It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INFURATING Paul campaign telling me how to vote for him!! Recent college grads may not be able to vo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I got a call from their campaign last week in WA asking first if I would like to hear more about him. I pressed 1 for yes, and then I got a new message which breifly stated his views and then asked me if I was interested in voting for him... HELL YEA I pressed 1 again! And then they said if I wanted to vote for him there was ONLY one place I could go which I wrote down and can't remember "I'm hoping it's in King County". But what pisses me off more is the fact that in WA as a voter I can only vote for 1 candidate from 1 party unlike in other states. However if I want to vote for the "1 candidate from the 1 party" that I've been planning on, I hafta go to some place I don't even know about just to excersize my AMERICAN RIGHTS WTF?!?!

Another thing that I'm pissed off about in which I think is a deliberate way to prevent the youth from voting is that since I went to college in a separate county for 2-3 years I can't vote in King County anymore. So I called up whatever stupid government office it was that they said I had to contact and they told me that I couldn't register back to my own county unless I went to thier stupid office in person in Kirkland which is a LONG drive for me. All because I went to college.... I don't recall getting my concealed weapons permit or buying my first pistol being as complicated and requiring as much effort as this... Which is why I imagine plenty of smart youth that don't even know this showing up to vote on their particular day to get stonewalled by all this crap and not having enough time to vote for ther person they really want to, thereby either not voting or being forced to vote for whoever they see on the ballot that will be "acceptable" to vote for, if they'll be ALLOW TO VOTE AT ALL.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Swing80s because: trying to make the rest of the title fill

edit on 30-1-2012 by Swing80s because: trying to make the rest of the title fill

edit on 30-1-2012 by Swing80s because: making it fit

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I can see how this is INFURIATing

When the time comes to vote, you'll more than likely have a local voting office or designated place to do so. I am not sure why the call you received made it sound as though you had to jump through hoops to have your voice heard.

I would suggest getting more info. It sounds a little odd to me

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well since I have 2 topics that I'm trying to fit into 2 titles I dunno if I should post the second subject separately. Do you know a way I can write the title to make it fit?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well we have to make sure that you are not a dead illegal immigrant Acorn worker that will try to vote multiple times without proper Republican-approved, government-mandated identification!

How dare you expect something as simple as casting a vote be easy and fair?

Ok, I'll stop being silly.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It just pisses me off that my last vote didn't count as I didn't even know I was technically a "citizen" of Kittitas County just cuz I went to college there and they said I lived there for 3+ years which is bull*!!! I had a dorm, 3 different houses there over my college life but I probably spent way less time there considering almost every break I was back in King County.... GRRR I do NOT WANNA DRIVE TO KIRKLAND TO TALK TO SOME STUPID GOV EMPLOYEE IN PERSON TO GET MY VOTING RIGHTS BACK IM NOT A FREAKIN FELON AND IM A DAMNED DAMNED really "damned" I guess US CITIZEN GRR...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
I got a call from their campaign last week in WA asking first if I would like to hear more about him. I pressed 1 for yes, and then I got a new message which breifly stated his views and then asked me if I was interested in voting for him... HELL YEA I pressed 1 again! And then they said if I wanted to vote for him there was ONLY one place I could go which I wrote down and can't remember "I'm hoping it's in King County". But what pisses me off more is the fact that in WA as a voter I can only vote for 1 candidate from 1 party unlike in other states. However if I want to vote for the "1 candidate from the 1 party" that I've been planning on, I hafta go to some place I don't even know about just to excersize my AMERICAN RIGHTS WTF?!?!

Another thing that I'm pissed off about in which I think is a deliberate way to prevent the youth from voting is that since I went to college in a separate county for 2-3 years I can't vote in King County anymore. So I called up whatever stupid government office it was that they said I had to contact and they told me that I couldn't register back to my own county unless I went to thier stupid office in person in Kirkland which is a LONG drive for me. All because I went to college.... I don't recall getting my concealed weapons permit or buying my first pistol being as complicated and requiring as much effort as this... Which is why I imagine plenty of smart youth that don't even know this showing up to vote on their particular day to get stonewalled by all this crap and not having enough time to vote for ther person they really want to, thereby either not voting or being forced to vote for whoever they see on the ballot that will be "acceptable" to vote for, if they'll be ALLOW TO VOTE AT ALL.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Swing80s because: making it fit

If you really have to go to some far-off site to vote... then hell, try to really piss off the establishment...

Try to get a few college friends to go in halfsies on a van or bus (they rent pretty cheap in my town) and then load that baby up with Paul Supporters. When you get to the voting office have em file-out one-by-one with Paul shirts/hats/stickers on and watch the mouths on the staff drop.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
HAHAHA maybe I should head down to the local community college!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
No offense, but is the government supposed to hold your hand every step of the way or is it your own personal responsibility to educate yourself on the voting process?
You do understand the concept of a primary election, right? It is held by the party. It is not the actual vote. There are no rights being abused there. Some states have open primaries, some have closed, but it is to determine candidates within the party, not who holds the office.
Being a resident of a given area is about the most important thing a community can enforce in order to guarantee the freedom of the process and ensure it isn't being abused.
I say get a sense of personal responsibility, learn to do things on your own without feeling entitled to have others do everything for you, and don't blame others for your own lack of voter education.
Your OP epitomizes everything that Ron Paul opposes.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You can change your voting county on-line. No need to drive anywhere.

King County Voter Registration

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
To Pierrewhateverthehellyournameis: I'm not retarded. I know the difference between a primary and an actual presidential election. I just don't feel it's right that people in some states can vote in both primaries where I can only vote for one. And the other thing which I don't seem you're able to get is that I DO understand the voting process and I WANT to vote for paul but I CAN'T unless I go to ONE specific area.

To: Julie Washington in their name: When I called kirkland they told me I had to do it in person at their office to change it, I checked out the .gov websites and no place told me I could change it online...
edit on 30-1-2012 by Swing80s because: had to change somebodies name

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
IT SAYS IM NOT REGISTERED TO VOTE WTF... SO NOW I HAFTA REGISTER AGAIN WHEN I HAVE DONE IT YEARS BEFORE?!?!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Moving from one county to another within Washington State

If you move between counties in Washington, you must complete a voter registration form(external link) or if you have a Washington State driver’s license or ID card you may fill out anonline form (external link). To be eligible to vote in your new precinct, you must change your Washington State registration no later than 29 days prior to the election.

You can register on line
You can register by mail

Voter Registration

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Also, I believe you can choose to vote by mail. You can vote in the privacy of your own home and send in your ballot by mail.

I'm not sure who you were talking to in "kirkland". Who was that.

I think they have provided you with incorrect information, which is causing your frustration. The voter registration process is quit simple.

Perhaps they were talking about voting at a caucus event, which of course you would need to personally attend. I think that Ron Pauls main campaign headquarters is in Kirkland, so they were most likely talking about a caucus vote, not a vote in the Presidential election.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

unfortunately only thing i can say is that i heard dead people vote now, fake your death to save the planet?

new topics

top topics

join