It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever experienced a miracle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have never been so lucky as to have experienced one yet in my life. Can any of you give me a miracle or angel story? I am on the fence about this one, never having the experience myself, however consider myself opened minded and ready to be convinced.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Miracles are not real.No one can give you evidence for a miracle so don't fall for every cheesy story told by a religious fanatic.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

During one of the hardest times in my life thusfar, i was out in a Spa alone at night, pondering existence, and the possibility of other forms of sentience. Shortly thereafter, i looked into one of the distant lights, and two light orbs floated out of it. Ive seen light distortions and effects, this one was different. I felt my heart jump and got a little scared, and as quickly as I let that flood me, they took off, flying back into the light. I then thought to myself, wait, if you mean me no harm, and if in fact you mean to help me, please come back. Slowly this time, they both floated out of the light and danced around for about a minute before i looked up at the stars in awe.

Call it what you will, don't let anyone define what a "miracle" may be for you.
edit on 30-1-2012 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto

During one of the hardest times in my life thusfar, i was out in a Spa alone at night, pondering existence, and the possibility of other forms of sentience. Shortly thereafter, i looked into one of the distant lights, and two light orbs floated out of it. Ive seen light distortions and effects, this one was different. I felt my heart jump and got a little scared, and as quickly as I let that flood me, they took off, flying back into the light. I then thought to myself, wait, if you mean me no harm, and if in fact you mean to help me, please come back. Slowly this time, they both floated out of the light and danced around for about a minute before i looked up at the stars in awe.

that's what I mean.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT

Originally posted by xacto

that's what I mean.

Ah, ok. So you're the supreme authority on definition and experience.

Got it.

To the OP, the world is rife with war, it's a war of definitions, a war of beliefs and supposed experiences to back them up.

I simply shared my experience with you, the other reply was an individual feeding you a lie, a lie based on his or her own belief, and attempting to assert it as absolute, rather than being open to relative perspective. By definition, those not so blind to these things would categorize my story, by definition, as somewhat of a miracle. For me personally, at the time, the context of the situation, it helped me greatly.

So Ornament why dont you just buck off and have miracle filled day

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
I have never been so lucky as to have experienced one yet in my life. Can any of you give me a miracle or angel story? I am on the fence about this one, never having the experience myself, however consider myself opened minded and ready to be convinced.

Yes, I have experienced a miracle. My friend Laura and I were coming home one night from one city to another....she had a new VW car ...you know the small one....anyway...she was driving along the freeway...we were both in the front seat...with our seat belts on...(these seat belts were the kind that just went around the waist)....as we were heading home....it was a very clear night...not much traffic on the freeway...I remember we were in the center lane going around 65-70 miles per hour...and we got into a conversation about God and I said: "I really believe that God does watch over us"...not 30 seconds later we got hit from behind by a semi-truck...Laura steered us away from a cement guard rail...I put my right hand up on the dash board...and prayed and saw my life flash before me..(very quickly)....the car rolled over twice...the car was upside down...and skidded down the freeway about 4 blocks....stopped skidding...turned around very quickly (like a spinning top) and then stopped. Now like I said by this time the car was upside down....Laura got out first then came around to my side of the car...opened the door....and I got out....we stood hugging each other...knowing that a miracle had just happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yes... I have been blessed by several miracles. It is clear to me that God has some purpose for my life.

1. When I was a child the family went to Nags Head NC... A big fishing town. We went to the beach & I was floating when the current pulled me out towards the end of the pier. I heard alot of screaming... Looked up & saw ppl pointing down towards me. It was a shark! It smacked my leg and then a huge wave came & washed all the way up on the beach.

