It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue flash in the sky "Bright"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

sunday 3 am

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
What i dont understand it why did everyone experienced at different time frame??? and different places too.

What makes you think they same the same thing you did?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

What i dont understand it why did everyone experienced at different time frame??? and different places too.

Possibly different meteorites. maybe relating to the Asteroid 2012 BX34. Fragments of it are a possibility although there are hundreds of UFO sightings every day. Doesn't mean they are genuine.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Breaking News -MBIQ Indicates NY NJ MD PA VA Meteor Fireball 28JAN2012 MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query) Bot Indicates NY NJ MD PA VA Meteor Fireball 28JAN2012

above quote says fireball at 28 jan 2012, i saw it at 29 jan 2012 at 3 am, so this tells me there wasnt one, but few fireballs in the area, what can this be???? space junk or something we dont know about, even egypt saw it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

yes it could be that but the date they said was jan 27 for that not 28 and 29, did they lie to us?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com...

scroll down and read the comments

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

yes it could be that but the date they said was jan 27 for that not 28 and 29, did they lie to us?

No I don't think 'they' lied to us. I think it's a possibility that there were small fragments trailing behind the main asteroid. If they didn't see BX34 until a few days before, there's no chance that they would have seen smaller trailing rocks.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

There are thousands of fireballs sighted each year.
www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

yes could be possible, but they dont tell us that right, they only mention one asteroid, not something trailing behind it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yes you are right, but if you see which states saw it, all the states from the past fireball views are close by, this was wide spread at different timing. you could be right tho, but what I saw, ppl commented seeing 6 hours before , even some place like Egypt, Scotland, California, Tennessee saw it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I saw the same thing once in the DFW area in the middle of the night. It was an instantaneous, bright flash that took up most of the sky. We were night swimming and then saw the flash. We freaked out and thought it was a nuclear flash, but after doing some research and speaking with the local astronomer at UNT, we figured it was a bolide.

Astronomy The word bolide comes from the Greek βολίς (bolis) [2] which can mean a missile or to flash. The IAU has no official definition of "bolide", and generally considers the term synonymous with "fireball". The term generally applies to fireballs reaching magnitude −14 or brighter.[13] Astronomers tend to use "bolide" to identify an exceptionally bright fireball, particularly one that explodes (sometimes called a detonating fireball). It may also be used to mean a fireball which creates audible sounds.

The bolide we saw was silent, and quite spectacular.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'll ask again. What make you think it was an "it". What makes you think you saw the same thing as those who reported seeing a fireball. You didn't see a fireball, you saw a flash of light.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Well they wouldn't need to tell us, these 'rocks' are probably the size of grapes at most. Even a particle the size of a grain of rice can create a visible meteor.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yeah your right, i cant say it, because i didn't saw the object, but from what i am reading, sounds like a meteor.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

From what you described, it also sounds like an exploding transformer.
But keep your eyes open, there may be more reports from your location.

edit on 1/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

did you check the map out on this website, it shows the location of states and countries which saw something, do you think a transformer light can travel that far out? thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And why do you insist those people saw the same thing you saw? It wasn't at the same time. They actually saw a fireball, you did not.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

alot of the reports are from NJ tho, but i dont get the fact, they have different timing from NJ too , does not make sense at all. but you can be right.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

dude i saw a blue flash in the sky a couple of months ago with my girlfriend, im in Florida, i even made a thread on it. it was a quick blue flash it lit up the sky, it was like a blueish greenish flash.

here it is went to look for it

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-1-2012 by ^anubis^ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Im in Pittsburgh, and last night around 8:30 PM, I caught a bright blue flash in my peripheral followed by a brief power outage. I thought it was a transformer blowing, since I heard no thunder (Though, I did have my headphones on at the time), and lightning this time of year is a pretty rare occurrence..

A few minutes later I see another flash from the window, but this time I hear a subtle thundering noise moments later, so I concluded it must be lightning in the distance.

Almost forgot to mention it was snowing at the time, which is why I didn't think lightning at first. It was odd weather at the very least. Not to say it has never happened, but I don't recall ever seeing lightning during a snow storm in my whole life here in Pittsburgh.

Maybe it was the same patch of weather rolling through your area...a few hundred miles and about 7 hours later. Plausible? I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join