It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rage against the machine, vote for Newt." -Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"Rage against the machine, vote for Newt." -Sarah Palin

dailycaller.com...

Anyone who belives this is an idiot. That is not an opinon. I am so tired of this nonsense. Sarah Palin and John McCain running as "mavericks" and now this empty headed rhetoric. I know she is doing this to get a rise out of liberals but I am not planning to vote in this election so I really wont be swayed one way or the other but this crap has to stop.
The political process in this country is a joke. The whole thing is one big joke and nobody seems to care. Everyone is too busy Keeping up with the Kardashians or waiting to hear who Chuck Norris endorces. What an embarassment. There has to be a breaking point ... right? Could we possibly be doomed to hundreds of years of this empty rhetoic and insane leadership? Well its actually not insane. It is way too calculated to be insane. Might as well call it what it is, it's evil. This whole country has turned into whoever dies with the most toys wins.
My advice ... find a hobby. Find something you love and dedicate your life to it. Whether it is exploring space, studying UFO cases, fishing, or even hollow earth theories ... doesnt matter. Get outside once in a while and turn off your TV. Dont let these greedy morons dictate your life.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Too bad old people don't get on the internet.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I would expect more from them. They have to know all these people are completely full of #.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So an old, rich, fat, white guy who has been in politics for decades while accomplishing little is NOT part of the machine? Oh my, I had it wrong all along!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

You would think, but the old people I'm around either: 1) don't really care 2) have a bad memory 3) vote on looks 4) think they know the issues, but don't 5) vote based on what is said on Rush and Sean.

My grandma told me that Paul may say a lot of nice things, but a lot of young ladies won't vote for him because he doesn't have dashing looks. And she's right. The people running for office have to win a popularity contest, and there is far more to it than rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

It sucks that it is true. But it is what it is ... an embarassment.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Thank you.

It was only a matter of time before someone proved me right. Again this is not an opinon. It can be proven with a pen and paper.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh thank god I misread your title. For a second there I thought I was in some kind of Bizarro world where the band Rage Against the Machine endorses Newt Gingrich. But thankfully it's Sarah Palin producing more hot air.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Absolutely not. I would love for Rage Against the Machine to chime back in with a new album these days. I would love to hear their take on all of this.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Anyone on the CFR roster should accept responsibility for being involved with an organization that releases such trash as this...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was just discussing this with someone I grew up with right before I signed on. I don't see how anyone could consider Newt "I've been in politics forever" Gingrich an anti-establishment candidate. The guy has been a slimeball politician for as long as I can remember, just watching the smug look on his face during the debates and hearing the cheers from the audience to his smarmy answers makes me want to bang my head against the wall. The voters who are applauding this guy as being a Washington outsider are either completely delusional or completely stupid and it's a sad thing to see. The power of suggestion is an amazing thing to see in action. If you say something with complete conviction and a straight face, even if it's a complete fabrication, it seems people will believe anything you say. It makes me want to join the darkside, just so I can can lie about things that people know to be false and be applauded for it.
My compatriots and I also talk about the inane things that we're all being distracted with so we miss what's really going on. Jersey Shore and all this pseudo-reality programming bs that we're constantly inundated with are creating a classic life following fiction thing that's disgusting thing to see. The movie Idiocracy is coming to be the true reality right before our eyes/

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionsEverything

It is!

People have no idea how brainwashed our population is. People sit over in Europe and look at us and wonder what we are possibly thinking. It is a lot like Idiocracy. You are constantly surrounded by babbling idiots whose opinion is nothing more than the last piece of television they watched.
Undecided voters? Have you ever met one of these people? "Oh I havent made up my mind yet. I am waiting to see how where they stand the closer we get to election day." Are you out of your mind?!?!?!?! Read ... look up information. Dont wait for it to be fed to you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