2. Do you know the feeling of someon watching you or coming up behind you? Well... It was sorta like that. My grandmother was in the hospital dying & she began talking and interacting with ppl I couldnt see. I was quiet and just watched. You could feel a presence in the room with us just like you feel the presence of someone coming up behind you. I finally.asked, Maw... Who are you talking too? She replied that she was talking to the angels. Asked if I could see them? When I said no and asked what the looked like? She said the were sooo beautiful! My grandmother passed away a week later.
3. My son got very sick in the 2nd grade... His bone marrow stopped producing red blood cells which carries oxygen to the body. He was critical & at deaths door. He recieved a few blood transfusions in hopes of 'jumpstarting' the bone marrow into production again. After a few months... His levels just kept sinking lower & lower. Until... My step-father (a minister), the deacons of my new & my old church all gathered together after church one Sunday. We anointed my son with oil... Laid hands on him and prayed to the Lord asking for healing. The very next day.... After several months of nothing but a downward spiral... My son's blood count jumped UP over 2 1/2 points!!!! This was a definate miracle! Praise the Lord! The world of medicine is a wonderful thing but it has nothing on God's will & His healing powers.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
miracles are real and happen every day, all over the world for many different people and many different reasons and all of those that are lucky enough to experience them are truly happy to have had that experience. I have personally been witness to two miracles in my life and I will never ever forget them.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Two Weeks ago I awakened to mild chest pain. as the day progressed it became markedly worse.
by 4pm that evening I could barely sit up. I am an RN and familiar with what symptoms go with certain anomalies.
the pain didn't go along with any of them. by 6pm I was lying in the ER very SOB (short of breath) and in extreme pain. I had to literally work for every breath. EKG showed only slight variations, pulse rapid. BP High and a fever of 101 degrees. I was given some Morphine IV and sent for A CT Scan of the chest.
not sure how much time went by as I was given additional pain meds once again after the Chest Scan.
the CT revealed Pericardial effusion. [fluid around the heart due to inflammation or disease]
It is not a situation that resolves in a few hours. the cause must be determined and the inflammation controlled before the fluid will once again absorb into the body.
I was admitted to the cardiac wing of the hospital with heart monitors...the whole 9 yards. I must say I was a little spooked as cardiology was not my specialty.
that morning I was given injections of additional heart meds to slow my pulse and lower my blood pressure.
then taken for an Echo Cardiogram.
After the test I noticed the pain was beginning to decrease. It had been more than 4 hours since I had had anything for pain so all those meds had worn off. by Noon the pain was completely gone, and I was up walking the hallway. No Shortness of Breath. No pain. then the Cardiologist called he told the nurse I could go home if I wanted. the Echo was negative. I inquired about the earlier CT scan. It was confirmed. As was the Echo.
Not a single person could explain this. then when I got home my wife informed me she had sent out a prayer request and there had been hundreds of people praying for me over night.
CT scans when re reviewed do not lie if read by radiologists. Neither do Echo Cardiograms.
Pericardial effusion...gone overnight with no explanation other than the prayers of many friends.
I have never felt so much pain in my life as I did in that ER. There was no mistake on the testing.
By the way, because the Dr was stumped he wanted to go fishing with additional stress tests, and even a heart cath. I declined. I am 61. Perhaps in the future. Had all the stress tests a while back and they were negative.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Life is a miracle.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This could have been a miracle--or not. I was driving to work in my brand new 1978 Datsun B210 hatchback, headed to my job at the library. I had gotten the job about a year before and just gotten married, too, this after a few years of poverty at the minimum wage. My life and a good career was before me. The entrance to the freeway started high on a hill on Sedgwick Road at a stoplight. While I was waiting my turn I saw an insulation truck drive by down below on the freeway itself, SR-16 between Tacoma and Bremerton. It had rolls of pink insulation on it with big pictures of the Pink Panther staring out from each roll. I thought little of it, then it was my turn. I turned right onto the entrance ramp and began my acceleration so that I was doing 60 mph by the time I merged onto the freeway. It went without a hitch.

Up in the distance I saw a car in my lane. It got bigger in my view faster than I anticipated. This was because it was completely stopped. It was a big old Cadillac with big fins that had high centered on a roll of insulation that had fallen off the truck. He had apparently rolled right onto it so that all four wheels were off the ground. It took me a while to figure this out, all while doing 60 mph.

There was no way I could stop in time. I turned hard to the right, but this threw the car into a skid so that the driver’s side door was pointed right at the fin. The rule is, “Turn in the direction of the skid.” I was skidding left, so I turned left. My car straightened out to the right of the fog line and whipped past the Cadillac without touching it. I came within an inch or so, but my car got through without a scratch. Suddenly I was again hurtling down the freeway in the right lane. It was a very smooth maneuver over within a second.

