It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Earth sounds - possible explanations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've watched many of the strange Earth sound videos on Youtube, and it's blatantly clear that some of them are hoaxes. A few of them have the exact same sounds, the person filming is in a busy neighborhood, and no one else seems concerned about the supposed loud sounds the filmer is hearing. I believe some of the videos are real and likely perfectly explainable as distant thunder, a distant airport with military jets taking off etc. In fact, there's an Air Force base about 20 miles from my house. When the atmospheric conditions are perfect, you can hear aircraft operations like it's across the street. They have a squadron of C-130s and you can hear those turbo props just a whaling when conditions are good for sound travel. When they aren't, you can't hear a thing, even when I can see them practicing touch and go landings from a far. I'm sure the same thing happens with trains.

So, as to possible explanations of what some of the other sounds are; project blue beam, HAARP perhaps. In addition, like I initially said, many of these videos just look fake and now this phenomena of strange Earth sounds has gone viral. Well, what would be the perfect way to get a viral marketing campaign going for say, the new Godzilla movie coming out??? That's right, latch on to the strange sounds fad and put out hoax videos!

Check out these 2 videos from Mark Dice where he discusses this.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why not add to the dozens of threads on this subject? This has been posted before.

As here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I could not watch more than half of the first video. It's blatantly obvious that this Mark guy is latching on to the phenomenon by the countless and shameless number of times he advertises his Facebook/YouTube/Twitter/Website in just the first 10 min.

........Oh, is that his book he's advertising behind him? Hmmmmmm?

Sorry, but there is absolutely nothing de-bunked nor explained in his videos. It's just an author advertising himself and his book, which lends no credence whatsoever to anything remotely scientific in explanation. All he says is that he thinks it's Kevin Smith "fans" pulling this hoax.......Well sir, prove it with evidence and without hocking your wares.

....and I'm sure there IS a logical explanation for these sounds. It just has not revealed itself as of yet.

edit on 1/30/2012 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/30/2012 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry if you don't know who Mark Dice is. You can research it. Of course he plugs his work; is that a crime???

I consider him one of the "good guys" fighting the powers that be. He has to promote himself and his work to do so.

new topics

top topics

join