It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prices of Ammunition seem to be getting more expensive...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, the closer we get to the elections the more ammo is going to cost. Every NRA nut job in America will come out from under their rocks and warn us all that Obama is going to take away our guns and ammo! Better buy now! Then they raise the prices and create artificial shortages.

Then, as always, nothing happens. I'm still waiting to see when my gun gets taken away from the fear mongering in 2008!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I only buy what I can find on sale these days (9mmm). I don't nit pick when it comes to ammo for training. My little Kahr is only finicky with certain types of defense rounds namely Federal Hydra Shocks for some reason.

As far as the price increases go. It just reflects the record number of Firearm sales last year. Even in whacky states like Illinois, gun sales are up about 6% from 2010. In Ill. you need a license in order to even own a firearm. Imagine the sales increase if Illinois ever legalizes CCW. Ill. and DC are the only States/District that prohibit CCW.

If Wisconsin can pass CCW legislation, surely Illinois can. DC is just a lost cause...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

your right the price has gone up 3.15 to over 5.00$ for a can of caps 20.00$ a pound for 2ff did not see how much patches went up but then i make my own same with the balls, lead still at 1.00$a pound

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Well, the closer we get to the elections the more ammo is going to cost. Every NRA nut job in America will come out from under their rocks and warn us all that Obama is going to take away our guns and ammo! Better buy now! Then they raise the prices and create artificial shortages.

Then, as always, nothing happens. I'm still waiting to see when my gun gets taken away from the fear mongering in 2008!

Americans purchased almost eleven million guns in 2011 alone.

Who's going to travel door to door to collect all those guns?

And can you visualize how hilarious it would be to see a liberal walking down the street with an armload of collected rifles?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

If it wasnt for the persistent and HUGE amount of outcry from the firearm organizations, firearm owners, and Constitution defenders, they would have been taken away already. Operation Fast And Furious seemed to be an attempt to accomplish that, but was exposed.

And lets not forget what Obama told Sarah Brady in early 2011 during a meeting regarding gun control. During the meeting, Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, with Obama “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda.” :

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

But pro-Constitution, and pro-firearm folks are a tough crowd who refuse to see their rights and opportunity to DEFEND THEMSELVES be STRIPPED away. They are always watching, and always speaking up against traitors.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If your not interested in reloading try this website. Always fast delivery and a large variety of cheap ammo with customer reviews.

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

I picked up a new Springfield XD .45 this morning. I was looking at all the ammo in the Cabelas near me and the price does seem to be rising. They do sell cheap ammo in bulk there for an ok price but it sells out fast. Another good place to find ammo is gunshows. In my experience gun shows have given me the best deals on bulk ammo.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well you have to figure, after a world war, why have civilians armed if what you want is their slavery and poverty assured. Giving them ammo, or money for ammo goes against the Khazar / illuminati agenda. damn NWO. leave my guns alone!
edit on 30-1-2012 by bronxbull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
If your not interested in reloading try this website. Always fast delivery and a large variety of cheap ammo with customer reviews.

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

I picked up a new Springfield XD .45 this morning. I was looking at all the ammo in the Cabelas near me and the price does seem to be rising. They do sell cheap ammo in bulk there for an ok price but it sells out fast. Another good place to find ammo is gunshows. In my experience gun shows have given me the best deals on bulk ammo.

I have an XD-9 (my wife's CCW) and an XDm-45 (my CCW) with a 3.8" barrel.

Two of the greatest guns I have ever owned. May I ask why you chose the SA-XD?

I was at a match and a buddy had one. The 1911 angle grip makes it 1000% more comfortable to point-and-shoot than a Glock. Too bad I couldn't afford a Sub and a full-size at the same time. I reeeally miss my friend's gun, lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I chose it because I love Springfiel firearms and it's one of the best fitting .45's I've ever shot. I Brought it home and was driving nails right off the bat. Now I just need a good M1A, or a Socom and I'll be set.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Recently I purchased a few boxes of 100rd Federal 40 S&W for $24 ea.
TUL ammo is even cheaper here at $19.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join