It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds being heard in Canadian North caused by ground re-settling from oil field mining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There have been many posted videos on the popular social media site "YouTube" from around the world with evil like sounds that appear to be coming out of no-where. What the Obama administration doesn't want you to know, is that it has been proven in recently released documents from Canadian National as well as TOTAL Energy (Global Oil Sands Companies) that these sounds are the result of the earth resettling after it has been depressurized and dug up over the last few decades.

Millions of tons of overburden and oil have been taken from the ground across Canada, making the pressurized shale underneath to be forced upwards. This creates a "cracking" in the earth’s upper crust to release the pressurized gas from underneath. There have been several reports out of the Wood Buffalo area over the last 18 months of large cracks forming near open pit mines, releasing extremely high pressure natural gas, causing several injuries as well as damage to pipeline equipment. Reports have also stated that these gas releases occur shortly after the strange noises have been heard nearby.

Another contributing factor to these pressure releases are the "SAGD" facilities that are scattered across the Canadian Arctic. They inject high pressure steam deep into the ground to melt the oil and pump it back up, however this is only increasing the frequency of the stress cracks on nearby mines.

The Obama administration has been hiding these reports from the American public for months, which is putting us in more danger everyday. So far these gas releases have happened in remote, northern areas. What will happen when they start to occur in highly populated areas? The "fracking" the administration has allowed to happen is just a pitiful attempt to control the high pressured gas from finding it's own way to the surface, but its too little too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Source?Links? Please, because i'd really like to believe you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbinoMonkey

The reports have not been released to the public just yet. They will probably surface a few months after the election. But emails sent to some of my colleagues from Calvin Duane, who is one of the environmental managers with Canadian National, have 3 separate incidents where this has occurred. I'll see if i can get a copy of the emails, they had some pretty impressive pictures attached as well. Some of the gaps the releases caused in the earth were 15-20 feet wide.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOilTruth

This is probably the best explanation for these sounds. I mean something has to give with all the extraction of oil and displacing of overburden.
It probably will turn out to be just the Ground Re-settling, and not a bad thing to occur, just a necessary thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm a bit confused here. Obama controls the news coming out of Canada? When did this start and how exactly does it work? Do the Canadian news outlets run their stories by the US Presidents staff before they publish?

There are no articles of any kind, just three emails from some activists?

Personally I think the noises are just the latest YouTube fad with people seeking attention. Obama no more controls the news coming out of Canada than he can control the news reports in the US.

This smells of fabricated propaganda in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
kilowatt144 has made an interesting comment on this video. After searching for some reference to what you're saying only youtube gave me something relevant. The numerous hoaxes don't help.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

That video is the closest yet to the noises I was hearing a couple of days ago.
That can't have anything to do with drilling, I've heard it to the east, not loud, which would be in Manitoba.

I'm blaming it on wind through the trees, or high in the atmosphere, or both.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

She seems to be saying it went on for over a month.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOilTruth
There have been many posted videos on the popular social media site "YouTube" from around the world with evil like sounds that appear to be coming out of no-where. What the Obama administration doesn't want you to know, is that it has been proven in recently released documents from Canadian National as well as TOTAL Energy (Global Oil Sands Companies) that these sounds are the result of the earth resettling after it has been depressurized and dug up over the last few decades.

Millions of tons of overburden and oil have been taken from the ground across Canada, making the pressurized shale underneath to be forced upwards. This creates a "cracking" in the earth’s upper crust to release the pressurized gas from underneath. There have been several reports out of the Wood Buffalo area over the last 18 months of large cracks forming near open pit mines, releasing extremely high pressure natural gas, causing several injuries as well as damage to pipeline equipment. Reports have also stated that these gas releases occur shortly after the strange noises have been heard nearby.

Another contributing factor to these pressure releases are the "SAGD" facilities that are scattered across the Canadian Arctic. They inject high pressure steam deep into the ground to melt the oil and pump it back up, however this is only increasing the frequency of the stress cracks on nearby mines.

The Obama administration has been hiding these reports from the American public for months, which is putting us in more danger everyday. So far these gas releases have happened in remote, northern areas. What will happen when they start to occur in highly populated areas? The "fracking" the administration has allowed to happen is just a pitiful attempt to control the high pressured gas from finding it's own way to the surface, but its too little too late.

Nope, your story is not true.

When the ground settles back into place it doesn't make such loud noises as you claim. If it did, then every time a mico earthquake took place then a loud sounding noise would have to occur; and they don't.
edit on 30-1-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kester
reply to post by snowspirit

She seems to be saying it went on for over a month.

Very likely, I've heard similar weird noises before too, but there's no industry to the east of me. I really have no idea what it is, but to blame it on wind, or sound travelling for many, many miles, is just comforting

I've heard noise (rumbling with clear sky) over my house before too, that's made me go inside and go into "ignore" mode. I'm in the middle of nowhere. I don't need to let my imagination get the best of me.

I just talked to my husband, who drives truck in Northern Alberta. He's mostly around Slave Lake, but sometimes goes up to Fort MacMurray, and he's heard absolutely nothing about any earth cracks, or injuries, or pipeline problems, up there from anything odd, from anyone. Not even rumours of anything strange.
I asked him to listen for the "sounds" , but he says it's always very noisy with industry, and the trucks everywhere.

We're going to need links and sources and verification to believe there's anything odd going on with the oil sands.

The Obama administration has been hiding these reports from the American public for months

^^That doesn't even make sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I don't need to let my imagination get the best of me.

Many years ago I was exploring an 800 year old English Cathedral. I could hear a distant humming noise that got steadily louder as I drew nearer. I'd just convinced myself something very mysterious was going on when I turned a corner and saw..... a bored looking man with an industrial vacuum cleaner.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555. Obama controls the news coming out of Canada? When did this start and how exactly does it work? Do the Canadian news outlets run their stories by the US Presidents staff before they publish?
. Obama no more controls the news coming out of Canada than he can control the news reports in the US.

This is new to you, Companies, governments dictating news stories?

TEPCO has asked for and received a GLOBAL Blackout on news from Fukushima, while radiation is polluting our Air and Oceans.
This is not precedence.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Can anyone make sense of this?

No point waiting for the mainstream media to tell us what it means.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

If the mainstream media said "We haven't got a clue what's going on at Fukushima but it's bad, very bad." I would believe them, for the first time in years.

top topics

join