It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fresh" the movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The documentary Fresh is online free to watch until February 1st. So I thought I'd post the link so more people have the opportunity to watch it while it's freeeeee.

FRESH Synopsis
FRESH celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet.

Among several main characters, FRESH features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen, the recipient of MacArthur’s 2008 Genius Award; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur, Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy.

Link to FRESH the movie

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wish I had the internet at home, sounds like a pretty interesting movie.
Wonder if Netflix will have it?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

If you go to the Fresh the movie website, they have a list of screenings. People can host screenings as well. Otherwise you'd have to buy it. If you saw Food Inc., it has some of the same people in it, but it goes a little bit further into what sustainability is among other things.

Find a friend with internet and hit the up for and movie night and offer to bring the popcorn!

new topics

join