It ought to be mandatory to do at least 10 hours of verifiable research on the candidates and their stances on the issues before your allowed to vote. With all the technology and information at our disposal today, I would fully support some government mandates in this regard. TPTB already track everything we look at anyways, doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to implement this. Too bad Big Brother can't work for good sometimes instead of evil.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

True that my like-minded friend, there's a sucker born every minute. And with 300 some million people in this country we're finally reaching the point of over saturation. A critical mass if you will. If it wasn't so sad it'd be comical. People are way too trusting that their fellow man has their best interests at heart. Yeah, I meet people like that everyday. I also meet a lot of older people who wonder why the people in this country aren't rioting in the streets. I was talking to a WW2 veteran the other day who was just disgusted that he watched his friends die for the country to be turned into this stinking quagmire of stupidity and greed.
Not sure of your age, I'm 30, but I remember when the news would be so in-depth on the issues as to be boring. I've been working on a book for awhile and while doing a section on plutonomy I went onto CNN.com and typed it and a few variations on it into the search box. There was like 4 hits, the last of which being from an article about Warren Beatty talking about it in like 1999. Then I entered Jersey Shore and there were umpteen articles about that meaningless sh*t.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionsEverything

I'm 29 and know exactly what you mean. I am so pissed and its no wonder why people dont fight it. It can drive you insane. It's odd to walk down the street and listen to a street preacher go on and on about how it is all falling apart and actually thinking, "Yeah. I know exactly what that dude is talking about." Meanwhile people pass him telling him to get a job or to get a life. Unbelieveable. It is a sad state of affairs over here right now and I dont see things getting any better anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's weird, I went to a parochial school for highschool because the public one down the road from me was probably the inspiration for Dangerous Minds and I remember sitting there in Ethics class listening to the Pastor talk about the endtimes and Revelations and such and thinking " Yeah right, you're basing this on something that was written when people crapped in holes in the ground". Now when I look around and see the deliberate dumbing down of our society and the promotion of questionable, at best, beliefs I have to give some credence to the possibility that they really were revelations about what was in store for us. There's this huge push to make anything that offends anyones sensibilities so politically incorrect that you may as well be advocating the KKK if you don't want your kids to be exposed to alternative lifestyles or brainwashing at an early age.
You can be labeled as supporting terrorism or a bigot if you call a spade a spade and agree with anything not going along with the nonsense that is pushed on us from all angles daily. And I'm not just talking traditional Christian values either, I'm just meaning that parents should have the right to say "I don't want my kid exposed to this" without being labeled a homegrown terrorist. Sorry kind of got off-topic there, but this world is nothing like what I was told it was going to be when I was a kid. I've done my fair share of skirt-chasing and sh*t that definitely wouldn't have been supported in traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs so I'm not trying to preach from a high horse here but we need to be able to call things for what they are.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Saw this the other day.

REPUBLIC OR EMPIRE

Last chance.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I'm sorry to say but it appears that choice was made a long time ago. One election will not fix years of corruption. This is a change that the American people need to make for themselves but unfortunately it appears that they have lost all will to fight for it. We traded it in years ago for the illusion of safety.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think we traded it, along with our common sense, for the ability to watch reality television 24/7 and hypnotize ourselves to the point we don't notice that the house is burning down around us. Sarah Palin was a genius in signing up for her own show, it kept her in the public eye long after she should have faded and allowed her the avenue to "Golly Gee" her way into an already susceptible groups minds.

I seen Newt on TV today pulling another Jedi mind trip on the camera " I will be our next nominee and I will defeat Barak Obama"

" I am now going to produce golden nuggets from my rectum to show that anybody, if they work hard enough and quit whining, can do the same. Feast in the splendor that is my overwhelming Newtness, fighting the establishment since the first of my 47 terms as Senator, because like you. I Too Am An Outsider in Washington."

"If I'm elected President I want Brad Pitt to be my body double because we both have the same passion for life, just as compatible as our physical charachteristics."

The last two quotes may have been just slightly embellished, I had to tone down the rhetoric from the original to make it a little more believable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join