It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Up To Its Old Tricks In Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know that there are legitimate complaints that originate in friction between Canada's two largest linguistic communities. Believe me, many of those complaints from English speaking Canadians are mirrored on the other side by French speaking Canadians. There are boorish people and bullies and whiners on both sides, but this thread is not about that kind of friction.

It is about another country, France, attempting to introduce a foreign political process into this country and actually creating zones within North America that will be represented in the French legislature to serve French citizens in North America.

This is a very foggy concept to begin with, particularly since the French diplomatic service, through its consulates and embassies already serves the legitimate interests of French citizens abroad.

Even if it were determined that French citizens abroad should have special representatives in their legislature to look after interests that could be handled in no other way, in light of France's proven track record of destabilizing mischief in Canada, everything should be done to prevent that occurring.

Failing that, France should be billed for the expense of CSIS surveillance of the political and possible clandestine activities of political representatives of French citizens in this country and of their staff.

edit on 30-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
o.k yes everyone knows about Ebassies and Diplomatic Immunity and Soveriegn Soil,,,

" France will elect 11 legislators to the French National Assembly, an exercise for which France has carved the world into 11 electoral districts. One seat up for grabs is "North America,"

11 electoral districts,, this means that FRANCE is claiming Territoriel Souvrenty in 11 electoral districts,,
One seat up for grabs,,if here in NorthAmerica,, and if the elected person wins there riding,, in one of the 11 electoral districts,,
then that person represents France in the House of Assembly,,

yaaa let that sink in,,,,,,,

so do i have dual citizen ship being born on Moncton,,one of the territoriel claims, of France,,being represented by,,,, one of the 11 electoral districts,,in the House of Assembly,,ie French Government.

Me.

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Originally posted by BobAthome

From the Article:
"The National Post notes that France responded this month by saying it would go ahead with the election. It plans to place ballot boxes in its embassy and French consulates in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City and Moncton, which, technically, are sovereign territory of France."

This is very hard for me too get my head around,,Moncton, which, technically, are sovereign territory of France,,

Having been Born in Moncton,,Batherst, actually,,i'm both a natural born Canadian Citizen,, as well as French CitizenShip,,?

So technically i am Entitled too both French and Canadian citizenship,, so i have dual citizenship?

seriously??

No, the embassies and consulates are considered french soil. It is the same with any country, nomatter where they are in the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

As far as I can tell the French proposals have no legitimacy in Canadian, International, Eurpopean or even French law and is merely intended to stir up passions etc and create conflict within Canada.

Why France constantly tries to cause trouble in other nation states, and allegedly friendly ones, is quite frankly beyond me and perhaps only the French can explain.

The best theory I can come up with is that France still holds some sort of jealous envy at the success of The British Empire and the abject failure of it's own and that it still retains some arrogant misguided hope of gaining some sort of modern global empire.

Fortunately times change.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

As far as I can tell the French proposals have no legitimacy in Canadian, International, Eurpopean or even French law and is merely intended to stir up passions etc and create conflict within Canada.

Why France constantly tries to cause trouble in other nation states, and allegedly friendly ones, is quite frankly beyond me and perhaps only the French can explain.

The best theory I can come up with is that France still holds some sort of jealous envy at the success of The British Empire and the abject failure of it's own and that it still retains some arrogant misguided hope of gaining some sort of modern global empire.

Fortunately times change.

No the reason is because Canada is one of the most economically stage countries in the world right now. France not so much. Its just another theater in the global economic/informational war.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

o.k yes everyone knows about Ebassies and Diplomatic Immunity and Soveriegn Soil,,,

" France will elect 11 legislators to the French National Assembly, an exercise for which France has carved the world into 11 electoral districts. One seat up for grabs is "North America,"

11 electoral districts,, this means that FRANCE is claiming Territoriel Souvrenty in 11 electoral districts,,
One seat up for grabs,,if here in NorthAmerica,, and if the elected person wins there riding,, in one of the 11 electoral districts,,
then that person represents France in the House of Assembly,,

yaaa let that sink in,,,,,,,

so do i have dual citizen ship being born on Moncton,,one of the territoriel claims, of France,,being represented by,,,, one of the 11 electoral districts,,in the House of Assembly,,ie French Government.

Me.

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

From the Article:
"The National Post notes that France responded this month by saying it would go ahead with the election. It plans to place ballot boxes in its embassy and French consulates in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City and Moncton, which, technically, are sovereign territory of France."

This is very hard for me too get my head around,,Moncton, which, technically, are sovereign territory of France,,

Having been Born in Moncton,,Batherst, actually,,i'm both a natural born Canadian Citizen,, as well as French CitizenShip,,?

So technically i am Entitled too both French and Canadian citizenship,, so i have dual citizenship?

seriously??

