and nascar is a cult

sorta like the romans at the coliseum writ large

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Electrons come from oil.

tell that to a lightning bolt

and nascar is a cult

sorta like the romans at the coliseum writ large

Next time I run across Thor, God of Lightning, in the London subways, I'll ask him about this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join