Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

US foresees May as tentative date for clash with Iran.

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A hurried decision not to de-commission the USS Ponce helicopter marine carrier after duty in Libya - but to refit it for deployment by May in the Persian Gulf as a floating base for commando teams - was confirmed by the US Pentagon and Navy Sunday, Dec. 29. This transportable floating base will expand the commandos' range in coastal areas and support counter-measure against mines which Iran has threatened to plant in the Strait of Hormuz in reprisal for the US-EU oil embargo. The SEALs will also take on Iran's menacing fleet of military speedboats. debkafile reports Tehran operates four different kinds of these craft in the Persian Gulf:



Sunday, the Iranian parliament was due to vote on a motion to cut off oil supplies to Europe in response to the EU embargo declared last week. Tehran has made it clear it has no intention of standing idle until US and European oil sanctions go fully into effect on July 1 and knows that EU nations are not set up to forego 400,000 barrels of oil a day right now.
Saudi Arabia, which pledged to make up the shortfall arising from oil sanctions against Iran, will not have the missing quantities on stream before May – at about the same time as the Ponce and its complement of SEAL commandoes are due to take up position in the Persian Gulf. Tehran may decide not to wait and opt for letting its speedboats loose before then to try and pre-empt American and European plans.


www.debka.com...

This WWIII with Iran and whoever joins behind is looking to be inevitable now. The clamps are in place and tightening around Iran and the recent oil embargo and oil sanctions to that take place July 1. This does not look pretty, I suspect maybe a terrorist/false flag attack to throw more support to attack Iran, either way it appear to be happening fast.




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54
 


Iran should stop exporting oil immediately.

Any delay just lessens the impact.

Come on Iran..just do it already.

Cosmic..



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is some more beating of the war drums. But its not that great of an example. I equate it to a Travis Barker solo this time... meh.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The US an not afford another war at this time.

If we see anything in regards to Iran, it will be small precision strikes, and that is it.
Certainly not a WW3 scenario.

Many American fighting men and women have already been handed their walking papers fr when their enistment is up in the FY2012. A wide spread attack on Iran is simply not coming.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
The US an not afford another war at this time.

If we see anything in regards to Iran, it will be small precision strikes, and that is it.
Certainly not a WW3 scenario.

Many American fighting men and women have already been handed their walking papers fr when their enistment is up in the FY2012. A wide spread attack on Iran is simply not coming.


When has the US ever been able to afford a war? If that was the underlying factor a lot of people would still have their sons and daughters. Small precision strikes won't work IMO, that would cause Iran to attack the US which would cause a war. Israel would join in with the US. Iran has plenty of allies there as well. It wouldn't be good for either side.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54
 


hmmmm.........

debkafile's Iranian and military sources...
debkafile reports...
debkafile's military sources...



And NO official sources to speak of........

Highly questionable.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54
 


No False Flag needed.

Everybody already knows both sides are itching for a fight. I mean, it's in the News on a daily basis with hourly updates. Why bother dragging the "False Flag" scenario into it? I'm not advocating any attack on the Iran but neither side wants to back down.

So they fight, People Die. The price of oil goes up and everybody is happy except the guys/gals at the pump.




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dear congress my bunker is not complete yet, please hold off on the attack until I get my things on order, thanks

-concerned citizen



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by mileslong54
 


No False Flag needed.

Everybody already knows both sides are itching for a fight. I mean, it's in the News on a daily basis with hourly updates. Why bother dragging the "False Flag" scenario into it? I'm not advocating any attack on the Iran but neither side wants to back down.

So they fight, People Die. The price of oil goes up and everybody is happy except the guys/gals at the pump.



Not everybody is happy. Don't forget about the people who die and their families!
But hey, we heard another rumor about weapons (of which we have an abundance of)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The stupid dumb ass Iranians just need to put their nuke toys back in the toy box and forget about them.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
...but who was it that helped Iran to over throw its democratic government in the 70's and help to set up this current power? who....who.....



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by mileslong54
 


hmmmm.........

debkafile's Iranian and military sources...
debkafile reports...
debkafile's military sources...



And NO official sources to speak of........

Highly questionable.



Debka is second only to Sorcha Faal as an untrustworthy source.
Not saying it won't happen. But Debka will be the last to know about it.
edit on 31-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
3

log in

join