It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Okay I've been wondering why is it in the movie "Extraterestials of the 3rd kind" And in "Independence day" they try to communicate with lights? Why lights? Is their some thing universal about Lights just like math is? In the movie Extrateresitals of the thrid kind how the hell did the little aliens know that we were saying and vise versa? have you guys ever thought about this?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Telepathy, pulsed and directed towards a reception point by light.
Ruth

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
you mean CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the third kind, right?

well, im sure thats what movie your talking about.

to answer your question, all you need to do is think a little bit...
music (if you want to call it that in the film) is VERY mathmatical in nature. add the visual stimuli and you could talk to anyone...

i think they did the right thing by using music as a form of first contact communication. it beats the hell out of trying to first have the ETs figure out the symbols we use for our mathmatics, and visa verse.....

to prove this point just look at all the problems our current so-called HIGH technology has in reproducing even the simplest songs.why should this be so? because the computers are using JUST mathmatics. they cant get it right, our computers play every note in monotone. all the same length as the note before, no sense of rythm, they cant FEEL the notes they are playing, so the song they are attempting to play become a shell of itself... barely recognizable... i think it would go the same way if you tried to use straight mathmatics to communicate with ETs. not to mention what ive already said in the previous paragraph...

just google M.I.D.I. and im sure youll soon see what im talking about.

who knows, maybe music , not math, is the REAL universal language...

[edit on 9/15/2004 by ShiftnSix]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
if my memory serves correct,
in the the movie those researchers had went to India and they all said an object came down from the sky and emmitted those sounds.
that french researcher then did some translation of sound to sign language.

i just think it was a idea Speilberg had thats all. If Higher intelligence did arrive on earth and sought to communicate with us, i would assume they would use some basic communcation. much like how we try to communicate with Apes

new topics

top topics

join