It happened so very fast. Now as with lots of miracles, there’s always another explanation, a way to explain away what happened with a prosaic account. In this case you have to believe that I, at 27 years old, was an expert driver with nerves of steel who new precisely what to do in this emergency at exactly the right time to escape certain death if I had hit the fin dead on, or something else happened.

If you are a believer, you’ll chose one explanation. If not, you’ll chose the other. I don’t know, myself, but when someone mentions miracles I always think of this incident.

edit on 1/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by 1loserel2

Yes, I have experienced a miracle. My friend Laura and I were coming home one night from one city to another....she had a new VW car ...you know the small one....anyway...she was driving along the freeway...we were both in the front seat...with our seat belts on...(these seat belts were the kind that just went around the waist)....as we were heading home....it was a very clear night...not much traffic on the freeway...I remember we were in the center lane going around 65-70 miles per hour...and we got into a conversation about God and I said: "I really believe that God does watch over us"...not 30 seconds later we got hit from behind by a semi-truck...Laura steered us away from a cement guard rail...I put my right hand up on the dash board...and prayed and saw my life flash before me..(very quickly)....the car rolled over twice...the car was upside down...and skidded down the freeway about 4 blocks....stopped skidding...turned around very quickly (like a spinning top) and then stopped. Now like I said by this time the car was upside down....Laura got out first then came around to my side of the car...opened the door....and I got out....we stood hugging each other...knowing that a miracle had just happened.

No, the real miracle would have been if God had stopped the accident from happening. However, your perception of the "miracle" would be non-existent...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
...in fact, why do you all believe in "miracles" as an averted outcome to a bad situation? Should not the real miracle be that the bad scenario NEVER happened with a positive outcome defined as a "miracle'? A "miracle" is nothing more than a human mentally projecting a positive outcome to a bad event. Its called probability and "sh1t happens"...
edit on 30-1-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

It was a miracle...we were in a small VW bug car...we got hit by a semi-truck on a freeway...we came out of the accident unharmed...that is a miracle!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by pityocamptes

It was a miracle...we were in a small VW bug car...we got hit by a semi-truck on a freeway...we came out of the accident unharmed...that is a miracle!

Maybe guardian angels doing their work

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have had many not because I lead a risky life but because dark entities have never wanted me to live.

One happened when I was about 14. I had returned home after school and let our two dogs out the front to do their business, on the lawn in our close. I was alone.
I then forgot the time, as I was reading. (I do that, lol) My sister arrived and asked where the dogs were? I remembered with horror they were out the front and if you left them too long, they took themselves off.
I looked and they were nowhere to be seen. I start panicking so my sister suggests we go look for them.
Dusk was setting in and we decide to go to the local park. I am praying A LOT as my parents were very strict and had beaten me up before for less.
In front of a Catholic school and Convent we see two really clean teenage boys in flannel. I decided they did not live local as they were too nice. We asked them if they had seen two dogs come by and gave their description. They replied no but would look out for them.
We walked to the park and saw a hole in the chain link fencing of the gate. We 'knew' the dogs were in there. There was a lampost outside the park but no light inside the park. My sister and I were too scared to go in and too scared to go home. We were stuck.
Just then the two teenage boys were walking across the road opposite the park's entrance. They came over and asked if we had seen our dogs, we said no but we knew they were in the park.
The boys took our leads and said we will go look for them for you in the park. They climbed over the 6 foot gate into the pitch black .

You could have counted at this point 1...2...3

The boys came back out of the pitch black into the light of the lampost, with the two dogs on their leads, both TO HEEL and no sound was made by the dogs or traffic
They put the dogs through the hole in the gate to us and climbed over, and we said thankyou a lot and things like you have saved my life etc.
They walked the way they were going and we walked home.

It wasn't till I got home, when the logic part of my brain realised they were ANGELS.

I didn't tell my mum for two weeks what had happened, as I was scared to tell her I had made a mistake but she was more excited about the angels than cross about the mistake.

In 2006 me and my hubby and our two teenagers went on a car tour of France and the Alps in a Landrover, staying in motels or camping.
We were heavier than the others in our group as we had 4 people and their luggage, which should have been taken into consideration by the group leader, that nearly cost us our lives later.

One trip was going up Sommelier glacier, it is a very dangerous route, as the width of the Landrover is 2 inches bigger than one part of the one way route. And we were still fully loaded as the leader decided to go before a storm was supposed to hit. We were supposed to have camped first.