No, the embassies and consulates are considered french soil. It is the same with any country, nomatter where they are in the world.

No you don't have duel citizenship. Not unless France actually owned said districts. This is just a claim. Claims are fought in the legal system. Doesn't mean it holds any water though.
besides. The french never occupied anything west of the great lakes. So trying to claim anything beyond that is preposterous. Also we aren't a British colony anymore. So basically they would have to declare war on us to obtain said policy. They are just trying to see if anyone bites on this is all. Doubt anyone would. Save quebec possibly but again who cares if they take Quebec. They can have it. The time I spend there tells me everything I need to know about why I don't give a $h1t about Quebec.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
When I first clicked on this thread I wasn't sure if there was something legitimate,peculiar,or was the age old linguistic conflict that goes back in time further then we can imagine and was imported to the shores of Turtle Island..I tried but failed to understand the op but like he/she said its a foggy subject ..Add to that the bickering about ,not right attitudes ,on both sides of equation and this thread looks doomed ...I was kind of interested ,well ,because as most know we are heading towards a New World Order ...Oh and ain't nobody going to stop it ..It would just be nice to know ,the whos whats whens wheres and hows of the matter ...If we spend our time on useless feelings about one side or the others unrighteousness and getting all worked up we wont be able to delay the inevitable .I say delay because that's all we can do .Our puppets in power need us to bicker and waste our time being distracted by that in order to implement the plan ..I still am very foggy about the op but am still interested .....peace

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
To really understand the original post you have to be somewhat familiar with France's track record of fomenting Quebec separatism by funding Quebec radicals and introducing French intelligence agents into the Quebec political scene to try to guide the political process in that province.

Don't get me wrong. I like the French and have spent time in France. It's a wonderful place and the people there treated me very well, in some cases outstandingly well. I made friends there that are very dear to my heart although I haven't seen them since 1975, but . . . .

If you read John Bosher's book, The Gaullist Attack on Canada 1967-1997, you will see the whole decades long process of undermining, and sabotaging the federal government laid out.

These people were defeated in a secret war largely waged by strong and loyal French Canadians who weren't going to let outsiders into this country to tear it apart. This story is not well known in Canada but it is an object lesson that should be brought home to the Canadian people, who to some extent live in a fool's paradise, regarding their sovereignty and who their real friends and enemies are.

Many would be surprised to find that the original prime mover of that ugly encounter they had with someone from Quebec was in fact some French intelligence agent trying to tear this country apart by stoking the fires of discontent.
edit on 31-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thanks...I have tracked down a little info on that subject and will read later ..I wanted to get a pdf of the book but couldnt find ...peace

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

It's been a while since I read the Bosher book, but if memory serves, Marcel Cadieux was one of the important figures who tumbled to what the French were up to and was instrumental in sabotaging the saboteurs.

He had an illustious career as a Canadian diplomat.

There is a short biographical note about him in Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

He joined the Department of External Affairs in 1941, served as senior adviser to Canadian members of the International Control Commission in Vietnam in 1954, and became the legal advisor to the Department of External Affairs in 1956. A professor of international law at the University of Ottawa, he was the first Canadian to sit on the United Nations International Law Commission. From 1964 to 1970 he was Under-Secretary of State for External Affairs. He was Canada's first francophone Ambassador to the United States from 1970 to 1975, and Head of the Canadian Mission to the European Communities from 1975. He was appointed to advise the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in 1978.

Here is a short online review of The Gaullist Attack on Canada 1967-1997:

www.torontopubliclibrary.ca...

Bosher (York Univ.), a distinguished student of the ancien regime, discusses French meddling in Canadian affairs, a continuing phenomenon since the 1960s. Bosher is a long way out of his field, to be sure, but he has tracked down some splendid sources, including the hitherto closed papers of Canadian diplomat Marcel Cadieux, and he makes a compelling, if not wholly convincing, case concerning French activities and the reasons behind them. Essentially, Bosher argues, Gaullist hatred of the Anglo-Saxons drives the French efforts, and Paris, seeing Canada as in Washington's pocket, hopes to split off Quebec into an independent French-speaking state. What this might do to Quebec, let alone Canada, scarcely crosses the French mind, according to Bosher. That roughly 100,000 Canadians--the vast majority English-speaking--died to liberate France in two world wars matters not a whit; that Quebec opinion in WW II was heavily Petainist is similarly immaterial. Raisons d'etat, misguided though they may be, explain much. Bosher's account is perhaps more conspiratorial in tone than it needs to be, but it succeeds nonetheless. Perhaps it will be translated into French and sold in Quebec City and Paris, where it might have some impact. General readers; graduate, faculty. J. L. Granatstein York University

The book is availabe at many public libraries, including the Toronto Public Library, but I don't know of a digital edition.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join