It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all ATS members, what is your age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Age is neither relevant to knowledge nor wisdom. At the end of the day it all boils down to experiences, and I've lived several lifetimes worth. I've traveled the world, have seen life created, I've saved lives, I've seen more people die than most, considering I'm a civilian, and I retain everything I learn and everything I experience, and apply all of that to how I respond to situations, which is typically calm and calculated, though I admit there are a few ATSers (as well as people in life) that ruffle my feathers from time to time, others I feel are quite wise, and others still I wonder if they have to remind themselves to breathe or risk dying of suffocation.
ATS is a great blend of the super intelligent, the willfully [un]informed, the experienced, the wise, the open and closed minded, the faithful, the faithless, and of course the fools... though the latter do maintain a purpose, even if it's generally just for a laugh. I think the average member here teaches other members a thing or two from time to time, and I think we all learn something from our online brethren each and every day while surfing through the threads here. To be truthfully honest, this website has become both a blessing and a curse in my life, as I'm sure many of you can relate.

I'm in my mid 30s by the way.

ps> don't sweat the immaturity. Most of us fall off the straight and narrow path of composure from time to time, especially when the threads begin to get too doom and gloomful and/or a topic becomes overly heated (see religious forums). Some topics are just laughable from the start.

edit on 30-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm 27 but I don't act my age, I act far more immature than my age suggests.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I'm 63

now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Hahahaha!!!

50... in twelve years.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I will be 42 this year, and quite often act much more immature than I should. It's never in a self-destructive way - so to speak - at 41 playing with your children on the playground can be hazardous. I joke with my wife (who is 28), that I'm merely a 20 year old with 21 years of life experience.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Jesus I'm old enough to be most peoples father wow now that's a wake up call I never expected but saying that I seem to attract girls in their 20's for some unknown reason, not complaining though I just wish more of them were Brunette instead of blondes or even better if they had black hair! But even then it gets a bit embarrassing, for me not them. Those old age doesn't matter lines really do begin to get errrrr well kinda cheesy.

Does that make me shallow.... I guess so but hey I can handle shallow until the wife catches me!

and you probably think I'm joking lol

edit on 30-1-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am only nine years old, I am one of the Golden Children destine to take over your crummie world towards the end of the year. Some will assend, we will remain.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I am only nine years old, I am one of the Golden Children destine to take over your crummie world towards the end of the year. Some will assend, we will remain.

I weep for the future.

To the op:
I'm 33 and have found that in noway does age ever dictate maturity.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I am 25. And I really get where coming from, but sadly I think alot of these posters are quite possibly my age or even older. But actually I believe we cannot blame/judge them, because maturity is not a matter of age but a matter of life experience. I think that everybody comes around one day or another so in themea time
Why don't we just ignore, scroll down to what the next ( or the next of the next due to similar replies;-) and be the mature one to actually bing it back to the topic.
Hey loved your thread brother
Peace and much love

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Haha exactly see 8 years of difference yet the same comment and as I am a very slow typer on the keyboard as such you posted before me.
Syncronicity
Peace brother

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
turned 29 on friday ..... again lol

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
21 and No age is definitely a number...experience is what should be scaled

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm 35 and I like to think I'm pretty smart... But that doesn't prevent me from doing some of the most retarded things that you've ever heard of !!! Life is a great teacher. Live and learn my friends.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
28. Quite honestly, I'm surprised that I'm still alive. Almost as surprised that I'm still allowed to be alive.

Someone be a pal and fill in the long-winded analysis and philosophical commentary concerning physical age as it relates to maturity and intelligence here: "-----------------------------------------------------"

Thanks in advance.
edit on 1/30/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No way am I telling anyone here my age.

But.... I can't believe how young everyone is! Yikes!

I'm debating little kids!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm also 22. As for the part about arguing with kids, I take it you're referring to your thread on the Ron Paul scam? I just re-read your original post, as well as some of the replies & I think you're upset your ego couldn't stand up to it. The OP is riddled with logical fallacies & is almost entirely opinion, with no facts or sources. Your points were dismantled by the Ron Paul crew, and now you come crying with a thread & a cover title in regards to age....

Anyway, that's just how I see it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawgiver00
31, good luck starting the internet company. I recently had to close my consulting firm due to the economy. Get ready for some rough roads but if you make it, it is worth it.

Do you need a job haha, I am actually looking for a good lawyer because well, its an interesting venture. I will u2u this to you as well. I just figured I'd ask considering your screenname.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I'm also 22. As for the part about arguing with kids, I take it you're referring to your thread on the Ron Paul scam? I just re-read your original post, as well as some of the replies & I think you're upset your ego couldn't stand up to it. The OP is riddled with logical fallacies & is almost entirely opinion, with no facts or sources. Your points were dismantled by the Ron Paul crew, and now you come crying with a thread & a cover title in regards to age....

Anyway, that's just how I see it.

How did you come up with that connection?? Because I asked one person his age? Well that did give me the idea to start this thread haha good job!!! But got nothing to do with my "ego" w/e that means. I'm not talking about RP here.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
just turned 18 a few days ago, but mentally extremely mature for my age

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I'm with you!!!

Won't be visiting as often I don't think - what a let down.

Why can't we have a Grey Surfers Forum - guess it would be infiltrated eh

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ExTrEmLeY ImMaTuRe 38 yEaR oLd

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join