I cried all the way up, as I had a definite feeling of foreboding. I have only had that feeling a few times before in my life before and something had always happened.
We got to 9,000ft and we had to stop as my asthma was making me short of breath. We had a photo stop, some food and listened to the silence. The rest of the group drove to 10.000ft.
I was getting worse so we decided to go back down. It's exactly the same route down with lots of hairpin turns.

We came to one hairpin, where we had to shunt, but we were a long wheel base, fully loaded and the road was shale. This hairpin was also too small as there was a boulder that stopping us from reversing.
My hubby put both brakes on and we were still slipping towards the edge. Only 2 inches to go and we were stuck. I had already stated to pray when I got the foreboding feeling and my eldest started to as well.
I got out and went to back and cried to GOD I tried to pull the Landrover up away from the edge. I made the decision if it was going to go over, I would hang on the ladder on the back. The exhaust poured black spent diesel all over me, the engine was revving that much.
I said stop and walked to the side to see if there was anything else I could do. I heard a voice,"Put your hands on the bonnet and push." I did this.
The next bit I don't remember now, as it makes me shake even now.

What I do remember next is that the Landrover was pointing exactly the right way, on the middle of the single width road, with my two dirty hand prints on the bonnet.
I had never been so scared before, my mouth went completely dry and I had to have a drink. I know I looked for a second set of hand prints but there was only two.

Later I phoned my sister in UK to tell her and she had started to pray about the time we were in trouble!

I asked God months later why I only saw two hand prints. He said that no angels were needed that day, as He knew I would use His Spirit to get us out of trouble. And in all the different timelines, we had not died.

With faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains (or fully loaded Landrovers.)
Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Somehow, this discussion has driven on just one lane. Surprising to me that it has not as yet hit a fork in this road. How about paranormal events that happen that are not some fluke of coincidence or luck?

Such an miracle maybe wouldn't involve prayers, a belief in anything, or any outside action by people or the environment. I'll briefly relate something of that sort that happened to me twice.

The first time, my little brother about two, and I, about four or five, got lost in a woods behind our house. Confused, I didn't know which way to lead us back to safety. Without warning or a sound, a picture, about the size of today's big screen digital TVs appeared a few feet above the ground and about twenty feet from us. The picture was a true-to-life image of how our house looked from the edge of the woods. On seeing that image, I know exactly how to get us out. We came out of the trees to see exactly the same landscape that I had seen in the picture. (My bro has no memory of this.)

About two years later, my family moved to another location. A school chum and I got lost in another woods. We argued over which way to go. We disagreed and seperated. When we were seperated a bit, I witnessed the same manner of vision that I had seen about two years before. Except in this case, it was of how our valley looked once we climbed up the slope of the little valley we were in. I ran to tell him and convinced him that I knew the way out and he followed me. --That was about the only time in our later, long relationship that I was ever the leader!

These visions could be classified as real miracles caused by God or some innate Nature I possessed at those time. However buttressed by other events later in my life, I place the cause as being ET related and not of my own doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I had a bad car accident in august of 2006.A teenager, driving a Ford
Explorer, ran a redlight and I t-boned him in the intersection .He was
driving so fast that his car sheered off the front end of my Toyota Matrix.
The impact knocked me across the intersection into the oncoming traffic
lane.
When I came to a stop and got my bearings.I instinctively turned off the
ignition key.I made a mental note that the lights were still on in the dash
board.I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of my car.I had my car serviced
just days before,all the new oil was poured out into the street.
I looked at the front of my car and the radiator was tilted at about a 45 degree
angle.The hood was smashed up and the frame was bent.If I had been going
a little faster,I might have ended up with my engine on my lap.
I saw the Ford Explorer,it had turned upside down with it's wheels in the air.
The other driver got out of his car and I started yelling at him for running the
redlight.He accused me of running the redlight,the police show up and take
our statements.
The other driver suffered a head injury and was taken to the hospital.The paramedic
was talking to me asking if I had any injuries,I didn't think so.He had me lift up
my shirt and I did have a seatbelt burn across my tummy.
By a miracle of G-d,I had a bad accident that I walked away from.I was able to
pray to G-d with my siblings.The other driver's insurance bought my new car.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm over 5 and a half years sober.

new topics

top topics

join